Sponsored by:

2007 C4S Update

Old 10-12-2018, 12:49 AM
norcalccd
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 2007 C4S Update

Hello All,
First of all I really have enjoyed this forum. I've always been a Porsche fan and finally pulled the trigger on this C4S several months ago. Reading some of the posts and watching Youtube videos have given me a lot of ideas. Originally when i purchased this vehicle i was thrilled with everything but the Lobster's. I had a connection and was able to get the wheels painted Satin black at no charge. My thoughts were I had nothing to lose. If I liked them I'd keep them, if I didn't like them I would purchase different wheels. So here is what I've done in the last three months. Please chime in and give me your opinions and next step suggestions.
1- Eibach Springs- Left the suspension components stock. I am amazed on how the car rides like stock. No bump stop noises or additional suspension noises.
2- Full Alignment- Glad I did that as it was way out of specifications
3- Clear front lens- didn't like the orange and it was an easy fix
4-RSS spacers 15mm front and Rear
5-Lobsters Painted Satin black. No cost to me it was just a test. Not sure if i like it yet
6- LLumar- Window Tint
7- Fister Muffler bypass- So far my favorite modification. Sounds amazing

Now the future. I ordered an Aerokit front bumper. Now i am nervous it will drag and get damaged easily. Still considering some AM wheels. Looking at HRE P101 but they are so expensive. Also the other spectrum was looking at Stark BC. Not sure if I will like those. I like the GT3 cart style wing but not sure if its too much for the car. Llumar stone guards. Might try to install this weekend.
The big thing is to find a bluetooth / Streaming music option. I love the bose system and don't want to trade out the factory set up.
Not a photographer but took a couple quick snaps. Again, please share your thoughts

This is what I started with

Current with springs, spacers, tint

Looks aggressive to me

Old 10-12-2018, 01:11 AM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,003 Likes on 377 Posts

First, welcome to the club. I'm digging your satin black lobsters. Your car looks great. Totally changes the character of the car, in a good way. I was thinking of going with an aerokit front bumper but was concerned it would sit too low. So I decided to get a lip from Maxton Design. It is an add-on to the stock bumper. I think it looks sweet and it sits a little higher than the aerokit bumper, IMO. ECS Tuning is the NA distributor for this lip and it costs about $180, which isn't bad and a lot cheaper than an aerokit. The only downside is that it takes a couple months to import to the US. I will post pics when I have it installed. This is is a photo from the Maxton site:

Old 10-12-2018, 01:25 AM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had the lobsters and they weren't my favorites. The painted black look good. Congrats on your purchase.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:43 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by norcalccd
Hello All,
First of all I really have enjoyed this forum. I've always been a Porsche fan and finally pulled the trigger on this C4S several months ago. Reading some of the posts and watching Youtube videos have given me a lot of ideas. Originally when i purchased this vehicle i was thrilled with everything but the Lobster's. I had a connection and was able to get the wheels painted Satin black at no charge. My thoughts were I had nothing to lose. If I liked them I'd keep them, if I didn't like them I would purchase different wheels. So here is what I've done in the last three months. Please chime in and give me your opinions and next step suggestions.
1- Eibach Springs- Left the suspension components stock. I am amazed on how the car rides like stock. No bump stop noises or additional suspension noises.
2- Full Alignment- Glad I did that as it was way out of specifications
3- Clear front lens- didn't like the orange and it was an easy fix
4-RSS spacers 15mm front and Rear
5-Lobsters Painted Satin black. No cost to me it was just a test. Not sure if i like it yet
6- LLumar- Window Tint
7- Fister Muffler bypass- So far my favorite modification. Sounds amazing

Now the future. I ordered an Aerokit front bumper. Now i am nervous it will drag and get damaged easily. Still considering some AM wheels. Looking at HRE P101 but they are so expensive. Also the other spectrum was looking at Stark BC. Not sure if I will like those. I like the GT3 cart style wing but not sure if its too much for the car. Llumar stone guards. Might try to install this weekend.
The big thing is to find a bluetooth / Streaming music option. I love the bose system and don't want to trade out the factory set up.
Not a photographer but took a couple quick snaps. Again, please share your thoughts

This is what I started with

Current with springs, spacers, tint

Looks aggressive to me

First off, congratulations. You've done just about everything I've done with the three 997's I've owned except keeping the stock wheels and going Eibach instead of H&R. Not a fan of the lobsters but I like them better in black than silver. The high quality AM forged wheels are expensive (HRE, Forgeline, Champion, BBS etc), double or three times the cost of the cast options out there but they're much lighter, much stronger and the finish will probably outlast the car. I personally wouldn't put $400 cast wheels made in China on these cars no matter how good they look in the pictures. Oh.....another mod that's become one of my favorites is to customize the steering wheel. You keep the stock wheel but you can specify thickness, material and stitching. Makes a huge difference since it's in your hands and in your face every minute you're in the car. The stock wheel feels a bit wimpy for my rather large hands and the leather on the slippery/cheap side. So I've had two wheels modified so far. Pictures attached. Also attached links to the two outfits I'm aware of that do this kind of work.

http://www.dctms.com/product_ST_PCH_997_987.html

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/sw1.htm

Old 10-12-2018, 04:26 AM
140.6er
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrats on a beautiful 997. The black lobsters look great.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:52 AM
LISsailor
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 84 Posts

The ride height is much improved. I’ve never been one to lower any car, but in stock-form these cars have too much wheel gap. Yours looks great!
Old 10-12-2018, 11:38 AM
norcalccd
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Really appreciate all the comments and suggestions. The bad news is I’m now searching for a new steering wheel.
Please keep the suggestions and comments coming.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:41 PM
HardParked
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my first mods was LED tail lights and swapping out all the interior lights for LEDs
Old 10-12-2018, 03:05 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,413 Likes on 2,688 Posts

Welcome to the C4S Club!
Old 10-12-2018, 03:20 PM
repguyMN
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome from one newbie to another! Great choice on year and color You have done mods that are on my list so thanks for sharing!
Old 10-13-2018, 01:32 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by norcalccd
Really appreciate all the comments and suggestions. The bad news is I’m now searching for a new steering wheel.
Please keep the suggestions and comments coming.
If you look to buy a whole new wheel you'll be out about $1,000 from Suncoast. If you customize as mentioned earlier you can get away with less than half that as long as they have a wheel like yours and you do a core exchange.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:47 AM
ill250
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice C4S, its coming along nicely. Which shop did you take it to for your spring install? I'm looking to lower mine

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 C4S Update