Sponsored by:

997.2 3.8 Engine Failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 07:29 PM
BigJule
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bronz
Do you even comprehend what you just wrote here?
I do but do you?

"Just replaced the tensioner, but unfortunately it did not get rid of the sound."

"The next step is to take it to the shop. LN engineering is in my area and they recommended to do a complete rebuild through RND without wasting any money on trying to fix a problem."
Old 01-17-2019, 07:35 PM
bronz
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts

Have you even read the entire thread? Tensioner had seized up had to be replaced regardless and i even said it doesnt explain the metal in oil.
and what does the next statement have to do with me? Thats why my car isnt going there, its going somewhere whos willing to investigate a bit more before going full rebuild. If you had read the entire thread you would know, instead you decide to say something stupid and make yourself look like a fool calling people clueless when youre the one whos clueless here. Taking your car to transmission shop when the car has no engine oil. What? How does that even happen

Originally Posted by BigJule
I do but do you?

"Just replaced the tensioner, but unfortunately it did not get rid of the sound."

"The next step is to take it to the shop. LN engineering is in my area and they recommended to do a complete rebuild through RND without wasting any money on trying to fix a problem."
Old 01-17-2019, 07:47 PM
BigJule
Intermediate

I'm the fool? ...working on a 911
Old 01-17-2019, 07:49 PM
bgoetz
Burning Brakes

Received 387 Likes on 216 Posts

Have you even read the entire thread? Tensioner had seized up had to be replaced regardless and i even said it doesnt explain the metal in oil.
and what does the next statement have to do with me? Thats why my car isnt going there, its going somewhere whos willing to investigate a bit more before going full rebuild. If you had read the entire thread you would know, instead you decide to say something stupid and make yourself look like a fool calling people clueless when youre the one whos clueless here. Taking your car to transmission shop when the car has no engine oil. What? How does that even happen
Not to mention being clueless to the fact that the clunking being caused by the lack of oil likely damaged the engine. But you know “neither I don’t get it or I do”
Old 01-17-2019, 07:57 PM
BigJule
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bgoetz

Not to mention being clueless to the fact that the clunking being caused by the lack of oil likely damaged the engine. But you know “neither I don’t get it or I do”
If you're referring to my wife's car, she decided on her own to see a local mechanic who then told her to go see a transmission shop, I checked the engine oil after she reported the "experts" advice to me. That's why I said "I chimed in...". You clearly can't read properly either.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:02 PM
bgoetz
Burning Brakes

Received 387 Likes on 216 Posts

If you're referring to my wife's car, she decided on her own to see a local mechanic who then told her to go see a transmission shop, I checked the engine oil after she reported the "experts" advice to me. That's why I said "I chimed in...". You clearly can't read properly either.
I am pretty sure you are drunk or on some sort of drug and should probably leave this thread.

The car was clunking due to lack of oil, typically that isn’t the type of issue that is simply corrected by adding oil, at least not long term.

The OPs engine was knocking AND making metal. Where do you suppose the metal is coming from genius!?
Old 01-17-2019, 08:09 PM
Bash Hat
Three Wheelin'

Received 414 Likes on 193 Posts

I'm the fool? ...working on a 911
Wow. Way to kick a guy in the jewels when he's down. The guy is facing a huge repair bill and I'm sure feeling crappy enough. No need to pile it on. And his makeshift tool seemed to do the job...
Old 01-17-2019, 08:09 PM
BigJule
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bgoetz

I am pretty sure you are drunk or on some sort of drug and should probably leave this thread.

The car was clunking due to lack of oil, typically that isn’t the type of issue that is simply corrected by adding oil, at least not long term.

The OPs engine was knocking AND making metal. Where do you suppose the metal is coming from genius!?
You're clearly a psychic, both with humans and engines.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:14 PM
bronz
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Bash Hat
Wow. Way to kick a guy in the jewels when he's down. The guy is facing a huge repair bill and I'm sure feeling crappy enough. No need to pile it on. And his makeshift tool seemed to do the job...
its all good im not really worried about it, surely it sucks as it was unexpected. I just dont appreciate some dumbass making smart *** comments when he doesnt even know what hes talking about.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:16 PM
BigJule
Intermediate

The path taken by OP from the very beginning should have been corrected promptly by no nonsense advice. Whatever sound that is of serious concern means that you have the car towed to a reputable shop for inspection immediately period. Digging on your own with zero clues of what is going on is not the right path.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:22 PM
Bash Hat
Three Wheelin'

Received 414 Likes on 193 Posts

The path taken by OP from the very beginning should have been corrected promptly by no nonsense advice. Whatever sound that is of serious concern means that you have the car towed to a reputable shop for inspection immediately period. Digging on your own with zero clues of what is going on is not the right path.
Fine, but no need to rail on the dude. Show a little sensitivity to someone that has to shell out $30K to keep his car on the road.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:29 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Bronz, don’t listen to the trolls they are not worth your time or any of ours for that matter. Keep us posted on what they find out as they start to dig into the engine. At the end of the day you will have one fantastic car again. Sorry you are going through this. It is all of our nightmares that we may go through the same thing someday. Cheers.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:34 PM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

Bunch of keyboard warriors out here, offering their unsolicited and unnecessary opinions. Let it roll off your back, Bronz. We are rooting for an economical repair and for you to have your 997 back in as little time as possible.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:35 PM
BigJule
Intermediate

Fine, but no need to rail on the dude. Show a little sensitivity to someone that has to shell out $30K to keep his car on the road.
Actually the reason why I initially "chimed in" is because of some pertinent remarks some one made about the full on jump from checking the oil pan to a full rebuild. I would assume and hope that many, many things can be the cause of the issue and that maybe a full rebuild is not the only resort?
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (12-05-2020)
Old 01-17-2019, 08:56 PM
Sporty
Rennlist Member

Received 441 Likes on 283 Posts

You know i'd like to know what all of you critics would have done differently and be specific. Bronz there are a lot worse things - spending $30k-50k on a child failing out of college the first year or having to spend the same $ on a child's rehab or health issues, or having your prostrate removed and having a heart attack and having seven stents put in your late 50's in the same year(good friends of mine) . If Raby rebuilds add some power and upgrades, it stinks having to spend the money if that what it comes down to but at the end of the day you can fix this -some things in life are irreparable. And you can go to sleep at night dreaming about that new FLAT 6 vastly improved engine. Just my 2 cents.
The following users liked this post:
TheUnscented (10-30-2020)

Quick Reply: 997.2 3.8 Engine Failure