Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 with PCM 3.0 and updated iPhone?

Old 01-16-2019, 02:43 AM
jcoyle504
New User

Default 997.2 with PCM 3.0 and updated iPhone?

Hi all,

I'm a new 911 owner who purchased an 09 911 997.2 c2 (FIRST POST!). My car has the PCM 3.0 and doesn't have the universal audio input feature (iPod/USB/Aux) so I am considering adding the retrofit from Sun Coast Parts. In searching the various boards, it appears there were some early issues hooking up iPhones with iOS 11+ via the iPod cable and 30pin to Lightning adapter. Does anyone have an updated iPhone that they use successfully in their car with PCM 3.0? Would like to avoid spending the ~$800 on the device and installation if it will not work properly.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:27 PM
doclouie
User

I have the same care as you. Base 2009 997.2. It does have the USB/audio jack/old iPhone plug. I have used my iPhone 5s and now my iPhone 8 connected to my Bovee with no issues. Just make sure you have at least one song downloaded on your phone through iTunes or it will not work right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: