Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on GT3 style bumper from NR Auto?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 03:52 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I considered it briefly, but decided I didn't want to bother with fitment issues, so went with an OEM GT3 bumper. Used is a good idea (since you'll have to prep/paint it anyway). Alternatively, you can sometimes find them from retailers in Germany at a discount compared to US prices (but that's assuming you're in the US).
Old 01-31-2019, 05:07 AM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

just stay away from the dynamics whatever company that sells them for $500, i think NR auto has a good reputation
Old 02-01-2019, 02:46 PM
F4nG
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black997er

I see your point and props for suffixing it appropriately. I have to say though that cosmetic mods for me are less about trying to get the car to pose as something that it’s not but rather taking pieces from other cars that appeal to me. For example I like the GT3-Style bumper, and the Sport Classic style ducktail, and the 992-Style rear badge, and the 911R style side stripe decals. Modding then becomes an art form, an exercise in curation, and when done right (like the Cayenne above) it adds an extra dimension of fun to owning these cars. There are a few ways to do it wrong, like say applying a GT3-badge to a car that just isn’t one, but I’d say there are many more ways to do it right!
Very well said regarding modding the car to your own personal taste. *high five*
Old 02-01-2019, 03:29 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,154 Likes on 3,923 Posts

Originally Posted by F4nG
Very well said regarding modding the car to your own personal taste. *high five*
+1

There's no point in modifying a car to someone else's taste as everyone has different tastes. I make changes to my cars because I like those changes and enjoy the uniqueness some of them provide and in some cases the challenge that doing something poses (like the 958 generation PCCB brakes onto the 957 Cayenne that have a completely different mounting orientation).

If others like what I've done too, that's great and I certainly appreciate those comments; but there are also those who don't, and that's totally fine too. Since I never really sell any of the Pcars I buy, I don't really concern myself with what those changes might do to the resale value, nor do I keep the old parts so I can put things back to stock for a larger buyer pool. IMO, everything I chance improves some aspect of the car whether it's the overall look, the performance, the driving experience for the way I use the car, etc

Be true unto yourself and enjoy the ride ! Just share it with the rest of us so those of us that want to can ride along too
Old 02-01-2019, 04:37 PM
chuuey
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Amen and well said, Petza and black997er. Timely thread. I am looking for a .2 GT3 rear for my car as well and interested in the options available to us.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:47 AM
Euro RAE
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

No shortage of options out there, as well as some reselling the same products at super inflated prices. I have a fiberglass NR Auto rear bumper and wing. Fitment was great and very happy with them. I also had some NR Auto side skirts. Fitment was okay, but as Petza914 said to make them fit exact was going to require more custom work. I didn't want to do that, was looking for a direct bolt-on that was a perfect fit (or at least near perfect). Was about to order some genuine TechART side skirts but found the GT3Tek (Better Bodies Motorsports Designs) products . These are also PU-RIM and said to be a perfect fit. Spoke to them and got assurance I could return them if the fit was not dead on. Decided to try them out for a forth the cost. If they didn't fit like OEM I would return them and purchase the TechART ones instead. However they fit just as promised and completely look OEM, an absolute perfect alignment, extremely happy with them.

Well said comments about making the car your own. It's not about trying to pose the car as something else, it's about creating your own masterpiece, Meisterstuck. Not to mention for a manufacture that is so well known for its near endless options list, offering leather wrapped air vents and the like, I believe anyone would be hard pressed to explain why an individual owners custom option is any less warranted than one someone paid the dealer for.

For me it's about practicality, function and appearance. I need/want a daily Porsche, something I can take the kids to school in and drive on most occasions. A 997 C2S fits that just nicely. As someone who use to club race and now wants to visit the tracks as frequently as possible, I need/want a car that can handle the stresses of hard track driving and my desire for even greater performance. My mod selections have all served to that end. And as its said beauty is in the eye of the beholder, there are certain aspects from the broad 911 family I particularly like. So I mold and shape my model to reflect my own unique style. Porsche makes a car to appeal to a particular segment of people, and each sub-model has a targeted group just like any other manufacture does. Porsche further refines this by intentionally limiting certain performance aspects so each model places in a very linear progression of performance to price. The intake air flow is an excellent example of this. When I modify my car, I am making it for just one person.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:11 PM
rwdds
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

You might try PorschePartsNow.com for 997.2 fitment. Research and a few calls convinced me to go with this OEM supplier. Mine was a 997.1 version, but fit perfectly, no issues. Much better pricing, but it was done last spring.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:03 PM
swartzzz
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts

I really, really wish there was a decent bumper cover to do this conversion.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on GT3 style bumper from NR Auto?