Sponsored by:

997 GTS for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 12:33 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts
Default 997 GTS for sale

Down to $59,900 now. Have had it with tire kickers, buyers with no money and buyers who bitch and moan about more than $20,000 worth of upgrades and want bone stock instead. Will revisit the trade option too since there are sales tax benefits in Florida going that route. Will talk to Carmax also. I'm told they pay pretty good money compared to the dealerships.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1125207
Old 03-08-2019, 12:55 AM
Dennis R. Cliff
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are your thoughts on selling on Bring A Trailer? You might check out their Porsche sales history. High end Porsches are selling off of that auction site all the time. Best of luck.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:18 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Dennis R. Cliff
What are your thoughts on selling on Bring A Trailer? You might check out their Porsche sales history. High end Porsches are selling off of that auction site all the time. Best of luck.
Thx. Never heard of it but will check it out.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:31 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

This is why I trade my cars into the dealer (or do a pass-through to a broker). Not worth the headache dealing with private party knuckleheads.

Mods are right. Price is fair. GLWS!
Old 03-08-2019, 01:35 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 443 Likes on 161 Posts

Cant believe that hasnt sold yet. Love your GTS.

And i would second trying on BAT. Thats become the new market maker.

When i toyed with selling mine i was pleasantly surprised by quality of buyers that came from craigslist.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:45 AM
rmstar
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
This is why I trade my cars into the dealer (or do a pass-through to a broker). Not worth the headache dealing with private party knuckleheads.

Agree, I used broker to trade in mine, save on tax and headache. And your price is perfect. This car is low mileage but cost $78000 USD which consider low in Canada. It won't last since spring is just around the corner.
https://www.autotrader.ca/ico/porsch...%201A7&sprx=-1
Old 03-08-2019, 01:57 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by WantA997

Thx. I've sold a lot of cars to private parties and it's always a hassle but this one tops them all by a country mile. For starters I've had three local guys now who set up appointments to come and look at the car. I rearranged my schedule and appointments with clients to accommodate all of them. None of the three showed up and none bothered to call or text to cancel. I could go on but it's boring reading and I suspect most already know that this is how many people operate these days.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:45 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by rmstar
Agree, I used broker to trade in mine, save on tax and headache. And your price is perfect. This car is low mileage but cost $78000 USD which consider low in Canada. It won't last since spring is just around the corner.
https://www.autotrader.ca/ico/porsche/911/west%20vancouver/british%20columbia/19_10558941_/?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=1_2_2&pc=V5A%201A7&sprx=-1
That white one with factory aero kit is exactly what I am looking for, but I am right in the middle of another property transaction. Hope it is still around in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the link!

Last edited by Doug H; 03-08-2019 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:56 AM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,253 Posts

I'd pull the rennlist ad right away and get this to BaT (Bring a Trailer). You'll be amazed at how well it does over there. You should easily clear your current ask. It is a great site to sell Porsches - they get strong money. Do a search of the models and look at the graphs for the auction results. That site has excellent tools for valuing a car. I definitely would not trade it or go the CarMax route - that is wholesale or worse (auction value). While this car has history with the accident, that is easily explained away, and so long as you are up front, it would not be a huge problem. The pdk may hurt a little too, but not that much.
Tips - make sure the car is spotless - black is the worst in this regard. While your photos look good, the front shot in the sunlight shows less than perfect. Get it to a professional and have it properly polished. Make sure carpets thoroughly vacuumed. Clean the backs of those carbon fiber seats real well. These simple little steps are worth thousands, but you'd be surprised at how many sellers do not get this over there. And more pictures - lots more pictures, including engine bay and underneath. Lots of sellers posting cold start videos now too.

Great looking car - good luck with selling it
Old 03-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Exactly what I am looking for, but I am right in the middle of another property transaction. Hope it is still around in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the link!
Thought you wanted a low mileage manual? Not that sandwedge's is high mileage, just higher mileage than what I thought you had said you were looking for to add and keep. Maybe you're looking for a "driver" now.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:01 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Thought you wanted a low mileage manual? Not that sandwedge's is high mileage, just higher mileage than what I thought you had said you were looking for to add and keep. Maybe you're looking for a "driver" now.
Talking about the white one with the factory aero kit in the link. Factory installed port seats and all. I only want one with factory aero and unique factory installed options. PDK is fine as well as wife does not drive a manual.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:10 AM
DaBigBR
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

A GTS just brought almost $100k on BaT. It was a paint to sample car with a really solid set of options, but I'm sure you'll clear $60k on this one.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:43 AM
Vince Vincent
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 60 Posts

Have you thought about returning most things to stock and parting out? lower the price to around 50k for a quick sell and sell of the parts for 8-15k profit?

More of a hassle but it please both ends and you get some spending money of the parts (which hold good value for Porsches).

just brainstorming here
Old 03-08-2019, 11:15 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
That white one with factory aero kit is exactly what I am looking for, but I am right in the middle of another property transaction. Hope it is still around in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the link!
The white GTS belongs to my friend. I can put you two in touch if you're interested (when you're ready).
Old 03-08-2019, 02:58 PM
Amiroo39
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rmstar
https://www.autotrader.ca/ico/porsch...%201A7&sprx=-1
oh man that GTS is the best looking car I've ever seen!!

Quick Reply: 997 GTS for sale