Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach’ s new 997 adjustable sway bars feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 12:56 AM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Any input on the pdk version of these for the 997.2? Does it come with swaybar bushings ?
Old 02-15-2019, 09:46 PM
code7rpd
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it possible to run the Eibach rear sway bar on a c2s it’s an LN Engineering IMS solution kit?
Old 02-16-2019, 01:34 AM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by code7rpd
Is it possible to run the Eibach rear sway bar on a c2s it’s an LN Engineering IMS solution kit?
the eibach bar is that exact same shape as your existing sway bar.. just a bit thicker. If you are seeing that the IMS solution kit oil line is too close for comfort on your existing bar then it may be a problem, but if it's not close, then I don't see a reason why it would not fit/work with the IMS kit.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:52 AM
code7rpd
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info. I’ll take a closer look, but I think the oil line will be too close for comfort,
Old 02-16-2019, 03:04 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Does this fit any 997? Or just NB cars?
Old 02-17-2019, 12:16 AM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 742 Likes on 424 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by Batman33
Sure is one hell of a coincidence.
It isn't a coincidence, it's called a car community and Ryan has been a positive member of the So. Cal car community for the 20+ years I have. We all have a bit of car ADD here in CA but I see nothing wrong with Ryan selling his car and at the same time using it for developing/marketing Eibach swaybars with the new owner if that is the situation. I would give up my C2S in a second for a GT3 in any case, so the sale of his C2S to someone in the community makes sense when he traded up to a GT3. In addition, Eibach has been a positive presence in So. Cal for many years from having meets to supporting races at the local tracks. If Eibach starts making their high quality parts for Porsches beyond the pro kit springs, it is a win win situation for us, so I don't get what your beef is.

Last edited by jamesinger; 02-17-2019 at 12:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
damage98MO (06-04-2022)
Old 02-17-2019, 09:27 AM
Batman33
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesinger
It isn't a coincidence, it's called a car community and Ryan has been a positive member of the So. Cal car community for the 20+ years I have. We all have a bit of car ADD here in CA but I see nothing wrong with Ryan selling his car and at the same time using it for developing/marketing Eibach swaybars with the new owner if that is the situation. I would give up my C2S in a second for a GT3 in any case, so the sale of his C2S to someone in the community makes sense when he traded up to a GT3. In addition, Eibach has been a positive presence in So. Cal for many years from having meets to supporting races at the local tracks. If Eibach starts making their high quality parts for Porsches beyond the pro kit springs, it is a win win situation for us, so I don't get what your beef is.
It was indeed a coincidence. I have no beef with Ryan...he explained the coincidence some time ago. What I have a beef is your inappropriate commentary. Go pound salt.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:42 AM
Batman33
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It was indeed a coincidence. I have no beef with Ryan...he explained the coincidence some time ago. What I have a beef is your inappropriate commentary. Go pound salt.
BTW, The unedited version of your message...the one that included the needless antagonistic language before it was edited out...is what showed up in my inbox. Another reason to think before you hit send.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:32 AM
gulshan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoo
That is my old car. I moved on to a GT3 last year.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-in-socal.html

You can look Nick up on FB, where he's very active in the 997 group. He's local and we used his Colorado for R&D too.

I don't need to create a fake account to get a review on a new product.

Please tell details of these cool rims ? Who makes them and what size spacers you using. Looks like OP also using same rims..
Old 02-17-2019, 02:43 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 742 Likes on 424 Posts

BTW, The unedited version of your message...the one that included the needless antagonistic language before it was edited out...is what showed up in my inbox. Another reason to think before you hit send.
the one about you having cabin fever? I stand corrected on my correction.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:27 AM
nickpsomas
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Gee, the car in the OP's message (his first ever) plugging Eibach products sure looks a lot like your car after the installation of an aero kit that you mentioned you were going to be doing in the thread I referenced earlier. Right down to the wheels and after market lights. Surely that is mere coincidence.
I've known Ryan and the guys at Eibach for 10 years, I bought his 997 last July. I also live 15 minutes away from Eibach, you think I am NOT going to give them a car when they need it for R&D? I am a huge car guy and huge proponent to the aftermarket industry (owning my own company in it as well) so I will always share new products to the community and help develop aftermarket platforms for us all to benefit from.

I am also working with aFe Power on a new intake system for the 997 S, so you will expect to see my feedback there as well.

Not entirely sure how this thread morphed into this or why you think they would feel the need to make fake accounts to push product when the truth is, their product doesn't need pushing and their work speaks for itself. I was super excited to share feedback after taking it to the track right after the sway bar installation.
The following users liked this post:
Unframed (08-06-2020)
Old 02-19-2019, 11:29 AM
nickpsomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by code7rpd
Thanks for the info. I’ll take a closer look, but I think the oil line will be too close for comfort,
There is no issues whatsoever, as said above. Same design, just thicker.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:31 AM
nickpsomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by qikqbn
I had the Eibach Pro-kit springs on my car for a couple years now with PASM. I really enjoy them for all the reasons you mentioned, but like you, I did still notice some rear end wiggle at the track. I also go to Buttonwillow too! About 6 months ago I purchased the 3 way adjustable 25mm rear sway bar by Eibach and it made a really nice difference for me. The rear end feels way more planted and flat through the corners and s-turns. Stiffening up the rear sway bar will give you more oversteer character. 911s tend to push more when stock, so adding the stiffer rear sway bar helps with turn in and less understeer.

I have a C4S so stock rear sway bar is closer to 19-20mm and the 25mm Eibach bar thickness is the same recommended for GT3 or GT2 stock. Was a very nice price point considering it is almost identical to the GT2 oem part which was $200 more. With this bar I had to use GT2 Bushings which look to be drilled out bushings in order to work with the 25mm bar thickness. The Bushings were $50 at a discount considering regular oem bushings are half that price. I also purchased new oem droplinks just to keep things fresh back there.

REAR ANTI-ROLL Kit (Rear Sway Bar Only) 7217.312 Rear Sway Bar is Tubular and 3 Way-Adjustable. 25mm
GT2 rear sway bar bushings required in order to fit fatter rear 25mm sway bar. Part # 997-333-792-95
Pretty cool to see you had a similar experience. It's a night and day difference from factory sway bar to these in the handling department.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:55 AM
youngvedder
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how hard are the f/r to install? appreciate the insights!
Old 02-19-2019, 12:01 PM
nickpsomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by youngvedder
how hard are the f/r to install? appreciate the insights!
Extremely easy actually. Very do able if you have floorjack and several jackstands. Piece of cake if you have access to a lift.

Quick Reply: Eibach’ s new 997 adjustable sway bars feedback