Seat Wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 11:02 PM
ThomasShawn
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Seat Wiring question

997 turbo with 12 way seats
having some issues with my passenger airbag and thorax airbag on driver's side. digging in I found that while with previous owner the dealership "solved" the issues by cutting out the plugs because they said they had loose connections.
obviously that didn't solve the issue.

I'd like to take those variables out of the picture by replacing the plugs with the OEM plugs. this is the ideal situation but while I source these items I'd like to verify wiring as well.

So I'd like to
A) confirm wiring is correct. I have a wiring diagram (found on internet) but if I'm reading it correctly it shows one side but not the other. (attached it)
B) replace the plugs- need to source them from dismantler or other sources I assume

I have found a few places on ebay and elsewhere that sell the harness from the car to the seat but I'm not seeing anyone who sells the plugs on the seat side. The only way I've seen those is in a whole seat assembly. something like this

but I also need the seat side as well

currently mine look like this

I'd like to confirm this part is correct. honestly if it is I don't NEED the plugs but might make things easier

that's where the large yellow and small black/red plug belong

and on the driver's side they did this

and on the passenger airbag occupancy sensor they did something very similar
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
2007 Turbo seat Right.pdf (110.6 KB, 88 views)
Old 11-15-2018, 02:07 PM
ThomasShawn
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is the end I’m looking for. Is there a way to get this end without ordering new seats?

Quick Reply: Seat Wiring question