Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 997 Before & After Progress

Old 03-28-2019, 01:29 PM
chuuey
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome, congrats, and love the roof setup! Almost exactly what I run. Just don't forget the bikes on the roof when pulling in the garage!
Old 03-29-2019, 09:21 AM
Quadcammer
Super User

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

careful with bear mountain. Lots of cops, cyclists, etc. Harriman state park has the best roads in the area, but I stopped going on those sorts of drives once I got hooked on the track. Come down to NJMP for some track days.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:08 PM
Christian Stark
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the wing! I will be searching for a wing/duck tail/ etc. for mine when I pool some more mad money. Currently I have the standard on my 997.2 C4S.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:10 PM
wellcooled
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vince Honorato View Post
Im in love with that stance and look. Love that Porsche's can look so good on springs and wheels. That front bumper sets it off!
Thank you Vince Honorato ! The front aero bumper really changes the look of the car, but the front lip sits low and scrapes. I wish to have a front air lift kit for hard to enter driveways
Old 03-29-2019, 03:17 PM
wellcooled
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porscheLMP View Post
Hi and welcome OP! Great looking car! I saw you said that you have joined the PCA,where are you located? Wife and I both have 911's, and have done many of the "coffee run" drives in and around our area, including the one to Bear Mtn. We are in Stamford CT, so part of the CT valley PCA.

Also, there is an amazing show/gathering here in New Canaan, several times a year (if you feel like cruising up). Very large , and diverse attendance, with a huge Porsche crowd as well.

Cheers!

Bryan
Thank you porscheLMP ! That’s awesome you and your wife both have 911’s. I’m located in Queens and looking to check out the Caffeine & Carburetors next month in New Canaan with my buddie who lives in Greenwich CT.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:27 PM
sober_owl
Addict
Rennlist Member

i have an 05 c2 live in nyc also.. i might want to go with an aerokit wing maybe we should talk since no paint work will be involved..both blk
Name:  20190325_111815.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  540.0 KB
Name:  20190325_111904.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  347.6 KB
Old 03-29-2019, 03:45 PM
Stéphane Lepage
User

I have to agree about the wing. While it looks great and might have a purpose on the track, to me it looks a bit overblown for city driving.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:48 AM
wellcooled
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chuuey View Post
Welcome, congrats, and love the roof setup! Almost exactly what I run. Just don't forget the bikes on the roof when pulling in the garage!
Lol Thank you chuuey !

Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post
careful with bear mountain. Lots of cops, cyclists, etc. Harriman state park has the best roads in the area, but I stopped going on those sorts of drives once I got hooked on the track. Come down to NJMP for some track days.
Thanks Quadcammer for the tips! I was planning to attend NJMP next weekend through PCA but my car will be at the shop getting it’s paint corrected. I’ll have to wait till the next available PCA DE there.

Originally Posted by Christian Stark View Post
Love the wing! I will be searching for a wing/duck tail/ etc. for mine when I pool some more mad money. Currently I have the standard on my 997.2 C4S.
Thanks Christian Stark ! I was thinking about getting the Getty sport ducktail, but which ever you choose it’ll look great on your car!
Old 03-30-2019, 10:23 AM
wellcooled
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sober_owl View Post
i have an 05 c2 live in nyc also.. i might want to go with an aerokit wing maybe we should talk since no paint work will be involved..both blk
Attachment 1302231
Attachment 1302232
Nice! PM me
Old 03-30-2019, 11:46 AM
josserman
User

I’m in lower CT, might pop into a Caffine and Carb’s in New Canaan this summer. Our cars may look pretty similar just picked up the same BBS CH-R’s for my black 997, no aero though.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:22 PM
MrSlacker
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looks awesome!

All "driving roads" are up north. Bear Mountain is the most popular destination, but you have to go very early (6am) to avoid the cops, bicyclists and general traffic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: