Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 997 Before & After Progress

Old 03-23-2019, 01:05 AM
Aeromat209
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Congrat's on the new ride ! I would hang on to the wing to. If you go back to no Aero front end then dropping the wing makes sense . The wheels are Awesome . Easy with a new car to want to add and change but best to put some money in driving skill training what is stock with these Magnificent machines . They are set up to perform far beyond our basic skills .
Old 03-23-2019, 01:18 AM
preelude
User

Love the CH-R's, car looks great! Congrats!
Old 03-23-2019, 02:36 PM
wellcooled
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BaileyII View Post
I have the dual style. Total eye candy. Love the sound that it makes.
Thats awesome! Makes me miss mine
Old 03-23-2019, 04:20 PM
wellcooled
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flat_Six_ View Post
Congratulations on the car! Sounds like a great way to honor your step-dad. Heíd be proud to see you driving it.

Your wheels look perfect!
Thank you Flat_Six_ !
Originally Posted by Ditchhanger View Post
Beautiful car and great story about your step-dad. Love the look and the wheels are awesome!

I will say that although the wing is a personal choice, you might want to consider leaving it on, since now you have a full aerokit car. Also, even though you may not be driving at high speeds where the aerodynamics from the front bumper and rear wing take effect, having the front bumper on and the rear without the wing may possibly throw it off. Like I said, it's a personal preference and your car...rock what you wanna rock on it! I did the aero front bumper and turbo rear decklid to balance it out on mine.
Thank you Ditchhanger ! Thatís one of the reasons why Iíve been 50/50 about it since itís best to have both on. I love the turbo wing. I was looking at a oem turbo rear decklid but the owner got my offer confused for his Turbo wheels. By the time he realized someone purchased the turbo wing on EBay

Originally Posted by Aeromat209 View Post
Wow Congrat's on the new ride ! I would hang on to the wing to. If you go back to no Aero front end then dropping the wing makes sense . The wheels are Awesome . Easy with a new car to want to add and change but best to put some money in driving skill training what is stock with these Magnificent machines . They are set up to perform far beyond our basic skills .
Thank you Aeromat209 ! Yes planning to keep both deck lids for now. Iím looking into doing some PCA DE courses first
Old 03-23-2019, 04:26 PM
wellcooled
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by preelude View Post
Love the CH-R's, car looks great! Congrats!
Thank you preelude!
Old 03-23-2019, 04:28 PM
groovzilla
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I love Lobster Forks but have to say your wheels look great!
I assume you have a parking spot in a garage living in NYC? Not good car to leave out on street.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:58 PM
Ditchhanger
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wellcooled View Post
Thank you Ditchhanger ! Thatís one of the reasons why Iíve been 50/50 about it since itís best to have both on. I love the turbo wing. I was looking at a oem turbo rear decklid but the owner got my offer confused for his Turbo wheels. By the time he realized someone purchased the turbo wing on EBay
I got mine through LA Dismantlers...you could give them a call and see if they have any in inventory. They come up from time to time.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:05 PM
masti99
User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats, enjoy in good health! Recommend to join the local PCA group they have great driving events that I remember when I was in NY. Also, search for bear mountain fun roads and the link https://goo.gl/maps/PPtEMrbETv22
Old 03-24-2019, 07:40 PM
J_F_G
New User

Lovely, and I applaud using the ample space available on the roof! Try taking it for a trip to IKEA or something else that's bulky but not too heavy. I used to get the weirdest looks driving back with a few shelves on top...
Old 03-25-2019, 09:48 PM
wellcooled
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groovzilla View Post
I love Lobster Forks but have to say your wheels look great!
I assume you have a parking spot in a garage living in NYC? Not good car to leave out on street.
Thank you groovzilla ! Yes I have it parked in my garage thankfully
Old 03-25-2019, 09:49 PM
wellcooled
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger View Post
I got mine through LA Dismantlers...you could give them a call and see if they have any in inventory. They come up from time to time.
Thank you I will check them out
Old 03-25-2019, 09:53 PM
wellcooled
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by masti99 View Post
Congrats, enjoy in good health! Recommend to join the local PCA group they have great driving events that I remember when I was in NY. Also, search for bear mountain fun roads and the link https://goo.gl/maps/PPtEMrbETv22
Thanks masti99 ! Iíve been wanting to check out Bear Mountain, just waiting for good weather. Yup joined PCA when I first got the car, but havenít done any events yet since it was winter.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:03 PM
wellcooled
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by J_F_G View Post
Lovely, and I applaud using the ample space available on the roof! Try taking it for a trip to IKEA or something else that's bulky but not too heavy. I used to get the weirdest looks driving back with a few shelves on top...
Wow I applaud you! I would be a little nervous having a box of furniture on top and securing it in place.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:34 PM
Vince Honorato
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im in love with that stance and look. Love that Porsche's can look so good on springs and wheels. That front bumper sets it off!
Old 03-28-2019, 08:39 AM
porscheLMP
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi and welcome OP! Great looking car! I saw you said that you have joined the PCA,where are you located? Wife and I both have 911's, and have done many of the "coffee run" drives in and around our area, including the one to Bear Mtn. We are in Stamford CT, so part of the CT valley PCA.

Also, there is an amazing show/gathering here in New Canaan, several times a year (if you feel like cruising up). Very large , and diverse attendance, with a huge Porsche crowd as well.

Cheers!

Bryan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: