2009 C4S price check

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 03:04 PM
agent325
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 2009 C4S price check

I have a 2009 C4S luanch Edution, PDK with 63k miles. Seal Gray on Black. I have some minor upgrades with Sherk works center exhaust, fister mufflers, and I have upgraded to a sport steering wheel. The original LWB were swapped out for GT3 sport seats by the previous owner. Full maintenance history from new, clean car fax no accidents.

Reasonable to ask $50? I’m ready to get into a GT car.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:34 PM
C4SNY
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 21 Posts

Sounds about right to me. Maybe a little more depending on the condition. Good luck with the sale.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:51 PM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

Wholesale price is under $40k. Maybe another $2k depending on options. Run the VIN to get the original sticker price. That will give you a more reasonable idea. Cargurus estimator is quite accurate and is what most people will use to value your car: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/instantMarketValue.action
Old 01-13-2019, 08:24 PM
LISsailor
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 84 Posts

I think $50 is a fair number.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:59 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

look at nada values, dealers pay under lowest value
Old 01-14-2019, 01:43 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by agent325
I have a 2009 C4S luanch Edution, PDK with 63k miles. Seal Gray on Black. I have some minor upgrades with Sherk works center exhaust, fister mufflers, and I have upgraded to a sport steering wheel. The original LWB were swapped out for GT3 sport seats by the previous owner. Full maintenance history from new, clean car fax no accidents.

If it is a 2009 C4S launch car it's meteor gray and came with the GT2 carbon fiber bucket seats from the factory. I had one just like it. $50K sounds like it's worth a try. The market isn't exactly flooded with 997's. Haven't seen one in months at my local dealership. Plenty of 991's though.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:37 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lets go through the +'s and -'s. On the Plus side you have its a 997.2, Launch edition, 4S widebody, service history since new, clean carfax and live in a Major Metro area with no real winter and known to be one of the best places for cars to age IE dry heat year round.

Now the minuses: 63,000 miles, some aftermarket parts......and thats it, no used car is perfect. I would put the stock seats back in, assuming you have the originals, and sell the GT3's for a tidy sum as they will go quickly. IMHO, wait until April 1st when the sun is in full swing here in LA and you will probably have a full Voice Mail the first day at $50k. If you still have the original steering wheel toss that in the deal.

All this is assuming you are selling it via private party and not trading it in to a dealer.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:29 PM
rjaudi
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The exhaust will be a plus to some buyers and a minus to others. Its a launch car so it had the buckets, Sport chrono and full leather. The bad thing is when the buckets get removed you get left with a car with no heated or cooled seats. I predict it will sell for 48 private party and I would ask 50.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:38 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Balr14
Wholesale price is under $40k. Maybe another $2k depending on options. Run the VIN to get the original sticker price. That will give you a more reasonable idea. Cargurus estimator is quite accurate and is what most people will use to value your car: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/instantMarketValue.action
I think most will value the car based on what is currently out there for sale versus their strong preferences (color combinations and options).

For cars like the 997, 993, 964 and etc, I used to find car generic values provided by online services absolutely meaningless. Most selling and most purchasing these types of cars can the judge the market for their particular car better than gurus, black book and NADA. I honestly do not even look at either and I think Gurus is way below market for solid and desirable 997s. Gurus might be okay for very high mileage and cars with wrecks and/or paint issues.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:50 PM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
I think most will value the car based on what is currently out there for sale versus their strong preferences (color combinations and options).

For cars like the 997, 993, 964 and etc, I used to find car generic values provided by online services absolutely meaningless. Most selling and most purchasing these types of cars can the judge the market for their particular car better than gurus, black book and NADA. I honestly do not even look at either and I think Gurus is way below market for solid and desirable 997s. Gurus might be okay for very high mileage and cars with wrecks and/or paint issues.
CarGurus is probably not much good for the cars you have. Most of us don't have your car budget. But, the value they estimated for my C2S was right on. You will find other postings in this forum that say the same. They do influence a lot of car purchases or they wouldn't be as successful as they are.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:24 PM
agent325
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm going to wait till Spring, list it at $50 and see what happens. I'm going to hold firm at my price. If I don't get close to $50, I'll probably hold onto it for another year. Car Gurus had a value of around $50
Old 01-16-2019, 02:09 AM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems reasonable in the Spring.

SharkWerks, buyer probably won't notice, if you have stock sell it and make a few bucks.
Fister, may or may be a turn-off depending on buyer. Probably won't bring more money. If you have stock, sell them.
Sport wheel, very nice upgrade but probably won't add money.
Seats, unless an enthusiast/knowledgeable buyer, they probably won't notice. Possibly a detraction for those that know.
Full service history, never hit, priceless.

Originally Posted by agent325

Quick Reply: 2009 C4S price check