Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How To Install Aluminum Sport Foot Rest 997.551.986.00?

Old 10-21-2018, 12:51 AM
fat_louis
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To Install Aluminum Sport Foot Rest 997.551.986.00?

Hi Everyone
Do people have tips on how to remove the plastic foot rest in a 997.2?
I am looking at the Porsche Exclusive Manufactur "aluminum" foot rest that I just had to have.
I don't want to break any tabs.
There are three tabs on the new piece. Two on the bottom and one on the top.
They all seem to slide in from the top down.
Any ideas how to knock plastic piece upwards enough so I can grab it from the top of the foot rest and yank it out the rest of the way?
Has anyone done this? I don't want to snap any of the tabs as they look flimsy.
Tried with a flathead screwdriver on the bottom of the pedal but no luck so far.
Thanks
Fat Louis
Old 10-21-2018, 02:02 PM
nosnow
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a trim removal tool and pry UP on the bottom of the pad. It will be hard, I rocked the tool while applying pressure and it popped.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:00 AM
fat_louis
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Option Code XXZ Footrest P/N 997.551.986.00 Installation Instructions

Just wanted to follow up.
If you look carefully on the underside of the dead pedal, there is a set of sawteeth molded into the plastic.
This, I assume is to keep the dead pedal from riding off and coming off.
It looks like it grips the carpet and resists upward motion of your foot.
From what I figured out from doing some web research, you can grab the right edge of the dead pedal (reverse if you have RHD) and pull up slightly with your fingers.
Then with your other hand, push up on the bottom of the pedal and the three clips that attach to the body of the car will slide up and off.
Installing the new dead pedal just involves positioning the three tabs on the rear of the sport dead pedal and pushing down.
My neurotic self likes that all three pedals in the footwell match, but it is a little too subtle and maybe not worth the money.

Option Code XXZ Footrest

Stock black piece and aluminum trim footrest look identical from back but stock piece plastic looks a little shinier but aluminum piece you can see when the aluminum frame is crimped on.

Sawtooth pattern locks footrest into carpet and prevents footrest from detaching upward during spirited foot resting.

You can see how the three clips fit into the body of the car. Slide your fingers in halfway up the right side to disengage the plastic sawteeth from the pile and push up from the bottom of the pedal with your free hand.

Very subtle. Not sure if it is worth the money, but note that the 991 cars had this piece standard but would like to sell you the full aluminum set instead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: