Sponsored by:

PPI Recommendation: Upstate South Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 09:29 PM
BG3
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PPI Recommendation: Upstate South Carolina

I searched but, could only find recommendations for Columbia and Charleston area. May go check out a potential candidate tomorrow. Though, there's 100% chance of rain and I'm not a fan of trying to buy a car in the rain... Much less, driving three hours in the rain and back. My schedule is killing me right now!

So, whether this pans out or not, I figured the info will help someone at some point!
Old 01-03-2019, 09:43 PM
steved0x
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Autometrics in Charleston, if they don't do PPIs they may be able to recommend someone.

Edit: I read it wrong, sorry.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:27 PM
BG3
Advanced

No worries. Wish I could take it to them. They seem to have a great reputation. There's no way the owner will let me take a three hour ride to get it inspected!
Old 01-04-2019, 09:12 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

I'm in Seneca and use Bill & Frank Gerwig at ProTech Motorsports in Greer for things I can't do myself, which isn't much. They've done some work on my 928 and did the alignment and corner balance of my silver 997.

I'm not really a fan of the dealership in Greenville, but the service manager is Scott Feinglas if you need to go that direction. Neil is one of the better Techs there.

Where are you and the car located?
Old 01-04-2019, 11:23 PM
BG3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Petza914
I'm in Seneca and use Bill & Frank Gerwig at ProTech Motorsports in Greer for things I can't do myself, which isn't much. They've done some work on my 928 and did the alignment and corner balance of my silver 997.
THIS ^^^^

Thank you for the recommendation. I had already left them a message when I saw yours. This is a wonderful group of people. Super easy to work with and very reasonable. Bill was an absolute pleasure. He never rushed and answered my questions in detail every time. It was as if he was a long lost best friend trying to patiently make sure I got the info I needed to make a sound decision.

The only issue I had was actually getting there. Waze showed the correct address but, took me to the wrong location, their original location. TWICE. It was weird. I switched to Google Maps and a had a fun back road drive across Greer, SC to their new location off of River Road, not State Park Rd... Though, I was 30 minutes late, they never skipped a beat. I enjoyed every minute there.

Highly recommended. When I do find a car, it may just be worth the 2 1/2 drive to let them do any necessary maintenance I can't do.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:05 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Originally Posted by BG3
THIS ^^^^

Thank you for the recommendation. I had already left them a message when I saw yours. This is a wonderful group of people. Super easy to work with and very reasonable. Bill was an absolute pleasure. He never rushed and answered my questions in detail every time. It was as if he was a long lost best friend trying to patiently make sure I got the info I needed to make a sound decision.

The only issue I had was actually getting there. Waze showed the correct address but, took me to the wrong location, their original location. TWICE. It was weird. I switched to Google Maps and a had a fun back road drive across Greer, SC to their new location off of River Road, not State Park Rd... Though, I was 30 minutes late, they never skipped a beat. I enjoyed every minute there.

Highly recommended. When I do find a car, it may just be worth the 2 1/2 drive to let them do any necessary maintenance I can't do.
Glad you were able to hook up with them and were pleased with the experience.

Pete

Quick Reply: PPI Recommendation: Upstate South Carolina