Sponsored by:

Carrera to Turbo front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 02:02 AM
gargamel647
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carrera to Turbo front bumper

Gentlemen! Six months ago I purchased a turbo front bumper off a 2011. I have a 2009 Carrera S and have been planning to see if a conversion was possible. After talking with the local Porsche dealership and ordering parts I was missing, it decided to get started. The local dealer told me that my harness on my car should be plug and play. I had a few things to change such as the headlight washer. I sent out the bumper to be painted. I finally have it back and installed it a few weeks. I did find that the bumper harnesses were different. The connector for the DRL/flashers/marker lights that connects to the main harness has a six pin connector on the Carrera. The turbo has a 8 pin connector. Also the fog lights are not supported on the Carrera main harness. I did pull the schematics from both cars and did rewire the turbo bumper harness to make the lights work but I get lighting errors. After hours of searching for an answer, if have come to you guys for help. Has anyone here attempted this swap or can lead me to a product that has a conversion harness. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Old 11-12-2018, 09:02 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

Car looks Great. Someone else did do this swap before as I remember seeing it either here or on 6speed - the car was grey and maybe in Atlanta if I'm remembering it correctly, but it might have been a .1 car rather than a .2. Maybe you can find the thread.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:44 AM
yvesvidal
Pro

Received 119 Likes on 69 Posts

There was such conversion described on 6-Speed, but I think it was for a 997.1. For that car, the wiring harness had to be replaced, if I remember correctly.
The modified vehicle was a black convertible.

Yves
Old 11-12-2018, 01:47 PM
gargamel647
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did see that thread. I reached out to the OP on the 6speed thread but his vehicle is a little different. His harness was the same as the Turbo one from the factory. All he did was add the resistors for LED. I did do that but it still gives an error code unfortunately.
Old 06-01-2023, 01:30 AM
dibo
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I'm dredging up the past here, but I may be tackling this job sooner than later, and it's not too late to abort this mission.. did you ever figure this out?
Old 06-02-2023, 01:37 PM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I put the turbo front end on my cab. You have to re-pin the connectors to work, the wires are the same. I just bought generic 4 pin male/female connectors and connected them. Then you need to recode the lights to LED via PIWIS/Durametric. Coding is in the FRONT module.

Quick Reply: Carrera to Turbo front bumper