Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Motorsport | 996/997 Sport Cat X-Pipe Group Buy!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 11:47 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 689 Likes on 438 Posts
Default Fabspeed Motorsport | 996/997 Sport Cat X-Pipe Group Buy!!

Hey all, Scott here from Fabspeed Motorsport. Our expert production team has been working their butts off lately making stock of systems in high demand. That being said, we have a handful of the 996/997 Porsche Carrera Sport Cat X-Pipes in stock ready to ship for all Rennlist members. Time to get the cars out of storage and get them ready for the spring! The first 5 orders get 15% off!!!

Take a look below to learn what makes Fabspeed's Sport Catalytic Converter X-Pipe the best in the industry!
Porsche 996/997 Carrera Sport Catalytic Converter X-Pipe

Increase horsepower, torque, and distinctive Porsche flat 6 sound by replacing the factory catalytic converters with Fabspeed's high-flowing 200-cell HJS Sport catalytic converter X-Pipe.

Why We Choose HJS Catalytic Converters:

HJS German imported catalytic converters are made from some of the highest grade material you can find in a catalytic converter. This yields high performance gains and longevity so it wont deteriorate over time like lower grade catalytic converters. These catalytic converters flow up to 93-95% of a straight pipe in most applications. The benefit is that you get the "straight pipe sound" while still being able to provide enough emissions scrubbing to prevent a check engine light.

FEATURES:

Fits all Porsche 996 Carrera vehicles 1998-2004
Greatly improve horsepower and torque by 25 whp and 32 ft-lbs
Saves 11 lbs from the rear of the vehicle
Proprietary Investment Cast X with tuned window was dyno developed to deliver huge mid range torque and high rpm horsepower gains
X-pipe design includes integrated 200-cell HJS Sport Catalytic Converters for maximum flow, efficiency, all while being able to pass tail pipe emissions tests (will not pass C.A.R.B visual inspection)
Constructed from T304L stainless steel tubing, mandrel-bent for accuracy and flow
All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Limited Warranty

Check out this video of this gorgeous 996 with Fabspeed Headers and Sport Cat X-pipe!

Old 02-08-2019, 07:51 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,761 Likes on 4,302 Posts

Have had these on my 997 since 2012 along with the matching headees and mufflers. They're awesome and no CELs.

Old 02-08-2019, 08:14 AM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 87 Posts

It would be helpful to make the distinction between .1 and .2 997. I assume this does not fit the .2. Am I correct?
Old 02-08-2019, 08:27 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LISsailor
It would be helpful to make the distinction between .1 and .2 997. I assume this does not fit the .2. Am I correct?
Correct. 996 and 997.1.

997.2 has a different exhaust setup. Center muffler bypass is what you want on a .2.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:47 AM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 92 Posts

I have the Fabspeed sport cat x-pipe and headers along with PSE. I love the sound! No CEL's and no issues passing AZ emissions. Perfect combination with PSE so I don't irritate my neighbors.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:57 AM
bgoetz
Three Wheelin'

Received 391 Likes on 217 Posts

What is everyone’s experience on the finish? I have their exhaust on my 997 and the finish does not look good at all. I think it has been on the car for a while (previous owner installed), but it hasn’t ever been winter driven. It just didn’t seem to age well and since I don’t know when it started to look the way it does I was curious what everyone’s experience was.

I would consider installing these to go with the exhaust except one would be super shinny and well the other, not so much.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bgoetz
What is everyone’s experience on the finish? I have their exhaust on my 997 and the finish does not look good at all. I think it has been on the car for a while (previous owner installed), but it hasn’t ever been winter driven. It just didn’t seem to age well and since I don’t know when it started to look the way it does I was curious what everyone’s experience was.

I would consider installing these to go with the exhaust except one would be super shinny and well the other, not so much.
Fabspeed stainless is about as good as anyone's. Thick wall construction, high stainless content, madrel bends, etc. All stainless turns a kind of gold color after being heat cycled a bunch. Also, placement on the 997 has any road debris, spray, and tire rubber thrown directly at the mufflers so they can get pretty messy fairly quickly. The new X-pipe will match your patina'd mufflers fairly quickly.

This is what mine looked like when I first installed them. Valvetronic Mufflers and Headers were used (but polished prior to install) and the X-pipe was new. You can see the slight color difference and then compare that to the picture I posted earlier where it all looks the same now.

That being said, the Fabspeed stainless cleans up to look like brand new with some Sharkhyde metal polish and a Mother foam cone for your drill.

Here are pictures of Cayenne Secondary Cat Bypass pipes I purchased used and then the refurb to what they looked like when I installed them. I thought about coating them with Sharkhyde Metal Protectant when I was done so they'd look like that for a long time, but wasn't sure how that would hold up to the heat of an exhaust so just installed them as is. This was about 30 minutes work.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:54 PM
bgoetz
Three Wheelin'

Yeah mine looks pretty rough, my guess is the age of mine (likely 8+yrs old) and like you said the location. I think I need a whole new exhaust system if I want it to look nice again

Old 02-08-2019, 01:00 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bgoetz
Yeah mine looks pretty rough, my guess is the age of mine (likely 8+yrs old) and like you said the location. I think I need a whole new exhaust system if I want it to look nice again

I doubt it. I bet those mufflers will clean up very well again as I can see the shiny base metal through the built up grunge. It's not something I'd tackle while installed on the car though.

Buy the Sharkyde metal polish. Then clean the mufflers with brake cleaner to remove any stuck on tar or junk. Put the Mothers foam polishing cone into your drill (I use my air drill since it's better for sustained constant running than an electric one), put some polish on the cone and start going to town. Do it in an area where the polish that slings off won't mess anything up. Then I wipe them down with a microfiber towel to remove any of the remaining polishing compound. For tough areas, it might take a couple applications and polishing sequences, but it's really super easy. I've tried a bunch of different metal polishes - Mothers, Meguires, Autosol, etc and nothing works as fast and easily as the Sharkhyde for stainless exhaust systems.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:01 PM
bgoetz
Three Wheelin'

Thanks! That sounds like a great summer project!
Old 02-05-2021, 05:44 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 689 Likes on 438 Posts

Gauging interest! Would the community like another Group buy?
Old 02-06-2021, 02:59 PM
mwoc
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m interested in your cat back valved exhaust for a 997.1 on a group buy.
Old 02-06-2021, 04:42 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mwoc
I’m interested in your cat back valved exhaust for a 997.1 on a group buy.
I don't believe that's a current Fabspeed product. I bought mine in 2012 and they had discontinued the valved version by then, so it's been out of production for almost a decade. Maybe I'd there's enough interest, they'd redo them.
Old 02-06-2021, 05:19 PM
mwoc
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
I don't believe that's a current Fabspeed product. I bought mine in 2012 and they had discontinued the valved version by then, so it's been out of production for almost a decade. Maybe I'd there's enough interest, they'd redo them.
Thanks Petza914 - I guess I'll look at Soul or Armytrix. Any thoughts on those or other valved exhausts?
Old 02-06-2021, 07:44 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mwoc
Thanks Petza914 - I guess I'll look at Soul or Armytrix. Any thoughts on those or other valved exhausts?
Soul was actually started by a couple guys that used to be at Fabspeed. I don't know anything about armytrix. I also like the sound of the ipe systems (innotech performance exhaust). In fact, I think the guy on 6speed with the Liberty Walk 997 is selling a complete ipe brand new for a slight discount in the Marketplace there. FVD would be another to look into.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Motorsport | 996/997 Sport Cat X-Pipe Group Buy!!