Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAT 2005 997 TIP w/146K miles - How About Guessing High Bid.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 04:33 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,160 Likes on 3,925 Posts

Originally Posted by Balr14
I am pretty new to the Porsche world, but I thought the power Sports Seat had significant value, not the manual ones.
Used 997 seat market.
Regular Comfort Seats - $800-$1,000 / pair
Manual Adapative Sport Seats (manual fore/aft and up/down, but power recline) - $900-$1,200 each (so around $2,000 / pair)
Full Power Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (full power everything including pneumatic side bolsters) - $3,000-$4,000 / pair

So manual sport seats are worth double the regular power comfort seats and power sport seats are worth double the manual sport seats or 4x the standard comfort seats.

I've bought or sold 4 sets of 997 seats of these varieties. I have full power sport seats in my silver 997, manual sport seats in my 928 and at my desk, and full power comfort seats in my wife's 997. Sold the full power comfort seats out of the silver 997 to install the full power sport seats.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:55 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,426 Likes on 2,699 Posts

I have heater Adaptive Sport Seats in my 2007 C4S and love them - Never going back
Old 01-15-2019, 09:20 PM
Sporty
Rennlist Member

Received 441 Likes on 283 Posts

wonder what the end game is for the purchaser- going to resell? or use as a track car? or maybe is someone who want s project
Old 01-15-2019, 11:42 PM
DaBigBR
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm the buyer. Happened upon this thread by accident lurking some assorted 997 information. First Porsche, will be a second car to a 2018 Tahoe. Wanted something more fun, always interested in Porsches, waste too much time on BaT, and all those things together made it happen. It's going to get driven and because I live rural and have to drive about a half mile of gravel to get to the paved roads and Interstate, I especially wanted to start with a car that had...character.

I'm still sorting out the details of getting it here. Not the first car I've shipped, so the process is going about as well as you could hope for. I hope to have pics to post in a week or so.

I noticed when searching BaT for 997 today that this car appears to be the cheapest running 997 they've sold. A dubious honor to be sure. I look forward to participating in this community!
Old 01-15-2019, 11:49 PM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by DaBigBR
I'm the buyer. Happened upon this thread by accident lurking some assorted 997 information. First Porsche, will be a second car to a 2018 Tahoe. Wanted something more fun, always interested in Porsches, waste too much time on BaT, and all those things together made it happen. It's going to get driven and because I live rural and have to drive about a half mile of gravel to get to the paved roads and Interstate, I especially wanted to start with a car that had...character.

I'm still sorting out the details of getting it here. Not the first car I've shipped, so the process is going about as well as you could hope for. I hope to have pics to post in a week or so.

I noticed when searching BaT for 997 today that this car appears to be the cheapest running 997 they've sold. A dubious honor to be sure. I look forward to participating in this community!
Congrats! You will love it. Looking forward to your future photos and impression once you finally get it.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:49 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,160 Likes on 3,925 Posts

Hey, congratulations and welcome aboard. It's great to have a thread already started on your car before your'e even a member. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here about 997s, so don't be shy with the questions, though trying a search first is appreciated.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:18 AM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

You have more adventurous spirit than I have. I wish you many happy miles! Despite what was said about the tiptronic being undesirable, it's a good, solid transmission.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:46 AM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Congrats! Glad you found us - this site is amazing with the wealth of knowledge. That car was a great bargain I think. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of it and hearing about it. Start a new thread when you get it.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:05 AM
gtvr6
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Congratulations

Congratulations on the win - I won my car on BaT in August 2017 and have no regrets. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:51 AM
DaBigBR
Advanced

Thanks, guys.

The tip was my third choice in potential transmissions, but the value was certainly there.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:18 PM
gtvr6
Advanced

Default If you don't mind me asking

Thanks, guys.

The tip was my third choice in potential transmissions, but the value was certainly there.
Are you planning to service the IMS bearing? Once I get the car, I'd change the oil and send it off to BlackStone Labs.

My opinion is that you're going to love the car.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:33 PM
DaBigBR
Advanced

I intend on having the oil analyzed and inspecting the filter for metal shavings. The paperwork I received has the last owner's information on it, so I'm going to try to non-creepily reach out and see what he has for service records. Once I have a clear sense of the maintenance history of the car, I'll figure out where I want to go with it.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:17 PM
gtvr6
Advanced

Default You should be good.

I intend on having the oil analyzed and inspecting the filter for metal shavings. The paperwork I received has the last owner's information on it, so I'm going to try to non-creepily reach out and see what he has for service records. Once I have a clear sense of the maintenance history of the car, I'll figure out where I want to go with it.
I would either have a trusted indy give the car a check or do it yourself to make sure nothing is off (when I got mine, it had a slight vibration caused by the motor mount - I honestly barely noticed it until).

Good luck - keep us posted.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:51 PM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I love high mile finds like this, good one! It looks like it was driven but taken care of which is the best kind of driver. I have a feeling this will put a smile on your face for a lot more miles, enjoy!
Old 01-16-2019, 04:13 PM
PNW2015
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats, welcome. I have a 2005 Base Carrera with Tiptronic and just upgraded to the sport button from Suncoast. I highly recommend it. It's a totally different (and better) car to drive.

Quick Reply: BAT 2005 997 TIP w/146K miles - How About Guessing High Bid.