PSA - Avoid ClimaRepair like the PLAGUE - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSA - Avoid ClimaRepair like the PLAGUE

 
Old 02-15-2019, 03:01 PM
  #16  
BaileyII
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
BaileyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Fuquay Varina NC
Posts: 381
Default

Ericmwalsh if you can still read the temp & see the fan symbol consider trying a black magic marker. I was coached by someone on this forum and the fan switches look great. I also am one of the forum members who bought from John however my three minutes w/ a black marker looks considerably better than the ones that I paid for. Good luck with what ever direction you go.
BaileyII is online now  
Old 02-15-2019, 03:16 PM
  #17  
DesmoSD
User
 
DesmoSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 875
Default

OP, how and why did you end up going with CR? There is a long thread about his products and they are not positive. You're in CA, why didn't you with MA Carbon. They are up in the Bay Area and you would have received your switches within a couple days.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-a-fix-40.html
DesmoSD is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 03:17 PM
  #18  
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TheBruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,141
Default

***If this isn't the case and "Clima" is an A-hole I apologize - From the recent positive posts I figured Clima turned their game around.
groovzilla He's an A-hole...but no need to apologize :-)

I've started 3 companies so I applaud any entrepreneur. I originally tried to defend him as I know how hard it is. I would never wish harm on anyone who is legitimately trying their best. But this A-hole is not.

He's been given 2 years and likely hundreds of thousands to rip off forum members with all his "new" versions. Then when your product doesn't arrive or you want the refund he claims he will give, he gives you a professional-grade run around over email which is 100% designed to make you give up and write off your $150. Even if his latest version is - finally - not a complete piece of crap he is an incompetent and unethical business owner.

I'm sorry, ive had enough of this A-hole. He needs to finally be banned from this forum.

Last edited by TheBruce; 02-15-2019 at 04:13 PM.
TheBruce is online now  
Old 02-15-2019, 03:27 PM
  #19  
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TheBruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,141
Default

Originally Posted by DesmoSD View Post
OP, how and why did you end up going with CR? There is a long thread about his products and they are not positive. You're in CA, why didn't you with MA Carbon. They are up in the Bay Area and you would have received your switches within a couple days.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-a-fix-40.html
DesmoSD - he's got the SEO down so he's the first link when you type "Porsche 997 ac switch replacement". He's also been able to procure some fake 5 star google reviews, so he looks legit. I need to have one of my web guys figure out how he got those reviews - because I cant see where actual customers can leave a review. If they were able to...he obviously wouldnt have a 5 star review.
TheBruce is online now  
Old 02-15-2019, 03:33 PM
  #20  
Arctic997
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Arctic997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by groovzilla View Post
Heres a post from 2/10/2019:
I will give credit to Climarepair for these new Revolution switches. I recieved mine on Wednesday.
The part is clearly injection molded, and not 3D printed, which is nice.
The finish is OEM equivalent or better. Actually perfect. It's a smoother finish than the Sport, PASM, PSM, PSE etc. switches on the lower console below the HVAC control, but not quite as smooth as the buttons on the factory PCM(Yes, there is a difference. I had never noticed this difference between the two finishes of the factory buttons/ switches before, but I'd never before inspected them with a magnifying glass and a high output light source either). The Temp font/ kerning and Fan icon are very clean, crisp, and well placed.
The fit is well engineered. No gaps or funny fitment issues. They snapped into place and look factory or better.
They are slicker to the touch than original, but I was expecting that as it's not a rubberized finish.
I can't comment on durability because I just installed them.
So, as it stands, I'm satisfied.


***If this isn't the case and "Clima" is an A-hole I apologize - From the recent positive posts I figured Clima turned their game around.
I'm the guy quoted above. I had the exact same experience as EricMWalsh. I ordered mine on Jan 1st versus his on the 9th. Multiple email exchanges with John Cobra. Sat "awaiting fulfillment" a week past the initially quoted ship date of Jan 15th. Difficulty in getting the supplied tracking links to work, or be translated to English. Many days and nights feeling I was possibly being scammed, but, I fought off the urge to open a PayPal dispute.

My switches ended up arriving on Feb 6th and they are as good as described. Durability will have to be a wait and see.

I'm not trying to make enemies on the forum, and I'm not affiliated with Climarepair. Yes the transaction was troubling at times. However, I gave him a lot of slack because I understand there are likely cultural differences with regards to customer service and customer expectations.

As it stands my Climarepair switches are aesthetically and mechanically as good, or better, than OEM. The finish durability is unknown, but it can't be worse than OEM.

I should also mention that I wasted many, many hours attempting to refinish my original switches. At least 10-12 hours. Multiple types of paint, primers, techniques. Baking the finishes. Nothing worked well. Nearly defeated, and just when I was about to give up on refinishing and order the MACarbons, I gave it one more shot, and I broke one of the arms on the original Temp switch, eliminating an exchange with MACarbon as an option.

Despite the hand wringing I experienced with the transaction, I am still satisfied overall. Very satisfied so far with the product. John did follow through, and was reasonably responsive to emails. Usually replied in less than a day. If you do order the Revolution switches, I'd advise patience. It paid off for me.

Last edited by Arctic997; 02-15-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Arctic997 is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 03:46 PM
  #21  
DesmoSD
User
 
DesmoSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 875
Default

Originally Posted by TheBruce View Post
DesmoSD - he's got the SEO down so he's the first link when you type "Porsche 997 ac switch replacement". He's also been able to procure some fake 5 star google reviews, so he looks legit. I need to have one of my web guys figure out how he got those reviews - because I cant see where actual customers can leave a review. If they were able to...he obviously wouldnt have a 5 star review.
I just checked and yeah that's very unfortunate. He's got it on lockdown and still continuing to cheat customers yet if you search climarepair reviews, the truth will be told.

Last edited by DesmoSD; 02-15-2019 at 04:04 PM.
DesmoSD is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:02 PM
  #22  
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TheBruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,141
Default

Is he still doing the $20 "expedited shipping" scam? If so, that one was classic. After you wait 6 weeks for a product that is supposed to arrive via expedited shipping in something like 5 days, he comically explains the fine print. His email typically goes something like this...

"Im sorry for taking 10 days to reply. I was [insert excuse: sick, on vacation, email servers were down]. Im also sorry you are confused with how online ordering works. As you should know, 'expedited shipping' has nothing to do with 'order fulfillment'. Unfortunately due to [insert excuse: high demand, el Nino weather patterns, etc] I can not tell you when your order will be fulfilled at this time. However, once it is your order will get shipped really, really fast."

I would read his emails to my wife and just laugh. Oh the memories...
TheBruce is online now  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:04 PM
  #23  
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TheBruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,141
Default

I just checked and yeah that's very unfortunate. He's got it on lockdown and still continuing to cheat customers yet if you search climarepair reviews, the truth will be told.
Is that legal under Google terms of service? Is there a way to report him.
TheBruce is online now  
Old 02-15-2019, 06:00 PM
  #24  
Greyghost230
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Greyghost230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 105
Default

@ericwalsh Eric, I have laser cut some TEMP and FAN symbols exactly for this purpose. I did post way back asking for anyone to send me their old switches so I could try out a method of painting these. It can't be rocket science, and $150USD is a rip off. PM me your address and I will mail you a set of my laser stickers and my proposed method of how this should be refinished. All I ask is that you share how it turns out.
Greyghost230 is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 08:03 PM
  #25  
Climarepair.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Climarepair.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 385
Default

Originally Posted by Arctic997 View Post
I'm the guy quoted above. I had the exact same experience as EricMWalsh. I ordered mine on Jan 1st versus his on the 9th. Multiple email exchanges with John Cobra. Sat "awaiting fulfillment" a week past the initially quoted ship date of Jan 15th. Difficulty in getting the supplied tracking links to work, or be translated to English. Many days and nights feeling I was possibly being scammed, but, I fought off the urge to open a PayPal dispute.

My switches ended up arriving on Feb 6th and they are as good as described. Durability will have to be a wait and see.

I'm not trying to make enemies on the forum, and I'm not affiliated with Climarepair. Yes the transaction was troubling at times. However, I gave him a lot of slack because I understand there are likely cultural differences with regards to customer service and customer expectations.

As it stands my Climarepair switches are aesthetically and mechanically as good, or better, than OEM. The finish durability is unknown, but it can't be worse than OEM.

I should also mention that I wasted many, many hours attempting to refinish my original switches. At least 10-12 hours. Multiple types of paint, primers, techniques. Baking the finishes. Nothing worked well. Nearly defeated, and just when I was about to give up on refinishing and order the MACarbons, I gave it one more shot, and I broke one of the arms on the original Temp switch, eliminating an exchange with MACarbon as an option.

Despite the hand wringing I experienced with the transaction, I am still satisfied overall. Very satisfied so far with the product. John did follow through, and was reasonably responsive to emails. Usually replied in less than a day. If you do order the Revolution switches, I'd advise patience. It paid off for me.
This is the only legit comment in this thread.

Funny to to read things like “SEO investments and so” (we never, ever paid for SEO or google ads, we only pay for sponsorship on rennist).

Climarepair revolution ROCKS, there is not a single customer who dislikes or returned the product so far (and we sold hundreds in just 1 month).

Haters are gonna hate. TheBruce and a few other members are ALWAYS giving repeatedly, constantly negative feedback from a discontinued, old product (climarepair v1 and V2). They do not know, nor they have seen or touched Climarepair Revolution, so their opinions based on product quality really doesn’t matter at all. Sorry to say, but it is true.

And to Eric: please send me a private message with your order number so I can try to find out what’s going on with your order. According to my records all shipped orders have been delivered so far, non of them were returned to sender.

best regards
Climarepair.com is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 08:34 PM
  #26  
ericmwalsh
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com View Post


This is the only legit comment in this thread.

Funny to to read things like “SEO investments and so” (we never, ever paid for SEO or google ads, we only pay for sponsorship on rennist).

Climarepair revolution ROCKS, there is not a single customer who dislikes or returned the product so far (and we sold hundreds in just 1 month).

Haters are gonna hate. TheBruce and a few other members are ALWAYS giving repeatedly, constantly negative feedback from a discontinued, old product (climarepair v1 and V2). They do not know, nor they have seen or touched Climarepair Revolution, so their opinions based on product quality really doesn’t matter at all. Sorry to say, but it is true.

And to Eric: please send me a private message with your order number so I can try to find out what’s going on with your order. According to my records all shipped orders have been delivered so far, non of them were returned to sender.

best regards
I'm going to pass on your offer and wait for my refund via PayPal. Per your emails I should have received the package in 4 days, I checked up on the tracking number every day for 2 weeks just to see that it arrived in a completely different state. I am convinced that if I did not use PayPal that I may have been out the money I originally paid you. No thanks, I'll take my business elsewhere!
ericmwalsh is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 08:41 PM
  #27  
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TheBruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,141
Default

This is the only legit comment in this thread.

Funny to to read things like “SEO investments and so” (we never, ever paid for SEO or google ads, we only pay for sponsorship on rennist).

Climarepair revolution ROCKS, there is not a single customer who dislikes or returned the product so far (and we sold hundreds in just 1 month).

Haters are gonna hate. TheBruce and a few other members are ALWAYS giving repeatedly, constantly negative feedback from a discontinued, old product (climarepair v1 and V2). They do not know, nor they have seen or touched Climarepair Revolution, so their opinions based on product quality really doesn’t matter at all. Sorry to say, but it is true.

And to Eric: please send me a private message with your order number so I can try to find out what’s going on with your order. According to my records all shipped orders have been delivered so far, non of them were returned to sender.

best regards
Yup, and like clockwork there you are with the same lines of crap: ive sold hundreds...only a small handful of haters...the new ones are better, I promise this time...send me an email and I will get your order sorted right out, I promise...oh I can't imagine how that could have happened .

Dude, your customer service and quality issues are not isolated bugs, they are a feature of your business model. Ive seen the same crap from you for over 2 years. Enough. Even if your product is - finally - not a complete piece of ****, you scammed hundreds of people on this forum, wasted people's time and burned all credibility.

Lets play a game: if you feel so strongly that only a few haters have issue with your company, why don't you start a new thread with a poll asking members about their experience with your company. If 70% or more of the respondents say they had a terrible experience with your company, I would ask you to stop posting on this forum for good.

Last edited by TheBruce; 02-15-2019 at 10:14 PM.
TheBruce is online now  
Old 02-16-2019, 05:06 AM
  #28  
Presto
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 366
Default

Why won’t the mods ban this vendor? Can anyone offering a terrible service become a member here as long as they pay the sponsor fees?
Presto is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 07:57 AM
  #29  
cosm3os
User
 
cosm3os's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 800
Default

I like how John tries to suggest that because he discontinued the earlier versions, the fact that he scammed people back then doesn't count.
cosm3os is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 12:54 PM
  #30  
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TheBruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,141
Default

@Presto - I have no idea. I think we need to start a thread asking the mods to ban him, maybe that will get their attention.

@cosmo3os - ditto.

Sorry for starting a flame war guys but he has been pulling this crap for 2 years. It bums me out every time I see another guy get screwed over. He needs to go.
TheBruce is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: