PSA - Avoid ClimaRepair like the PLAGUE - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSA - Avoid ClimaRepair like the PLAGUE

Old 02-18-2019, 04:36 PM
jamesinger
User

Originally Posted by groovzilla View Post
With all the drama it might be easier to sell the car then buy another 997 with flawless buttons
I have actually almost just bought the newer HVAC on eBay. Not exactly a whole new car but I think once I am done, I will have spent enough time + money to warrant a new HVAC all together. :-/
Old 02-18-2019, 05:35 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jamesinger View Post
I have actually almost just bought the newer HVAC on eBay. Not exactly a whole new car but I think once I am done, I will have spent enough time + money to warrant a new HVAC all together. :-/
if you mean the newer hvac from a 997.2 something doesn’t work right. If I recall the ac doesn’t turn on or something similar. The 2009 turbo will work but they are hard to find.

If you mean mean the new switches in 07/08 cars that’s what I did. Just swapped them over. They moved to hard non coated plastic in later years. Can also swap in cayman ones.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:48 PM
Climarepair.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dr bob View Post
Dear Climarepair:

There are quite obviously Rennlist members here who feel that the product that they received is unacceptable. Since you've felt the need to update the product to the stated "Revolution" level, it seems you agree with those members. Per your post above, these are but a tiny fraction of the total number of customers you've shipped them to. As a good faith gesture, kindly send those dissatisfied Rennlist members the new Revolution replacements. It's only a few sets, and the goodwill generated and shared here will help heal the wounds you've inflicted.

What say?

Helo dr bob, This has already been discussed several times in the forum, please read the following quote, as I can't repeat the same message over and over again:

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com View Post
This comment from user Zach L is a good summary:

Link: https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...l#post15553292

So, we offer a 20% discount to all former customers who bought previous versions of our replacement buttons. As we already explained several times, since we are the most affordable option on the market our profit is very little, so offering a 20% off is best we can really do. If we charged $200 like others, we could possibly offer a 40% off, but thats not the case.
In order to get that discount, all you have to do is send us an email (or a private message thru Rennlist) indicating name, account email, and former order number before placing your new order. We will provide a one-use discount code that you will be able to use on your next order.

Thanks again to the Porsche community.

Sincerely,
John

In addition to the above, we HAVE OFFERED several times updated versions for free to former customers. A few weeks ago we offered revolution switches too to former customers who asked so (even though we offered and/or sent previous improved versions already: That means customers who bought V1 received afterwards V2, V3, etc. Every time we release a new version we offer it to former customers that were not satisfied. If they were satisfied then we offer the 20% off rebate.
Forum member Petza is one of the former members who ACCEPTED to receive a free set of new Resolution switches, but TheBruce, Cosm3os and a few other they don't want a free set (although we offered them already!) they just want to have something to talk about (complaint about Climarepair).

So as you can see 90% of all this is not fair/real, is just haters hating. Hey, nothing wrong about it, we know how to deal with it.

Best regards

Check out our replacement buttons for PORSCHE
Check out our wheel hub caps for PORSCHE

www.climarepair.com
Old 02-18-2019, 06:31 PM
groovzilla
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kellen View Post

Get that car out of the garage, it’s a C4S!!! In Chelan now with mine.

To to keep it on track I agree with Dr. Bob.
I know I know - wish it wasn't blocked in garage - Nice day today.
I'll be finished w/Airstream 3/2 for Musselfest in Coupeville
Then I will be available to drive - Looking forward to it~!
Old 02-18-2019, 09:10 PM
linderpat
Addict
Rennlist Member

Helo dr bob, This has already been discussed several times in the forum, please read the following quote, as I can't repeat the same message over and over again:

In addition to the above, we HAVE OFFERED several times updated versions for free to former customers. A few weeks ago we offered revolution switches too to former customers who asked so (even though we offered and/or sent previous improved versions already: That means customers who bought V1 received afterwards V2, V3, etc. Every time we release a new version we offer it to former customers that were not satisfied. If they were satisfied then we offer the 20% off rebate.
Forum member Petza is one of the former members who ACCEPTED to receive a free set of new Resolution switches, but TheBruce, Cosm3os and a few other they don't want a free set (although we offered them already!) they just want to have something to talk about (complaint about Climarepair).

So as you can see 90% of all this is not fair/real, is just haters hating. Hey, nothing wrong about it, we know how to deal with it.

Best regards
So what is it? Unhappy customers get 20% off or a free upgraded replacement set? This is hardly clear here or in your other thread. This is the problem as I see it. You also say that happy customers get 20% off the next version. If they are happy, why would they want a new version? As I read this stuff, none of it makes any sense. YMMV
Old 02-19-2019, 01:12 AM
dr bob
Chronic Tool Dropper
Lifetime Rennlist

Best regards
Ok, naysayers -- Here's your chance to offer Climarepair some redemption. Let them know that you want the replacements, and report back the results of that request. Delivery time, correspondence, responsiveness, and product quality all need to be reported. If Climarepair comes through on time with a good product, share it here. If they don't, share that here too.

Others thinking about ordering these pieces are invited to do the same. Good results or poor, all need to be reported to get a valid outcome.

Climarepair, I reserve the right to edit out any "excuses" you post here regarding why you can't meet your promises. No Excuses. If you find a need to "go on holiday for a few weeks", make an arrangement for handling orders while you are away. Don't charge buyer accounts until you ship, so that buyers aren't stuck with bankrolling any delay. State clear shipping dates when orders are placed, and meet those dates. If you need a few weeks for production, state that up front so nobody is disappointed. Just do what you say you'll do, that's all we ask.

Our Rennlist community has been built over decades now to help fellow members. Good vendor relationships are encouraged, in the spirit of members looking out for each other here good or bad. If you can't meet that easy standard, be prepared for members alerting other members about it. Being a vendor/sponsor member doesn't relieve the basic forum requirements of helping others here; in fact, it raises the standard.

-------

I'm going to stick this thread for a while. I'll un-stick after 30 days of no activity.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:44 AM
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member

@Dr Bob - on behalf of the 997 forum I sincerely thank you!

@Climarepair - I take no pleasure in calling you out or harming your business. However you've screwed over members of this community for 2 years. Selling a junk product and offering horrible customer service will always catch up to you.

Now its time to go for a drive and get my zen back.

Last edited by TheBruce; 02-19-2019 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:48 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TheBruce View Post
@Dr Bob - on behalf of the 997 forum I sincerely thank you!

@Climarepair - I take no pleasure in calling you out or harming your business. However you've screwed over members of this community for 2 years. Selling a junk product and offering horrible customer service will always catch up to you.

Now its time to go for a drive and get my zen back.
Nice work helping to weed out unscrupulous vendors like this!

Methinks that I'm going to head out ~ mid-day today for some mental health therapy; let me know if you want to join...

PS You never lost your mojo!
Old 02-19-2019, 12:21 PM
dr bob
Chronic Tool Dropper
Lifetime Rennlist

Let's leave the remainder of this thread to customer and vendor reports of their experiences going forward. For those who feel the need to replace prior-purchased Climarepair covers with their latest, please take advantage of their offer. For sure, please report your experiences here, good or bad.

For those playing along and wondering: I do not own a 997, have never dealt with this vendor, and have absolutely no direct skin in the game. I do want to see a good outcome for all, in the RL spirit of members helping members.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:08 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Let's leave the remainder of this thread to customer and vendor reports of their experiences going forward. For those who feel the need to replace prior-purchased Climarepair covers with their latest, please take advantage of their offer. For sure, please report your experiences here, good or bad.
Apologies and will do.

For those playing along and wondering: I do not own a 997, have never dealt with this vendor, and have absolutely no direct skin in the game. I do want to see a good outcome for all, in the RL spirit of members helping members.
One question @dr bob: playing devil's advocate, why would individuals that have had a poor experience with this vendor want a replacement set of switches from this vendor IF they've already replaced their switches with another vendor's quality products (i.e., MAcarbon)?

Wouldn't a full refund for the cost of the poor quality product that they purchased be equitable in this instance (and another manner in which this vendor to redeem themselves?)

Thanks so much for taking action (highly commendable!) and in this instance, humoring me...

Last edited by david; 02-21-2019 at 07:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-19-2019, 06:50 PM
Iceter
User

Originally Posted by Iceter View Post
What was the name on the order? Did he ship your order to the wrong place or did he give you someone else’s tracking information in an attempt to delay you even further?
BOOM. Nailed it in the first response. He DID send the OP the wrong tracking information...by "mistake", of course.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:06 PM
Iceter
User

Ok, naysayers -- Here's your chance to offer Climarepair some redemption. Let them know that you want the replacements, and report back the results of that request. Delivery time, correspondence, responsiveness, and product quality all need to be reported. If Climarepair comes through on time with a good product, share it here. If they don't, share that here too.
What offer? He has made no offer to the group. He’s only said that he has done something unspecific in the past and said that he doesn’t want to repeat himself so he won’t elaborate. Just believe it, he’s done all he can.

As as far as I can tell from reading through the other threads on the subject, he’s accommodated a select few members and then cherry-picked their less-than-complimentary responses to generate quotations to claim that he’s a stand up guy and his product is great.

Now there’s a thread that popped up out of the mists of the past and a member named rfloydman, who has been a member since 2015 but never posted once, decided to use his first post in 4 years to mention Climarepair’s buttons with a really nice pic. My BS meter is pegged. Where’s the popcorn emoji?
Old 02-19-2019, 08:36 PM
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member

Iceter wow, that is bananas! That would be sleazy...even by the standards of Climarepair.

DrBob can you and the mods please confirm this new member "rfloydman" is in fact a 997 owner. I think the odds this is actually "John Cobra" from Climarepair are pretty high:

1. the timing is miraculous.
2. his first post on RL is promoting Climarepair. I've never seen any other member's first post be a product promo.
3. he uses the standard marketing language John Cobra is known for.
4. lastly, Climarepair is famous for using those blurry photos. I think ive seen that same exact same photo from them before.

If you cant confirm this user is who they say they are, I would ask you to permanently ban Climarepair from Rennlist and put a sticky on the 987, and 997 GT2/GT3 and Turbo forums as well.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:41 PM
jamesinger
User

Originally Posted by kellen View Post

if you mean the newer hvac from a 997.2 something doesn’t work right. If I recall the ac doesn’t turn on or something similar. The 2009 turbo will work but they are hard to find.

If you mean mean the new switches in 07/08 cars that’s what I did. Just swapped them over. They moved to hard non coated plastic in later years. Can also swap in cayman ones.
thank you for the info. that is super helpful.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:38 PM
dr bob
Chronic Tool Dropper
Lifetime Rennlist

Gang:

IB gets to make the call on banning vendors. Mission here is to offer Climarepair a redemption path. If it goes south, IB will make the final call based on recommendations and results including those displayed here.

I can not confirm what model if any that member rfloydman owns. Porsche ownership is not a membership qualification. Look at his user profile and signature for clues. And FWIW, posting something unpopular-at-the-moment isn't in itself a hanging offense. Good thing or many of us would have extra-long necks by now.

If you bought parts from Climarepair and the quality is unacceptable, plead your case with them and share the discussion here. If they fail to satisfy, say so. If you bought a product months or years ago and only now feel the need to complain about quality, your case weakens. If you've had a running discussion with the vendor about replacement or refund, summarize it and share it here. Keep It Civil.

If you are still in a running discussion, Climarepairs obligation may be limited to replacing the parts with something acceptable. I can't make that call, at least the part about what constitutes 'acceptable'. State your situation here and let's see the response. Keep it concise, and above all Keep It Civil. Please no potshotting or "me too!", and post only your own experiences.

I read the vendor response in post 48 as an offer to replace unacceptable parts. Climarepair, if this is a bad assumption please state what you are actually offering and to whom. Some guidance on the actions necessary to take advantage of that offer would also help. Please post that response to this thread.

----

Members: We need to edit the thread title. I invite the OP ericmwalsh to take a crack at something that's more in tune with the revised theme. What I come up with may be too tame and PC for some, but it can't be so one-sided at least at this point. I'm sort of taking over and redirecting your thread if that's OK. Or I can cherry-pick posts and repsonse from here and build a new more focused thread and leave your intact. Again, I don't have direct skin in the issue -- Just trying to help.

----

and once again...

Please keep posts to this thread on message, so it is limited to direct experiences with this vendor going forward. As interesting as it is see details about other fixit options, this thread needs to stay focused on getting things straight up with this vendor.

Thanks!

Bob

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: