Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach’ s new 997 adjustable sway bars feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 11:24 AM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Looks like Tarret has a bunch of different options on theirs, including one for Bilstein coilovers.

https://tarett.com/products/drop-lin...40474218594468
Old 02-12-2022, 07:07 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 736 Likes on 421 Posts

I also have these with the GT3 OEM coilovers, which is probably different than the C2S ones if the B16s are...🤔🤔🤔 I am not sure but I talked to Eibach and they hooked it up. BTW, at first I thought they were making noise but when you upgrade your swaybars and endlinks, it is possible your top mounts/camber plates will make some noise. This was the case with the GT3 top mounts.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:42 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Thanks for the tip Jamesinger
Old 03-01-2022, 04:53 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,003 Likes on 377 Posts

I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering if you (qikqbn) track your car with PSM off. There was a thread recently about rear-end wiggle when driving at the limit and other drivers mentioned the same sensation. I notice it occasionally too. It went away when I turned off PSM. At first I thought it was my LSD kicking in but I am pretty sure it was the PSM and individual wheel braking doing its thing. Now when I do any canyon carving, I always turn off PSM. That said, this thread has inspired me to get an Eibach rear sway bar. I am also going to install GT3 LCAs just to dial in more precise feel front and rear. Thanks for the inspiration and info.

Originally Posted by qikqbn
Front Bar Specs Oem:

Carrera 2 - 23.6 x 3.5 mm
Carrera 4 - 22.5 x 3.5 mm
Carrera 2S - 24.0 x 3.8 mm
Carrera 4S - 23.6 x 3.5 mm

Rear Bar Specs Oem

C2 - 18.5 mm x 2.5 mm
C4 coupe - 21.7 mm
C2S - 19.6 mm x 2.6 mm
C4S Targa and Cabrio - 20.8 mm

The C4S I have came OEM with actually a thinner front bar than C2S to help with better turn in and also because of extra weight up front from the front transfer case and axles.
Even with that, compared to my Cayman S, my 911 still pushed in tight hairpin corners. Especially in corners like turn 2 at Buttonwillow called "Off ramp". You just have to be very patient with the throttle on corner entry till the apex and then throttle it after the apex.
So I wanted to dial out understeer and dial in a bit more oversteer character. Plus my rear end wiggle was still quiet noticeable on track and blasting through the canyons. So the rear sway bar only for my application was just what I was looking for.
My C4S now turns in noticeably sharper and much less rear end wiggle.
I have my bar set to the "middle" adjustable hole.

With that said, my thinking was/is, that if I decide to also add the thicker front sway bar kit later, then I wonder if, although overall stiffness anti/roll flatness is improved, I wonder if that stiffer front end bar would actually dial back in some of that understeer push I was trying to get rid of with just doing the stiffer rear bar.....does that make sense?? that's a crazy sentence..

Now there is no denying Eibach knows their stuff and puts great kits together. The C2S does have a lighter front end and less hardware up front than C4S, so you will have to experiment, but I don't think you can go wrong with Eibach's sway bars. They make great products. If you are curious, maybe just install rear sway bar 1st. Take it for a canyon test drive and then install the front bar to see how it changes the handling. One thing that is nice is that sway bars are generally an easy install. less than an hour
Old 03-01-2022, 10:34 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering if you (qikqbn) track your car with PSM off. There was a thread recently about rear-end wiggle when driving at the limit and other drivers mentioned the same sensation. I notice it occasionally too. It went away when I turned off PSM. At first I thought it was my LSD kicking in but I am pretty sure it was the PSM and individual wheel braking doing its thing. Now when I do any canyon carving, I always turn off PSM. That said, this thread has inspired me to get an Eibach rear sway bar. I am also going to install GT3 LCAs just to dial in more precise feel front and rear. Thanks for the inspiration and info.

I have tracked with PSM both on and off. There are pros and cons to either scenario. The biggest pro is that you have no interruption in power delivery when things start to slide around in the corners. Another pro is that it's all up to you to manage with your driving skills. The con is... well, it's all up to you to manage with your driving skills, and I was not always quick enough to save the car from spinning out a couple times with PSM OFF. Never spun out with PSM ON, but it does take a lot of the fun out at times and can be frustrating when it cuts power. In some cases I would switch PSM off for certain sections of track and turn on for others in slippery conditions. Ideally we all want to be the best drivers we can and you will not learn good car control completely without turning the nannies off.

Interesting that PSM brake application can cause some rear end wiggle. It makes some sense, but a lot of the wiggle I was trying to dial out was no where near "at the limit" to engage psm. There is a popular canyon called Angeles Crest HWY out here in Southern CA. It has very fast and long sweepers. 100 mph sweepers and things start to really wiggle around on those with the undulating surface at those speeds. The stiffer rear sway bar calms that down quite a bit, but in the tight stuff it is even more noticeable in helping initial turn in. I actually had to adjust my steering input a bit, because when I installed the sway bar the first time out in the canyons, the car was turning in much faster than my brain had remembered with the stock sway bar.

Last edited by qikqbn; 03-01-2022 at 10:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Wayne Smith (03-01-2022)

Quick Reply: Eibach’ s new 997 adjustable sway bars feedback