Old 12-19-2018, 09:22 AM
Clubber
Racer

Received 449 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by pcaskey57
Beautiful car!
Thank you my friend.
Originally Posted by lebby83
Great looking car! I want the steering wheel - Aftermarket or OEM?
Reupholstered the OEM leather SW.
Originally Posted by Petza914
The 05 C2S launch car is a diamond in the 997.1 series - excellent options and a replaceable IMS bearing. I've said it before and will again - if I was buying another non-turbo 997 that's what I would actually seek out. Those who don't know the ins and outs of the IMS issues dismiss the early 05s which lowers the acquisition cost, and they don't realize there's k worth of brakes and k in seats in that package either.

Your car looks great and the GT3 rear bumper and BBS wheels will finish it up nicely. Looking forward to the photo shoot pics.

Thank you, looking forward to next mods myself.
Originally Posted by TheBruce
Pete - I remember you saying that. The launch edition I was looking at for a buddy was gone in a day. It was listed for k with 35k miles. I don't think the dealer knew it was a launch edition, but somebody else did. Whats the lifespan on the PCCBs?
Supposedly, lifetime but we'll see
For a street driven car, very likely the life of the car with 1 set of pad changes at some point. Mine have 50,000 miles on them and the rotor surfaces still look brand new and pads are at least half. I would not track a car with them due to the replacement cost. If I tracked my cars, I'd use Rennline's stainless caliper stud kits for the calipers, get some GiroDisc slotted rotors and appropriate track pads and swap them between track events.

I'm a huge PCCB fan and just completed acquiring all the components to retrofit them onto my 09 Widebody Cayenne Turbo S which I'll be doing over Christmas break. On a 5,000 vehicle where the Turbo S rotors are unique and cost each, it will be nice to not have to do a brake job on that car for over 10 years and to get rid of all the dust that happens in the wheels just about immediately.
^ what he said
Originally Posted by Para82
Bingo!
Launch Edition 997S was the car I seeked out it took me 11 months from 2008 and finally in 2009 I found a mint example. Ten years later I still get excited to go look at it in the garage. What a 911. Congrats OP, there are only 300 of these builds.
Thanks 337 as far as I know.
Originally Posted by gulshan
> I am used to far more engagement from my BMW M cars. Hence the switch

I am looking for my first Porsche 997 as well and all the manuals I test drove the clutch really sucked compared to Bmw (for street driving/stop go traffic etc). It just springs back and cannot be feathered easily like bmw. Please let me know your impressions of the clutch .. Is this something we just have to get used to ?( Normal in the Porsche world ?). On my 2007 e92 in really slow traffic once the car gets moving I can let go of both gas and clutch and car will keep crawling at like 5 pmh without stalling. Does the 997 do this ?
It is the charecteristics of these cars. Pedal is rather hard to press too
Originally Posted by kellen
Have thought about the center exhaust myself. Are you going with an aftermarket kit or something else?
Will go for a custom exhaust at my local friends shop so I can tune the sound as I like and not gamble on a aftermarket setup.
Originally Posted by srcn
Congrats!

I may be biased, but Carrera Sports + PCCB's just look perfect.
Thank you, I totally agree.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:39 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,128 Likes on 3,903 Posts

An unusually stiff clutch pedal in an S car is an indicator that the clutch will likely need replacement soon or a slave cylinder issue. My wife's now feels like this so I have a clutch in the parts cabinet.

The clutch in my 05 is perfect. Not too soft, not too stiff and very progressive.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:56 AM
Clubber
Racer

An unusually stiff clutch pedal in an S car is an indicator that the clutch will likely need replacement soon or a slave cylinder issue. My wife's now feels like this so I have a clutch in the parts cabinet.

The clutch in my 05 is perfect. Not too soft, not too stiff and very progressive.
That must be it. Although I didn't feel any slippage between redline ****s. We'll see soon
Old 12-21-2018, 01:51 AM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful.

I agree with your assessment. I made a similar change, though 997.2 C2S PDK PASM to a 997.2 C2S 6 speed with S-PASM and LSD and couldn't be happier.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:20 AM
Clubber
Racer

Originally Posted by rw229
Beautiful.

I agree with your assessment. I made a similar change, though 997.2 C2S PDK PASM to a 997.2 C2S 6 speed with S-PASM and LSD and couldn't be happier.
Manual transmission really adds soul to these cars IMO.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:02 AM
Flat_Six_
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Clubber, the ducktail you put on your GTS was a great looking mod. Do you know if that would fit a 997.1? Who did you go through for that?
Old 12-25-2018, 01:28 AM
project_alpha
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car. Enjoy!
Old 12-25-2018, 08:38 AM
Clubber
Racer

Originally Posted by Flat_Six_
Clubber, the ducktail you put on your GTS was a great looking mod. Do you know if that would fit a 997.1? Who did you go through for that?
Thanks. Not that exact ducktail but the same company (Getty Design) makes one for 997.1 with different openings etc.
Originally Posted by project_alpha
Nice car. Enjoy!
Thank you my friend. I intend to.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:24 AM
FutureClassic
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats and cool to see you on Rennlist! I was a big fan of your GTS, but can sympathize about craving the MT. That launch edition is something special. Looking forward to following the build progress!
Old 12-25-2018, 12:38 PM
Flat_Six_
Racer

Originally Posted by Clubber
Thanks. Not that exact ducktail but the same company (Getty Design) makes one for 997.1 with different openings etc.
Thank you!
Old 12-26-2018, 02:07 PM
ocgarza
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts

Very nice! Look forward to any future upgrades.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:57 PM
Steve 911
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 118 Posts

Love it. Your old one was a great car, can't wait to see what you do with this one!
Old 12-27-2018, 07:03 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

I’m really glad you started a new thread for this car. Your IG content is fantastic. The Sport Classic ethos of your GTS will continue once the repair/paint of your ducktail is finished. The stripes are already on order!
Old 12-28-2018, 07:34 AM
Clubber
Racer

Originally Posted by FutureClassic
Congrats and cool to see you on Rennlist! I was a big fan of your GTS, but can sympathize about craving the MT. That launch edition is something special. Looking forward to following the build progress!
Thanks a lot. Yeah, MT is a game changer, very very pleased with the new ride.
Originally Posted by Flat_Six_

Thank you!
You're welcome.
Originally Posted by ocgarza
Very nice! Look forward to any future upgrades.
Thanks.
Originally Posted by Steve 911
Love it. Your old one was a great car, can't wait to see what you do with this one!
Thank you, stay tuned, nice things to come.
Originally Posted by nwGTS
I’m really glad you started a new thread for this car. Your IG content is fantastic. The Sport Classic ethos of your GTS will continue once the repair/paint of your ducktail is finished. The stripes are already on order!
Thank you Nate.

Looking forward to see your GTS with the ducktail. Did you go for matt black stripes ?
Old 12-28-2018, 12:57 PM
Flat_Six_
Racer

Clubber, what is your Instagram @? I'd like to follow along and see your photos.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 997 C2S Launch Edition Journal