Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any Ducktail pics and info?

 
Old 05-14-2019, 07:35 AM
  #76  
BaileyII
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
BaileyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Fuquay Varina NC
Posts: 409
Default

Your ducktail is sweet. Looks so good on your white car.
BaileyII is online now  
Old 05-14-2019, 01:08 PM
  #77  
PJP13
User
 
PJP13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 62
Default

Originally Posted by chuckgm3 View Post
Got mine back today. Still needs a wash before better pictures.




What Brand tail did you go with?
PJP13 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 01:42 PM
  #78  
chuckgm3
User
 
chuckgm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Southern California
Posts: 61
Default

Thanks. It’s Getty designs
chuckgm3 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 05:50 PM
  #79  
drockzcity
User
 
drockzcity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by myw View Post
hi drockCity - would you have more photos of your car and spoiler? did you need the wire harness of any sorts (since there is no led on the spoiler?) - i really like this ducktail classic.
Everything was direct hook plug and play. The only slight issues was adjusting for fitment. From Getty the sport has a slightly better fitment than the classic but a few small tweaks and it's fine.
drockzcity is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:38 AM
  #80  
wc11
Super User
 
wc11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pickering, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,084
Default

Bunch of "Ducking" awesome examples and choices here for sure.
wc11 is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 04:28 PM
  #81  
Grdi
User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by chuckgm3 View Post
Got mine back today. Still needs a wash before better pictures.




do you have transparent here, can you see through?

Grdi is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 04:56 PM
  #82  
chuckgm3
User
 
chuckgm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Southern California
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by Grdi View Post
do you have transparent here, can you see through?
You're looking at internal ducting in white unfinished fiberglass. I only painted the top of the inside black since it shows through the grilles but I guess you can see the bare fiberglass through the snorkels too, didn't really think about that.
chuckgm3 is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 05:26 PM
  #83  
Grdi
User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by chuckgm3 View Post
You're looking at internal ducting in white unfinished fiberglass. I only painted the top of the inside black since it shows through the grilles but I guess you can see the bare fiberglass through the snorkels too, didn't really think about that.
Check my picture and you will understand why I’m asking. My ducktail version is so called “racing” version in carbon, vendor in Europe

Grdi is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 05:34 PM
  #84  
chuckgm3
User
 
chuckgm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Southern California
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by Grdi View Post
Check my picture and you will understand why I’m asking. My ducktail version is so called “racing” version in carbon, vendor in Europe
Yeah it looks like yours does not have the same internal structure as mine. I didn't take many before paint photos but you can sort of see these baffles. I believe the purpose is to prevent water etc from dripping straight into the snorkels.


chuckgm3 is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 05:42 PM
  #85  
Grdi
User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by chuckgm3 View Post
Yeah it looks like yours does not have the same internal structure as mine. I didn't take many before paint photos but you can sort of see these baffles. I believe the purpose is to prevent water etc from dripping straight into the snorkels.

Thanks Chuck!
Exactly, water is one aspect, I have kind of “protection” for the grills when washing car.
Second aspect I’m thinking about is air intake and pressure direct (my version) vs. indirect (your version) towards engine...
My tail from above


Grdi is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:06 PM
  #86  
DesmoSD
User
 
DesmoSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 939
Default

Grdi Very interesting. Which manufacture do you have? So your ducktail has a direct open hole from the mesh grill to the airbox port?
DesmoSD is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:20 PM
  #87  
Grdi
User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by DesmoSD View Post
Grdi Very interesting. Which manufacture do you have? So your ducktail has a direct open hole from the mesh grill to the airbox port?
Yep, what I notice, high revs car is more alive, maybe placebo effect 😊
Right after I mounted Akrapovic and hard to compare vs. oem?!
Manufacture is from Nederland

I’m wondering how does it look at the original hood, 997.2 Sport Classic? I assume there is something like Chuck has and not direct like my version.
Grdi is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:51 PM
  #88  
///Malcontent
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
///Malcontent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NoVA
Posts: 46
Default

The OE Sport Classic duck tail and OEM Aerokit tails have the same splash guards. On the OE Porsche tails, the splash guards are separate parts. Number 6 in the pic.


///Malcontent is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: