Gundo - Orlando area - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 07:09 AM
mackdawg
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Gundo - Orlando area - HELP!

Hey everyone,

I have been in the big debacle over doing a Gundo hack on my stock cans (997.2 c2 w/out PSE), vs. a set of Sharkwerks crossovers. I have PDK and the stock sound leaves more to be desired. I have read on the various threads that the Gundo is a great place to start, and that mod alone could satisfy my need for that more Porsche sound. Any recommendations on a good shop or any Rennlisters in the Orlando area that has done it? Any feedback or recommendations would be great!

I am in the Cental Florida area and have not been able to find a decent shop that has either heard of the Gundo, or can’t do it.

Thanks in advance!!!

CM
Old 10-24-2018, 07:21 AM
JCGMS
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

From a strictly Gundo standpoint, any random muffler shop should be able to do it. I just showed them a picture of the hack from here on Rennlist, and specified the diameter of the pipe (don't remember, it was about 7 years ago). The harder part for them may be figuring out how to get the mufflers off. If I recall, they had to consult with my Indy on some part of the process.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:28 AM
seigniorage
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven’t had it done, but someone from Drivers choice chimed in on this thread & said they can do it

I have the sharkwerks with PSE & it’s ideal for me...quite in my neighborhood, louder when not

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...undo-hack.html
Old 10-25-2018, 10:30 AM
Lowcountry
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Fister makes it nice and easy. Quality products and excellent customer service. https://fdmotorsports.net/
Old 10-25-2018, 10:50 AM
Vipertag313
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by seigniorage
someone from Drivers choice chimed in on this thread & said they can do it

Yep that's Muffler Mike who's next door to Drivers Choice. I've seen 4 "fister" jobs from him all have quality welds. Not too expensive either. I've had him do Gundo and Fister mods for me.. go Fister its the better sound
Old 10-25-2018, 10:51 AM
mackdawg
Intermediate

Thanks for the input! I think PSE with the Sharkwerks bypass would be ideal for the sound of what I am looking for...that alluring quiet growl that you get in the low range RPM’s, enticing you to open her up and let her fierceness be heard. It’s like the sound needs to match what is underneath. Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with the Fister setup?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-25-2018, 02:09 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by mackdawg
Thanks for the input! I think PSE with the Sharkwerks bypass would be ideal for the sound of what I am looking for...that alluring quiet growl that you get in the low range RPM’s, enticing you to open her up and let her fierceness be heard. It’s like the sound needs to match what is underneath. Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with the Fister setup?

Thanks in advance!
Here's a gundo plus center bypass video.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...***-video.html
Old 10-25-2018, 03:08 PM
mackdawg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vipertag313
Yep that's Muffler Mike who's next door to Drivers Choice. I've seen 4 "fister" jobs from him all have quality welds. Not too expensive either. I've had him do Gundo and Fister mods for me.. go Fister its the better sound
Thanks for the recommendation. Definitely a sigh of relief to know that you've used several times and he's reputable. Any idea of what he charges? Much appreciated!
Old 10-25-2018, 04:14 PM
JCGMS
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vipertag313
What's the difference between Gundo and Fister? I always thought Fister was basically a Gundo.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:15 PM
Ptech1
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by mackdawg
Thanks for the recommendation. Definitely a sigh of relief to know that you've used several times and he's reputable. Any idea of what he charges? Much appreciated!
"Hotrod" Mike charges $400 total for our clients, and that includes R&R. We used to remove and hand over to him, but he's getting good at completing the entire job and fabricating other Porsche work for us (let alone the 6 figure custom builds he does for a living).

Here's a set of custom tips he made for my M&M Race Exhaust in order to beat dB levels at certain tracks as an example, flared and all. Gundo or Fister, he's done both several times.
Feel free to contact us to set it up!

Simon
Driver's Choice Motors
Old 10-30-2018, 04:22 PM
Kinnebrew Motors
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simon,
Do you have any suggestions for a 2010 Panamera Turbo with a standard exhaust? Is it just too quiet for the majority of our clients. I don't want anything crazy, but something that sounds better would be nice.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:32 PM
Ptech1
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinnebrew Motors
Simon,
Do you have any suggestions for a 2010 Panamera Turbo with a standard exhaust? Is it just too quiet for the majority of our clients. I don't want anything crazy, but something that sounds better would be nice.
Unfortunately, unlike the 911s, there is no easy way to partially bypass the mufflers due to the layout of the system itself. I have seen some modified mufflers on Cayennes (single unit), but not Panameras (individual mufflers). Best bet is to find a used system, or we can always shop a reasonable system for you if need be.

Quick Reply: Gundo - Orlando area - HELP!