Sponsored by:

need help assessing value - 07 Porsche 911 4S V-GT Carrera 997.1

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 01:47 PM
cunderwood
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default need help assessing value - 07 Porsche 911 4S V-GT Carrera 997.1

I'm looking to get into my first Pcar, and stumbled across this - an 07 4S with a Vorsteiner body kit. Mileage is 14,600, looks to be in good shape.
I've had a big turbo coyote (1200+hp), E92 M3 DCT car, Gen III Viper, and a couple others, but this would be my first porsche. close friend has a few generations of 911's, most notably an 1100HP 997t, a 1600hp 996t, and a cherry 993t, so i've been in them and love them, just never owned one because of the 'porsche tax'.

I'm curious on what the forum thinks the value of this car is/could be, and what I should potentially offer, if it checks out. Here's the listing details:

Porsche 911 4S V-GT Carrera 997.1 with UPGRADED VORSTEINER BODY KIT; GT3 FRONT CARBON TUNE, 6 Speed, loaded.
Upgraded 20' Maya wheels, GT3 front bumper, with carbon fiber lip, carbon fiber rear wing spoiler, carbon fiber engine air box, rear carbon fiber diffuser, lowered sprigs.
Sport Chrono Package Plus, Sport Exhaust, Navigation, Bose High End Sound Package, Power seat Package, Heated Front Seats, Self Dimming Mirrors, Full Leather, Porsche Crest in Headrest, Gear Level & Handbreak Aluminum.
Almost every factory option, clear full front bra and tinted all windows. Very rare color combo Exterior Color: Meteor Grey Metallic. Interior Color: Black/Stone Grey.
This car drives amazing and turns heads everywhere you go. No accidents

or stories, original paint, original mats, two keys and books, never been smoked in. Car is in excellent condition with minimum signs of wear. Always garaged. No accidents or events.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:48 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

That would be the perfect whip for me.
But with your HP history? Isn't this car going to lake the zip you're used too?
I'm not in as much of a hurry as I used to be. 3-4oo Hp is perfect.
I can't handle the B00M factor of non-stock.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:04 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a good looking car. My opinion...not a fan of the 20"s and they are tucked in too far, but that's an easy fix. As Big smoke said, this is way low on HP compared to what you mention. I get beat at stoplights by a lot of cars, but at least I know I can out handle them at 95 mph Which doesn't mean much in NJ unless your at the track.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:12 PM
cunderwood
Advanced

the wheels would definitely be swapped for something more fitting.
I think at this point in my life, i'm past the 'big HP' stuff, and just want something that is a driving experience, complete with the right feel, and noises.
350Hp would likely be fine, since it seems like you cant hardly use the higher power most places anyways. This car would see a little track duty as well.

He has it listed at 35K. what are the thoughts on that? I'm wondering if it'll hold value a reasonable amount, or drop because of the body kit, which is definitely an acquired taste.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:15 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think that your price would be about the same as an 07 without bodywork. It does have very low mileage. I love the bodywork, but that's just me. There are others on the site that know way better than me about values, so I am sure they will chime in. To me, 35K doesn't sound so bad for a super clean car. Resale depends on if you find the next buyer who also likes that bodywork. .
Old 10-16-2018, 04:20 PM
ogun228
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Your big issue is going to be the maintenance on non-Porsche bits
as well as the longevity of these parts. The 997 is practically bullet proof if you except the IMS bit.
Will this iteration last to 100k miles without major issues? Cost of maintaining the Vorsteiner? Weekend car or DD?
Old 10-16-2018, 04:36 PM
cunderwood
Advanced

welp, just found the car listed at a dealership, and apparently the initial ad i found was a scam ad.
was thinking at the listed price....would be a good pick up i could drive for free for a bit.

damn!
Old 10-16-2018, 04:43 PM
cannonball05
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

35K is a hell of a deal for that mileage....which raises the question why? Its 5K below KBB value with a good rating. Looks good but looks can be deceiving. The front bumper looks a be a shade color off but that could just be the picture. Only way to know for sure is to get a PPI with the cylinders scoped. If everything checks out, go for it. I would. …. Get the Carfax as well.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:46 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,427 Likes on 2,700 Posts

That car is not Meteor Grey - It is Atlas Grey
Old 10-16-2018, 10:09 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by cannonball05
35K is a hell of a deal for that mileage....which raises the question why? I
As he mentioned, the $35k was from a scam ad. The car is actually listed at a dealer for $70k firm

http://greenlitemotors.com/porsche/1...300-miles.html
Old 10-17-2018, 09:02 AM
cannonball05
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

70K is insanely overpriced.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

The legitimate ad for that car at $70k is $20k too high, even with the super low mileage. Also, the front bumper is the Vorsteiner VGT bumper that goes with the rear decklid and wing, not a GT3 bumper as the ad states. It's odd they didn't also do the matching rear bumper, but instead just bought the add-on rear diffuser, as I think that looks odd with the US regulation bumper warts (the full bumper option deletes these for the European look). The rear diffuser was offered in both CF and Fiberglass and it looks like it's painted to match the bumper, so I wonder if it's actually the Fiberglass version and not the CF version. As someone else stated, the color match on the front bumper is perfect either.

These are the same bumpers we have on my wife's pink car, but opted to go for the TT rear decklid instead, as the GT wing was a bit much for her using it as a DD. Makes it a little unique and we like the more aggressive look

That front CF lip is also ridiculously fragile. I bought these bumpers used off of 6speed for I think about $2,000 then sold her OEM ones for a couple hundred apiece. The front CF piece was cracked, so we trashed that and opted not to install anything lower since it's her DD and the extra clearance is of more benefit. I made her a plexiglass plate that mounts under the front bumper if she does scrape on anything to protect the structure of the fiberglass bumper itself. Assuming the rear decklid is fairly expensive, I think the net increase in cost from the VGT kit is probably only $3,000. It is pretty rare though and no longer being manufactured, so maybe that's part of it, plus you'll need to have them painted, but you'd have to do the same with an OEM GT3 bumper too.

Wheels are too big with too little sidewall and too early 2000s so you'd be looking at a few grand to get those changed out too. It does have some nice other features like the full power adaptive sport seats, but there is significant bolster wear on the driver's side. Also looks to have Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE), but combined with Sport Chrono (also present), there is no way to have the exhaust in sport mode with the engine mapping in Normal mode (which I actually prefer for throttle modulation on my wife's SC equipped car). You can soften the suspension back to normal with PASM button after hitting the Sport buttion, but there is not a separate PSE button when the Sport button (for SC) is present.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:38 AM
cunderwood
Advanced

70K is far too high for that car, which I explained to the sales woman when she called me asking if I'd like to make an offer. I explained about the parts on the car, which she knew very little about, and how i'd be interested at a much lower number, but at 70K, she'd have a tough time moving it.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:31 PM
Lowcountry
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Ooof, that body kit and wheels are very, very bad.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:28 PM
jfort
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default An Atlas Gray fan, too

My son has it now so I get to see it every day. I moved on to a 997.2 turbo dark blue metallic. Life is good.

Last edited by jfort; 03-25-2024 at 09:30 PM.

Quick Reply: need help assessing value - 07 Porsche 911 4S V-GT Carrera 997.1