997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 GTS for sale

Old 03-08-2019, 03:13 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,412 Likes on 2,687 Posts

Porsche buyers can be a real PITA. I've had mostly positive results with the 30 or so P-Cars I've sold over the past 30 years.
I did have a few issues with a couple of prospective buyers not showing up when I sold my 05 997S 2 years ago or showed absolutely no interest which was really a first for me. Usually people always show up and will call or text if running late.
With the 05 997S, a couple of guys showed up and just looked it over and left - No questions, no real interest other than looking at it. I asked one of them if they wanted to test drive it and he said oh no, I'm just sort of looking and not ready to buy.
This was very unusual because 99% of my buyers have always been on top of it, really interested and tons of questions/etc and very ready to pull the trigger.

Does your GTS have accident damage? Just curious because I know that can play much more of a role in a higher end Porsche or any higher end car for that matter - Previous accident damage doesn't seem to be much of an issue with run of the mill 991/997/996/993 models as long as the repairs were done professionally with excellent color match.
**Can also be the time of the year - You may find come spring which is right around the corner you will get more serious interest with buyers ready to go.
Good luck with it - Has a beautiful stance!
Old 03-08-2019, 11:11 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince Honorato
Have you thought about returning most things to stock and parting out? lower the price to around 50k for a quick sell and sell of the parts for 8-15k profit?

More of a hassle but it please both ends and you get some spending money of the parts (which hold good value for Porsches).

just brainstorming here
I looked into that a while back but neither seats, nor OEM CL wheels are easy to find. As I've said before, the reason I even posted the ad on RL is that this is typically a pretty mod friendly crowd. Anything from after market wheels to exhausts to intakes and superchargers are discussed here almost daily. But now all of a sudden it has to be all stock.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:28 PM
blakecam
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Here is a set of OEM wheels that have been for sale for quite a while.
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...or-sale-2.html
Old 03-09-2019, 12:01 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by blakecam
Here is a set of OEM wheels that have been for sale for quite a while.
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...or-sale-2.html
I've seen those but with the powder coat I'll probably get the same push back as I'm getting now. Not original OEM. Tough crowd here. I took someone's advice and posted the car on BAT instead. Got an instant reply from the auction manager who said the car would be a great fit for what they do. So I'm also pulling the ad on RL per someone else's advice.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:29 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by groovzilla

Does your GTS have accident damage? Just curious because I know that can play much more of a role in a higher end Porsche or any higher end car for that matter - Previous accident damage doesn't seem to be much of an issue with run of the mill 991/997/996/993 models as long as the repairs were done professionally with excellent color match.
**Can also be the time of the year - You may find come spring which is right around the corner you will get more serious interest with buyers ready to go.
Good luck with it - Has a beautiful stance!
I actually started a thread about being rear ended almost a year ago. Rear bumper and the Sharkweks bypass pipes were replaced. No damage to any of the quarter panels or any other parts in the rear. The car was pushed into the car in front of me which resulted mostly in damage to the clear bra. One small scratch went into the paint ever so slightly though. They tried to buff it out but it was just a bit too deep so the front bumper was repaired and re sprayed and I got a new clear bra along with it. The end result was a repair job to absolute perfection. I even had a certified auto appraiser look at it and his opinion was that the repairs are "undetectable".

And as I have said here before, the appraiser pointed out that bumpers and exhaust parts are considered "bolt on parts" and are not part of the car's structure. Therefore, repaired or replaced bumpers and exhaust parts do not affect the value of the car as long as the repairs were done by a first rate shop.

Actually have a prospective buyer from the RL ad that seems somewhat promising. He knows about the bumpers and doesn't care. He's also excited about getting the best after market wheels on the market and $12,000 Porsche OEM GT2 seats thrown in for free. I've heard this before though but something about this guy sounds more legitimate than some of the others.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:32 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by linderpat
I'd pull the rennlist ad right away and get this to BaT (Bring a Trailer).

Great looking car - good luck with selling it
Great advice and already done. Thx.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:42 AM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

I would be very interested in how the BaT auction works out for you. What happens after the auction ends? What if the buyer doesn't like the car? How do you arrange the money/title exchange? Stuff like that. I'm thinking I'll do the same thing as soon as I get nice enough weather to take my car out of storage and have it detailed.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:49 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Balr14
I would be very interested in how the BaT auction works out for you. What happens after the auction ends? What if the buyer doesn't like the car? How do you arrange the money/title exchange? Stuff like that. I'm thinking I'll do the same thing as soon as I get nice enough weather to take my car out of storage and have it detailed.
Will definitely keep you and others who may be in similar positions posted if the car ends up selling that way. Those are great questions that I've asked myself already. One thing about BaT that I've noticed already is that they're very thorough about the listings they accept. In other words, I get the impression that if the car you're trying to sell doesn't meet certain standards/criteria they won't list it on their site. Lots of questions and requests for records and as I read their disclaimer it can take up to two weeks to get the car listing up and running. Serious operation for sure but all good as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:29 AM
Ohio Performance
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 188 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
. He's also excited about getting the best after market wheels on the market and $12,000 Porsche OEM GT2 seats thrown in for free. I've heard this before though but something about this guy sounds more legitimate than some of the others.
Your mods are exactly what I would want. Forgelines and GT 2 seats. Perfection.
2007 C4S F77 Aerokit / 2004 E46 M3 / 2018 M3 comp

Old 03-09-2019, 12:03 PM
C4SDayton
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Will definitely keep you and others who may be in similar positions posted if the car ends up selling that way. Those are great questions that I've asked myself already. One thing about BaT that I've noticed already is that they're very thorough about the listings they accept. In other words, I get the impression that if the car you're trying to sell doesn't meet certain standards/criteria they won't list it on their site. Lots of questions and requests for records and as I read their disclaimer it can take up to two weeks to get the car listing up and running. Serious operation for sure but all good as far as I'm concerned.
Great BAT sellers extra for their trouble. Explain the damage early in your comments and link to the thread you described because someone will if you don't anyway, and people are most impressed with people pointing out their own vehicle's minor flaws. A DME is a must. Underside pics a must. Paint meter readings will get you money. A good driving video is always a plus. It is worth some $ for a great detail and 200+ really good pictures. Should be fun to watch. We should have an over-under for the first "if it were only a manual" comment. A good strategy might be to wait until someone asks for a DME, underside pics, paint meter, etc, and have them added same day so you look like a great seller.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by C4SDayton
Great BAT sellers extra for their trouble. Explain the damage early in your comments and link to the thread you described because someone will if you don't anyway, and people are most impressed with people pointing out their own vehicle's minor flaws. A DME is a must. Underside pics a must. Paint meter readings will get you money. A good driving video is always a plus. It is worth some $ for a great detail and 200+ really good pictures. Should be fun to watch. We should have an over-under for the first "if it were only a manual" comment. A good strategy might be to wait until someone asks for a DME, underside pics, paint meter, etc, and have them added same day so you look like a great seller.
Why would you get a DME on a PDK car?
Old 03-09-2019, 12:57 PM
C4SDayton
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Balr14
Why would you get a DME on a PDK car?
You are correct that it's much more important on a manual car, so no one will bring it up. Some PDK sellers have posted their DME report, which isn't a major consideration anyway. A ton of hits at redline in a PDK car is still useful to know if purchasing.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ferrerid=46294
Old 03-09-2019, 01:08 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,136 Likes on 3,909 Posts

The overrev ranges between a 997.1 and 997.2 are different. A PDK car will log ovverevs in ranges 1 and 2 only, which are at the red line, and can't log anything higher. The only thing an overrev report is good for on a PDK car is to see how much time it has spent up around the red line, how many hours are on the motor, and what the average speed is, which gives you a way to validate that the DME hasn't been messed with.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:24 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,412 Likes on 2,687 Posts

Great advice and already done. Thx.
I sold my 996 C4S on BAT a few years ago - It was a nice example and did well at auction.
GLWS
Old 03-09-2019, 11:45 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Ohio Performance

Your mods are exactly what I would want. Forgelines and GT 2 seats. Perfection.
That's what I think too but obviously subjective. I've lost track of how many questions I've received along the lines of...."do you have the OEM wheels and OEM seats"? Why someone would want 10 lbs heavier OEM wheels with horrible looking offsets over my Forgelines with custom offsets that bring them flush with the fenders I'll never know but everyone have their reasons I guess. And the seats, I won't even go there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 997 GTS for sale