Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 997.2 owner has instructions on replacing starter motor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 06:54 PM
onsickm
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any 997.2 owner has instructions on replacing starter motor?

I cannot find any DIY or instructions on replacing starter motor on 997.2. All I can find online is for 997.1 (which does NOT have the same procedure).

I figured I ask here if anybody knows the exact instrucitions

Thanks in advance
Old 01-03-2019, 04:27 PM
hankcah
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onsickm
I cannot find any DIY or instructions on replacing starter motor on 997.2. All I can find online is for 997.1 (which does NOT have the same procedure).

I figured I ask here if anybody knows the exact instrucitions

Thanks in advance
Did you check out pelican? https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...EC-Starter.htm Maybe look at youtube as well. May not hurt to stop by your local Indy shop or dealership and talk to a mechanic for 5 mins about what to look out for.

Also look at Bentley Repair manuals for this. Would def be worth it!
Looks like something to start on a Friday night, have all the tools ready, and just take your time on it. Label everything and have those tiny tool buckets to organize everything. Take notes, and maybe some photos of everything.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:59 PM
onsickm
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hankcah
Did you check out pelican? https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...EC-Starter.htm Maybe look at youtube as well. May not hurt to stop by your local Indy shop or dealership and talk to a mechanic for 5 mins about what to look out for.

Also look at Bentley Repair manuals for this. Would def be worth it!
Looks like something to start on a Friday night, have all the tools ready, and just take your time on it. Label everything and have those tiny tool buckets to organize everything. Take notes, and maybe some photos of everything.
Pelican and al other website has instruction for 997.1 only. They are different engine and different design. IT doesn't seem that bad though on 997.2
Old 01-04-2019, 11:42 PM
swingwing
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts

I'd look at purchasing a shop manual online. Search Ebay or Alldata. Looking at parts diagrams may be helpful as well. You familiar with a multimeter?
Old 01-04-2019, 11:49 PM
swingwing
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts

There's a 997.1 DIY on this forum. Starter on the .2 is in same place, so replacement procedure should be the same.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post11514446

Quick Reply: Any 997.2 owner has instructions on replacing starter motor?