Sponsored by:

Lumbar support problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 12:29 PM
jlkline
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lumbar support problem

My lower lumbar bladder does not seem to hold air.The pump seems to inflate / deflate the bladders fine, but the lower deflates in a couple of minutes with the pressure of my back when driving.

I checked it for leaks with some soapy water, but didn't find anything. Is there a valve in the pump that might be leaking? are the pumps as easily accessible changeable as the bladder appears to be?

The bag is about 200 bucks, so I didn't want to replace it if it is not the culprit, obviously.

Thx.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:13 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Same here.............
Old 10-08-2018, 09:49 AM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Subscribed for a writeup on how to tear into the seats to fix the lumbar pump/switches!
Old 04-03-2019, 11:43 AM
Roger997.2
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody ever find anything on how to get to the switches/relays? My driver's side doesn't deflate. There is no relay click when the 4 way switch is taken to the deflate position. You can hear relay on the passenger side plain as day. It's up in the headrest. Anybody?
Old 04-03-2019, 12:51 PM
gtvr6
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Subscribed

I have been looking for some sort of write-up on this. My switches don't seem to function properly on the drivers side. I hear them click some times, I hear it fill with air other times, but the buttons don't seem to follow logic. I've lived with it but would love to hear if anyone has dived into the Lumber control switches and have any thoughts.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:59 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Just a bump on this one. We are having rainy days here in Texas and I want to work on something. My drivers seat inflates and deflates just fine, except it will not hold air for longer than about 20 minutes. Would like to fix it for fun, but mine is a daily and even in the rain I want to keep driving it.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:48 AM
MGio
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same, any have how to info if the bladder inflates but does not hold air? I assume bladder needs to be replaced?
Old 07-27-2021, 09:55 PM
scadams
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 120 Posts

So I've got the same problem. My lower doesn't inflate and the upper doesn't hold air for long. It's only an issue for the driver's side. Passenger works fine. I used PIWIS to test the upper and lower lumbar support on the seat and it passed. My guess is that it just tests the control valve. The control valve is up near the top of the backrest. That leads down the left side to the adjustment motor on the left side of the backrest and down the right side down to the two bladders. I looked at doing this but taking apart the backrest to get to all this stuff requires 8 or so workshop procedures. It's not for the faint-hearted. If you're patient, have a lot of time on your hands, and have no fear removing the leather covers and cushioning, it can be done. But you WILL want the Workshop Manual to guide you.

Since it passed the PIWIS test, my guess is that it's likely an issue with the bladders leaking, which just so happens to be the absolute biggest PITA to get to.

Quick Reply: Lumbar support problem