PSA - Avoid ClimaRepair like the PLAGUE - Page 5 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSA - Avoid ClimaRepair like the PLAGUE

Old 02-21-2019, 04:59 PM
dr bob
Chronic Tool Dropper
Lifetime Rennlist

Is anybody going to take advantage of Climarepair's offer?
Old 02-21-2019, 07:03 PM
cosm3os
User

Hells no.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:04 PM
Iceter
User

Again, no offer was made
Old 02-23-2019, 11:29 PM
dr bob
Chronic Tool Dropper
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Iceter View Post
Again, no offer was made
Ask Climarepair. I read their post as an offer. Climarepair seems to think it's redundant since he's offered replacements to dissatisfied customers already. If you aren't satisfied with what happened last time, please request the replacements and post your results here.

You guys are itching for some satisfaction, here's your chance. I didn't buy the switches and have no reference point. Folks here did and are warning others not to by way of this thread. I read that the vendor is offering replacements. Anybody? Buehler?
Old 02-24-2019, 01:54 AM
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member

It would be better to post this on the main thread.

For reference, let me give you an example of how his replacement/refund process works:
  • Waited 6 weeks for the "Version 1" to arrive after spending $20 for his "Expedited Shipping" scam
  • Product arrives with laughable quality. Spent the next 2 weeks getting a runaround after asking for a refund.
  • He finally offered to ship me his "upgraded Version 2" but required I ship back the Version 1 for "quality inspection, because I must have a faulty set as no other customers had complained". Sure...
  • The catch: he lives in Spain. Shipping was like $25, or 1/5 the purchase price. He knows this and just uses it as a tactic to blow people off.
  • Wait another 2-3 weeks for the "upgraded version 2" to arrive. It arrives and looks exactly the same as the version 1.
  • Spent the next 3 weeks getting more runaround. Reverted to publicly shaming him on RL and sharing his email replies for all to see his lies and nonsensical statements.
  • He finally offered a refund. The catch, I had to spend another $25 to ship the second version back to him - and he needed to have them arrive back in Spain before crediting the funds.
  • Waited another 2 weeks for shipping and to add insult I had to email him multiple times "reminding" him to issue my refund.
Conclusion: spent $50 on shipping, 3 months and 30+ emails to get refunded on a $150 product. Honestly its not worth it. I suspect most people are in the same boat.

Last edited by TheBruce; 02-24-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:45 PM
rap
User

Dr Bob you said there is nothing you can do to members who post. With all due respect, and I’m a relatively new member, surely that can’t be correct. In this pc age I find that difficult to understand. While this example is not apples to apples I’m sure you understand my analogy.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:40 PM
Ditchhanger
Addict
Rennlist Member

My experience practically mirrors the experience of TheBruce .

I bought the V1 units when they first came out and paid for expedited shipping. It took far longer than expected and when I did receive them, the horrible quality was appalling for the price. I tried to reach out for a refund, but they would not give it to me and offered another set, saying I had a bad set. Then, they wanted me to pay for shipping back to Spain. This is not how it works as far as customer service goes. The pictures were misleading and the customer service was awful. I ended up disputing the purchase with my credit card company and got my money back. I will gladly send back their V1 to them if they pay for shipping, but I will not ever pay for another set from them, even with a discount. I was never offered anything other than a replacement set, no 20% off or even free shipping to return them.

I understand that there are other customers of theirs that like the product, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm living with my repainted buttons, as they are in better shape than what I received from Climarepair. Maybe the "revolution" ones are better quality, but their track record has soured my experience with them completely.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:02 AM
dr bob
Chronic Tool Dropper
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by rap View Post
Dr Bob you said there is nothing you can do to members who post. With all due respect, and Iím a relatively new member, surely that canít be correct. In this pc age I find that difficult to understand. While this example is not apples to apples Iím sure you understand my analogy.
you lost me on this. There's plenty that can be done about members that post. In this case, members want to share with others that they had a bad experience with a particular vendor. Vendor states that the thread is not representative of all the satisfied customers. Members want vendor banned. I asked the vendor to reply, and he stated that all is fine now, with the new version much better, and that our members' issues are a minority vendor states that they have offered new version replacements for some. I suggested that dissatisfied members ask for those eeplacmenrs and share their results in this thread, good or bad. Ditto folks buying them. Product quality and vendor response are the issues it seems. Customer service for members has been poor. Vendor says it's all fixed. We need current member experiences to build a case one way or the other. Help by posting current experiences good or bad. Please.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:20 AM
rap
User

Dr Bob on your 2/17 quote you said there was no specific way to ban a user from a particular forum. This is what I alluded to. Is this correct?
Old 02-28-2019, 02:22 PM
Iceter
User

Originally Posted by dr bob View Post
Ask Climarepair. I read their post as an offer. Climarepair seems to think it's redundant since he's offered replacements to dissatisfied customers already.
I'm not trying to be argumentative but you're reading too much in to his responses. He has made no blanket offer to dissatisfied customers. He has only said that he has replaced switches in the past for a few people.

For someone whose primary language is not English, he has a pretty decent ability to obfuscate and parse words.

I think if you take the time to read through all of the previous threads about this product, you will see not only an unwillingness to address complaints, but an almost irrational focus on making sales at any cost.

Accepting orders without having product available, giving clients the runaround, not supporting his product...his behaviors are so dishonest that they're predictable. I asked in the very first response to the OP in this thread if he had provided the OP with bogus tracking information to delay him. And in fact, he did.

This is a bad actor.

Last edited by Iceter; 02-28-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:13 PM
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm not trying to be argumentative but you're reading too much in to his responses. He has made no blanket offer to dissatisfied customers. He has only said that he has replaced switches in the past for a few people.

For someone whose primary language is not English, he has a pretty decent ability to obfuscate and parse words.

I think if you take the time to read through all of the previous threads about this product, you will see not only an unwillingness to address complaints, but an almost irrational focus on making sales at any cost.

Accepting orders without having product available, giving clients the runaround, not supporting his product...his behaviors are so dishonest that they're predictable. I asked in the very first response to the OP in this thread if he had provided the OP with bogus tracking information to delay him. And in fact, he did.

This is a bad actor.
Exactly what he said ^

DrBob this guy just needs to go. We have still heard nothing from the mysterious rfloydman as well.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:00 PM
Rengoku
User

I had posted my story previously in the larger thread about Climarepair. The full story can be found below for those interested:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post14349190

Basically they offered to replace my V1 Switches with V2. But wanted another $30 for shipping. Sorry, but when I hear free replacement, I expect free shipping too. Regardless, the $30 for shipping was misleading because at the time, they were advertising $5.99 worldwide flat rate shipping on their site. $5.99 for shipping I could live with, but not $30. I ended up just DIY-ing the switches to save the potential headache with dealing with the quality of the V2 switches and their customer service.

Having now seen the quality of their V2 switches, I'm glad I didn't take them up on their offer and waste another $30.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:22 PM
rap
User

So climarepair follows a back and forth con game with all the wiser but no end in sight. While not advocating zero tolerance certainly certain behaviors should not be tolerated. Perhaps complaints to the Attorney Generals Office of Consumer complaints for those affected would produce some satisfaction. This is after all happening across state lines, using emails and methods of payment that are essentially transfers of monetary payment.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:30 PM
DesmoSD
User

Aside from Climarepair's horrible product and horrible customer service, the bigger problem is that Climarepair's link and DIY videos are the first to come up when doing a search 997 fan switches. So for someone who's not on RL and not aware of his products, they'll get lured into his scam and the cycle will continue.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:46 PM
dr bob
Chronic Tool Dropper
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by rap View Post
Dr Bob on your 2/17 quote you said there was no specific way to ban a user from a particular forum. This is what I alluded to. Is this correct?
We can in fact ban specific users from specific forums. Banning a vendor from a specific forum, especially when they are selling a product specific to the model in that forum, has pretty much the same effect as a total ban.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: