Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"...not sportscars! Why does everyone call them sports cars?"

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 10:40 AM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

My feeling is that millennials have a different view.

My observation is that anything that looks sporty is a sports car to some of them. Even a 140 hp Celica. I talked to someone who said all Cabrios are sports cars.......

To me there are 4 categories:

Normal cars - Daily driver cars. Focused on transportation and economy of ownership.

Sporty cars, more related to LOOKS than performance. Still many GT cars are here. But also miatas, Mini Cooper S and similar. But also Maserati GT etc

-Sports cars. Built from sports car heritage. Brakes, handling, suspension, Power to weight etc must be very potent. For example - you should not be able to cook the brakes after 2 laps on the track. These are track capable cars but they are not race cars. Track day capable is probably a good description.

- Race cars. Built for track racing. No compromise with comfort and luxury. Extreme Focus on power to weight, brake performance, engine performance, aerodynamics and tyre performance.

Sports cars doesn't necessarily have to do with weight even if I agree that the less weight the better.

The general trend is unfortunately that all cars get heavier and heavier. Young people today favour looks above performance. And legislation makes it more and more difficult to fulfill all requirements and still make sports cars. I hope it will change.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:57 AM
Highpox1
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Batman33
I don't know. Why is every girl who's ever been in a **** film a **** "star", instead of merely a **** "actress"? : )
Good one! Never quite thought about that before but you are correct. In the same thinking, you can tell if a **** 'star' dude or boyfriend is filling up his Porsche. When he's done with the nozzle, he pulls it out early and shoots a little gas on the windshield......
Old 01-13-2019, 11:35 AM
yelcab
Three Wheelin'

Received 637 Likes on 397 Posts

It's sports cars to me. I can give no $hit about what anybody else thinks....
Old 01-13-2019, 11:52 AM
Batman33
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Highpox1
Good one! Never quite thought about that before but you are correct. In the same thinking, you can tell if a **** 'star' dude or boyfriend is filling up his Porsche. When he's done with the nozzle, he pulls it out early and shoots a little gas on the windshield......
You sick bas___d! LOL.

Quick Reply: "...not sportscars! Why does everyone call them sports cars?"