Sponsored by:

New member.. New 997S owner ..

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 05:42 PM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member.. New 997S owner ..

Just wanted to take the time and say hello to the community ..

Couple days ago just purchased a 2006 911 Carrera S , also became a rennlist member .. I was posting in the wrong 911 threads but was directed to post here ..

My new to me 997 is in immaculate condition inside and out . A two owner well taken care of 911 .. It included service records and factory documentation . A complete and intensive PPI report .. Has a freshly rebuilt 6speed standard 3 pedal trans .. New clutch , new crank shaft seal . New spark plugs , new coils . also new front rotors and pads .. This car needs nothing ,, but to be driven ..

Here are the goodies ,,,

* 3.8 Liter H6 Engine @ 355 HP.* 6-Speed Manual Transmission.* PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management)* PSM (Porsche Stability Management)* Sport Chrono Plus.* Porsche Factory Short Shifter.* Sport Steering Wheel.* Carrera S 19" Wheels.* Center Wheel Caps w/ Colored Porsche Crest.* White Faced Instrument Dials.* 12 Way Electric Front Seats w/ Lumbar.* Heated Front Seats.* Seat Memory Drivers Side.* Front Luggage Compartment Cooling System.* Rain Sensors.* Heated Side Mirrors.* Bose Premium Sound System.* Navigation.* Xenon Headlight System.--

I'm in northern California San Francisco at the moment ,, visitng my son ,, and live in southern California in San Diego .. I will be enjoying life driving my new baby 500 miles home .

Last edited by Cyn Crvr 997S; 01-09-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:44 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats. Oh man, to run from SF to SD for your first drive!
Old 01-09-2019, 05:45 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of Porsche ownership. There really is no substitute.
Sure 911s are not the most exotic looking vehicles. But their performance and reliability are 2nd to none.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:49 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

Welcome and congrats from another SD native! Looks like another Hi Tech going off to a satisfied customer.

https://www.hitecauto.com/2006-Porsc...8/Details.aspx
Old 01-09-2019, 05:55 PM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

Originally Posted by cosm3os
Congrats. Oh man, to run from SF to SD for your first drive!
Thanks ! .. Yes ! A 500 mile introduction drive home on Monday ... I'm super stoked ...

Old 01-09-2019, 05:58 PM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

Originally Posted by My993C2
Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of Porsche ownership. There really is no substitute.
Sure 911s are not the most exotic looking vehicles. But their performance and reliability are 2nd to none.
Thank you ! maybe not exotic but Sexy as hell !

Old 01-09-2019, 06:12 PM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
Welcome and congrats from another SD native! Looks like another Hi Tech going off to a satisfied customer.

https://www.hitecauto.com/2006-Porsc...8/Details.aspx
Thanks man ..
Ha ! there she is , lol .. Was really impressed with those guys, top notch shop .. Greg who sold me the car is a super kool guy , very professional and a wealth of Porsche information . And was a past president for Porsche Club of America Redwood Region , and also a rennlist member.. I'm very satisfied with the deal ,, especially the condition of the car .. And I'm very confident driving it home 500 miles .. This was not the plan I had to buy a 911 . Was planning on flying home purchasing one closer to home in the near future , but ,, I stumbled on it ,and jumped on it .

Whats kool too is he's holding the car for me in their show room , Till I pic it up on Monday .. Because I don't like the parking situation in the streets . I really appreciate that ..

Last edited by Cyn Crvr 997S; 01-09-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:52 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 349 Likes on 230 Posts

Nice car, any planned mods/changes?

First I've heard of the front luggage compartment cooling system? Do you just pop the hood and drive???????

*didn't see you had two threads, thought I posted already.....
Old 01-10-2019, 04:44 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Black aint my color but boy do they look good when all spiffed up. Dont know what you paid, but the dealer really did a great job on the detail. Have more fun than the law will allow!
Old 01-10-2019, 02:03 PM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

Originally Posted by kellen
Nice car, any planned mods/changes?

First I've heard of the front luggage compartment cooling system? Do you just pop the hood and drive???????

*didn't see you had two threads, thought I posted already.....
Thanks ! Actually yes , I would like to get 400 + hp out of her . I just need to gather information on how to get that accomplished with out super charging her .. first thing I'm going to do is run a fused power source for my phone and figure out how to get a aux hooked up for music . I like hard wiring things dont really want blue tooth ..

I'm not sure about the luggage compartment cooling .. I just assumed that a vent of some kind is added to circulate air . But Ill find out this afternoon . Change of plans , Im taking possession of the car this afternoon instead of Monday ,, due tro rain all next week. Saturday is my window to drive home with no rain ...

Ya ,I mistakenly posted over on the older 911 threads .

Old 01-10-2019, 02:06 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyn Crvr 997S
Thanks man ..
Ha ! there she is , lol .. Was really impressed with those guys, top notch shop .. Greg who sold me the car is a super kool guy , very professional and a wealth of Porsche information . And was a past president for Porsche Club of America Redwood Region , and also a rennlist member.. I'm very satisfied with the deal ,, especially the condition of the car .. And I'm very confident driving it home 500 miles .. This was not the plan I had to buy a 911 . Was planning on flying home purchasing one closer to home in the near future , but ,, I stumbled on it ,and jumped on it .

Whats kool too is he's holding the car for me in their show room , Till I pic it up on Monday .. Because I don't like the parking situation in the streets . I really appreciate that ..
I've spoken to Greg a few times regarding a few 993's that I was interested in. They are a very through shop and wouldn't hesitate to buy a 911 from them. I have the same year and model but opposite in white. Hope to see you at the PCA SDR events.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:07 PM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

Originally Posted by captainbaker
Black aint my color but boy do they look good when all spiffed up. Dont know what you paid, but the dealer really did a great job on the detail. Have more fun than the law will allow!
I hear ya ,, actually I wanted that dark forest emerald green ., or Silver . She will be garaged so it wont be too bad keeping the car clean ... But I do like her wearing black ...
Old 01-10-2019, 02:17 PM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
I've spoken to Greg a few times regarding a few 993's that I was interested in. They are a very through shop and wouldn't hesitate to buy a 911 from them. I have the same year and model but opposite in white. Hope to see you at the PCA SDR events.
Good to hear ,, thanks for confirming .. They won't take just any car ,, it has to meet their standards before they even consider repairing and selling .. And I like the fact that they have factory trained techs that perform the PPI and all repairs .. This is one of the reasons I purchased the car , I put a value on that ..
Old 01-12-2019, 02:25 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 443 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome. Car looks great.

If you haven't already driven back to SD, I can send you the absolute best route for a 997 from SF to LA. Take 25 from Hollister to Coalinga and then pick up 33 through Los Padres Forest to Ojai, then down to Malibu. Its an 8hr race track through desolate country roads.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:44 AM
Cyn Crvr 997S
Advanced

Originally Posted by kellen
First I've heard of the front luggage compartment cooling system? Do you just pop the hood and drive?????.
I have the skinny on the luggage compartment cooling . There is a vent that runs cold air from the A/C unit duct work into the luggage compartment ..

Quick Reply: New member.. New 997S owner ..