PSA - Avoid ClimaRepair like the PLAGUE - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSA - Avoid ClimaRepair like the PLAGUE

Old 02-16-2019, 02:29 PM
dr bob
Chronic Tool Dropper
Lifetime Rennlist

Mods are monitoring the situation, but we have the same voices that members have when it comes to sponsors. Post your own actual experience. Not hearsay, not opinions built on hearsay.

Rennlist has been built on the idea of members helping members. This help comes in many forms including vendor recommendations positive and negative. Shared experience and knowledge are key.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:43 PM
groovzilla
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheBruce View Post
@Presto - I have no idea. I think we need to start a thread asking the mods to ban him, maybe that will get their attention.

@cosmo3os - ditto.

Sorry for starting a flame war guys but he has been pulling this crap for 2 years. It bums me out every time I see another guy get screwed over. He needs to go.
...And I never meant to mis-inform anyone regarding what I thought was a Vendor who finally woke up and took care of his customers as I thought he had.
It's so simple to take care of problem issues if you refrain from being an A-hole.
As a 35 year Landlord, I put fires out ASAP - Always best to take a little heat and suck up to remedy a problem and not let it spread like a disease.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:31 PM
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dr bob View Post
Mods are monitoring the situation, but we have the same voices that members have when it comes to sponsors. Post your own actual experience. Not hearsay, not opinions built on hearsay.

Rennlist has been built on the idea of members helping members. This help comes in many forms including vendor recommendations positive and negative. Shared experience and knowledge are key.
Dr Bob - everything I post is from first hand experience. It took me 3+ months and over 30 emails to finally get a refund from this guy. It ranks as the worst product I've ever purchased and worst customer experience I've ever had - and I lived in China for 10 years.

You will also see 600+ posts on the main thread about him. 9 out of 10 of them are customer complaints. Unfortunately he's figured out that bad press can sometimes generate good SEO.

If you are a moderator, I would ask you to act.

1. If you cant remove his sponsorship, then I would ask you to ban him from posting in the 997 forum.
2. If you cant ban him I would ask you to put this as a sticky post.

Thank you.

Last edited by TheBruce; 02-16-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:56 AM
dr bob
Chronic Tool Dropper
Lifetime Rennlist

I'll keep an eye on the situation. There's no good way to "ban" a specific user from a particular forum, seems unfortunate sometimes.

In the meanwhile, folks are welcome to post their first-hand experiences good and bad with this vendor. IB is aware of the situation.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:19 AM
jkw911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groovzilla View Post
...And I never meant to mis-inform anyone regarding what I thought was a Vendor who finally woke up and took care of his customers as I thought he had.
It's so simple to take care of problem issues if you refrain from being an A-hole.
As a 35 year Landlord, I put fires out ASAP - Always best to take a little heat and suck up to remedy a problem and not let it spread like a disease.
Bingo!
Or as I say problems unlike wine - do not get better with time.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:34 PM
Climarepair.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hello Eric, I just came back from a holiday trip and had the chance to find out whats going on with your order. As I suspected, we just sent you the wrong tracking number for some reason. Your tracking number is LX402126441ES

Sorry for that.

Best regards

Check out our replacement buttons for PORSCHE
Check out our wheel hub caps for PORSCHE

www.climarepair.com
Old 02-17-2019, 05:36 PM
Climarepair.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Edit: I just tracked your order (with your correct tracking number) and it says it was DELIVERED to FULLERTON, CA on Feb 13th. Eric, whats going on? You received your order, I have digital confirmation:

This is gettin... interesting.

www.climarepair.com
Old 02-17-2019, 05:52 PM
Climarepair.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Heres a post from 2/10/2019:
I will give credit to Climarepair for these new Revolution switches. I recieved mine on Wednesday.
The part is clearly injection molded, and not 3D printed, which is nice.
The finish is OEM equivalent or better. Actually perfect. It's a smoother finish than the Sport, PASM, PSM, PSE etc. switches on the lower console below the HVAC control, but not quite as smooth as the buttons on the factory PCM(Yes, there is a difference. I had never noticed this difference between the two finishes of the factory buttons/ switches before, but I'd never before inspected them with a magnifying glass and a high output light source either). The Temp font/ kerning and Fan icon are very clean, crisp, and well placed.
The fit is well engineered. No gaps or funny fitment issues. They snapped into place and look factory or better.
They are slicker to the touch than original, but I was expecting that as it's not a rubberized finish.
I can't comment on durability because I just installed them.
So, as it stands, I'm satisfied.

***If this isn't the case and "Clima" is an A-hole I apologize - From the recent positive posts I figured Clima turned their game around.

Hello Groovzilla, just FYI:

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com View Post
Edit: I just tracked your order (with your correct tracking number) and it says it was DELIVERED to FULLERTON, CA on Feb 13th. Eric, whats going on? You received your order, I have digital confirmation:

This is gettin... interesting.
Obviously we send the orders to our customers... we just sent him the wrong tracking number by mistake. Is an error and we apologize for that, but is far to be called scammers!

www.climarepair.com
Old 02-17-2019, 07:53 PM
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member

Obviously we send the orders to our customers... we just sent him the wrong tracking number by mistake. Is an error and we apologize for that, but is far to be called scammers!
You've been making "mistakes" for 2 years. You've burned all credibility with this community. Please take your business somewhere else and STOP posting on this forum.

Hello Eric, I just came back from a holiday trip and had the chance to find out whats going on with your order. As I suspected, we just sent you the wrong tracking number for some reason.
Thank you for proving my point. Your excuses are so formulaic its a joke...

Originally Posted by TheBruce View Post
His email typically goes something like this...

"Im sorry for taking 10 days to reply. I was [insert excuse: sick, on vacation, email servers were down].

Last edited by TheBruce; 02-17-2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:52 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Macarbon or buy them from a 2008 where it’s molded, non-coated plastic and won’t peel.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:20 PM
groovzilla
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kellen View Post
Macarbon or buy them from a 2008 where it’s molded, non-coated plastic and won’t peel.
With all the drama it might be easier to sell the car then buy another 997 with flawless buttons
Old 02-18-2019, 12:59 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

With all the drama it might be easier to sell the car then buy another 997 with flawless buttons
Sell 997.1, buy 997.2. It’s what I did!
Old 02-18-2019, 01:31 PM
dr bob
Chronic Tool Dropper
Lifetime Rennlist

Dear Climarepair:

There are quite obviously Rennlist members here who feel that the product that they received is unacceptable. Since you've felt the need to update the product to the stated "Revolution" level, it seems you agree with those members. Per your post above, these are but a tiny fraction of the total number of customers you've shipped them to. As a good faith gesture, kindly send those dissatisfied Rennlist members the new Revolution replacements. It's only a few sets, and the goodwill generated and shared here will help heal the wounds you've inflicted.

What say?
Old 02-18-2019, 01:53 PM
groovzilla
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kellen View Post

Sell 997.1, buy 997.2. It’s what I did!
Look forward to comparing switch ***** when we meet - Like I said in previous post the switches in my 997S and current 997C4S and like brand new
Not sure why they stayed nice and perfect but I know they cat bet rough looking
Old 02-18-2019, 03:53 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Look forward to comparing switch ***** when we meet - Like I said in previous post the switches in my 997S and current 997C4S and like brand new
Not sure why they stayed nice and perfect but I know they cat bet rough looking
Get that car out of the garage, it’s a C4S!!! In Chelan now with mine.

To to keep it on track I agree with Dr. Bob.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: