997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential trade value

Old 12-27-2018, 05:12 AM
Vincent713
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

How much do you want for your car? I'm in the market for a 911. You can PM me if you want.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:34 PM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks all for the input. I finally got my s together and washed the car and got some good pictures so I can put a for sale thread together. I will drop a link in the 997 forum once done. Happy new year to all!
Old 01-01-2019, 01:56 PM
porscheconvert
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I got low-balled recently at a dealer. 23k for my 2006 997s with 40k miles. Crazy low wholesale values on our cars.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:27 PM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

And this should give the group an idea on what my decision was thanks for all the input again!

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1121974
Old 01-02-2019, 08:15 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

You need WAY more pics.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:26 PM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Iceter
You need WAY more pics.
understood. Craigslist post has 20 pics and I said on both I can send more per request. Had a brutal time uploading pics to the site today.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:25 PM
carguydanny89911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.....I’m one of those fleecing, low balling, dealers you think of, 25+years, and a car guy, 10 or so personal Porsche’s at one time or another
lets assume the Trade In is a late model car, less than 5 years old, I don’t care what brand we are talking about, almost w/out exception none of us can find enough nice trades. The days of stealing trades are almost all gone, there are books, they mean nothing, but they are there, you can look at hundreds of like cars on line to get an idea on asking price, CarMax just opened it’s 200th? Store all of which offer free appraisals.

some real and recent anecdotes;I just bought an 06 C4S Coupe, 36K Miles , 103k MSRP, Tip, full leather, Factory Navi, good tires and brakes, Speed Yellow, 2keys and books, clean CarFax and Auto Check for 35000. I did not negotiate a dollar, car started at 47900....wanna Bet the guy who traded it thought he got fleeced/gypped/low balled. 180 Days later the dealer lost $5000 real money.
There is a 19k mile, 08 C4S Cab, adaptive hard back sport seats, Balsat Blk, Tan In, etc etc, 109k MSRP, gorgeous no pick car, 25 Miles from where I’m typing this, it’s $49xxx, a little high maybe , for sale for almost 6 months, he bought an MB from a neighbor so he didn’t receive a trade in offer, but if he was offered $40,000 six months ago should he have taken it?
There is an 01, 10k mike 4Cab for sale around here as nice as can be, 1 owner , I was offered the car private party for 30k when I was out of town in June, I declined. After months of research and Soul searching I thought the provenance and Miles were enough to forget about it not being an S, it needing an IMS etc. I knew it was still around so I called the original owner, who still had it, to say I’d take it, he now wants $39,000. I bet it remains unsold.
The car I bought was from Porsche of Tacoma,,,,you can still find it on google I bet. The other two are in and around Albaquacky try 50 Miles from 87004. Car Gurus I think for the 08, The 10 mile car was on the Porsche sites. PCA.orgi think

What I’m trying to say is because someone is not offering what you think it’s worth doesn’t mean you’re being fleeced/ripped off/low balled. Offer to put the car on his lot for consignment and if he sells for what you want you’ll pay him $5000, almost no dealers will do that. Why? Because they are afraid of your price being too high and he’ll never sell it, on the other hand offer him $5000 profit on all his cars over 21days old and he’ll take it. Why? Because there aren’t 250 dealers in the country averaging 5000 a copy.....some where in there is the dealers avg profit, recon is so high you would never believe it, a Used Car Dept pays the same or more than customer labor rates. When a private individual sell a car and says it’s perfect, well if it breaks too bad, a dealer has to recondition a car to a standard that the new owner will need NOTHING for six to twelve months
now to your car
list on Porsche enthusiast web site
if that doesn’t work return to stock
go to nearest CarMax, get an appraisal
go to the dealer that has a car you’re interested in get a trade in offer
how does it compare to KMX’s offer, with sales tax credit?
what is it worth to you to go through the hassle to sell on your own
what if you take KMX’s offer add 1500-2000 and list it...you have a nice wholesale price floor , go a little higher than that
most, not all, on line shoppers look for lowest price , hence Car Gurus, and CarFax both having a price comparison tool...Auto Trader amd Cars.com will undoubtedly follow
CarMax probably won’t retail your car as all their cars are less than 10 years old, it will be close, but they do run a mostly weekly dealer only wholesale auction, they have hundreds of thousands of data points to help them assign a value
a Franchised dealer will almost certainly not sell a car as old as yours, Porsche of Colorado Springs comes to mind as an exception, so most dealers will call a wholesaler, get a buy bid, subtract 1000 and pass that on to you...I don’t think that’s low balling

I know there’s a lot here, made more confusing by my iPad keyboard
reach out/PM me with any questions you may have
a ‘no pick’ car sells the fastest for the most money, keep that in mind, the new tires are a huge step in that direction
car guy Danny
Old 01-03-2019, 10:23 AM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter
You need WAY more pics.
...and much better quality. The CL pictures are out of focus. The interior shots are not good angles, and so on. You get one chance to make a first impression. It's a beautiful car, so let it sell itself. A little more time and attention to detail will go a long way to maximizing your gain on it. I'd delete the CL add, and start over. The text is great though - that detail is extremely helpful and shows lots of care for the car. Just make the pictures match the description.

BTW - that's a great price for that car. The mods are good ones, and very tasteful.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:48 AM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by linderpat
...and much better quality. The CL pictures are out of focus. The interior shots are not good angles, and so on. You get one chance to make a first impression. It's a beautiful car, so let it sell itself. A little more time and attention to detail will go a long way to maximizing your gain on it. I'd delete the CL add, and start over. The text is great though - that detail is extremely helpful and shows lots of care for the car. Just make the pictures match the description.

BTW - that's a great price for that car. The mods are good ones, and very tasteful.
Thanks for the feedback Linder...I am working on adding a dropbox link with the high res images (60 or so) but I had a tough go getting them to load on CL or here but I agree and will get better pictures up asap!
Old 01-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

The formatting of the high res images is causing all sorts of upload issues...

Here is a link for dropbox that was updated on the ad here on RL as well as on CL. Thanks again for the feedback hope these pics get a better response!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ohu57jxoz...yCei_063a?dl=0

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Potential trade value