Sponsored by:

Keep original wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 03:00 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by holgum
Just acquired this 2012 Targa 4S (with only 6k miles!).
Thinking about changing wheels - for some reason the Turbo II wheel doesn't quite do it for me on this car. My question: should I keep these wheels or sell them if/when I change?
Will some future buyer really want the original wheels?
I plan on keeping this car for a number of years, drive it lightly and maintain it well, but ultimately I'm not a collector, so I just wanted to know what the community thinks. Do people really care if the car has the original wheels?

I suggest that you keep those Otto Fuchs OEM turbo 11 wheels, they're classic wheels and the best wheel produced for the 997.2 hands down. A very much sort after wheel, keep it original like Porsche built it.

It took me two years to find a clean set and with 7 layers of paint and finish they stay a lot cleaner than the OEM rims that came with my car, and that I still have.

Good Luck !

Old 01-16-2019, 04:04 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
I suggest that you keep those Otto Fuchs OEM turbo 11 wheels, they're classic wheels and the best wheel produced for the 997.2 hands down. A very much sort after wheel, keep it original like Porsche built it.

It took me two years to find a clean set and with 7 layers of paint and finish they stay a lot cleaner than the OEM rims that came with my car, and that I still have.

Good Luck !
That's why they sell easy. I agree. Best looking OEM.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:02 PM
holgum
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Good Luck !
You're not making this easy for me

Quick Reply: Keep original wheels?