Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody heard of a 140,000 service?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 04:50 PM
Carerra
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anybody heard of a 140,000 service?

2010 Carrera S Cab 134,000 miles manual (997.2)

I did everything on the 120,000 service. My dealer sent me a friendly reminder about a 140,000 service. Anybody know what is in a 140,000 mile service? The book I have stops at 120,000.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:15 PM
paulfdunn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a link to a dealer who has the maintenance schedules posted: https://www.porscheofsanantonio.com/...e-schedule.htm
Old 10-03-2018, 06:03 PM
php
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

997.2 with over 130k miles. Love it! How much longer do you plan to keep the current car? Any major issues so far?
Old 10-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Carerra
Instructor

Originally Posted by php
997.2 with over 130k miles. Love it! How much longer do you plan to keep the current car? Any major issues so far?
So far so good. I bought it two years ago with 92K. There was an extensive service record in carfax. It had been driven but well maintained, except the leather was pretty beat up. I spent a chunk of my career in the leather manufacturing industry, so I was able to bring that back to life. (I almost said I spent a chunk of my career in leather, but I was afraid that would be misinterpreted)

It had some plugged drains that ruined the audio amp and shorted the battery, but the dealer fixed that before I bought it (my 3rd party inspector found it).

I occasionally (usually) get durametric readings that there is something wrong with the catalytic converters, but I am not going to drop the price of a decent used car to fix something until it is really needed. This is aggravated when I hit a bump, which makes me think it is some kind of broken wire or loose connection.

The muffler bolts are rusted horribly. I can't bring myself to start the process of cutting parts off of it to fix it, so I paid to have the plugs changed and the clutch bled, which can be done without removing the muffler if you know what you are doing.

Other than that, I do the routine maintenance religiously.

I drive it long distances through the rural South, so I added a collapsible spare to my travel gear.

I really like the car. It makes speed a non factor in everything but law. However, I understand why Richard (Hamster) Hammond likes it better than Jeremy (the gangly orangutan) Clarkson. I spent some time in Germany. They drive them like cars instead of hoarding them like toys. I do not plan to sell it, therefore resale value is not a concern. But I am hesitant to say this because when I said that about my BMW 335, it was totaled as I sat at a red light later that day.

Thanks for asking.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:56 PM
Carerra
Instructor

Originally Posted by paulfdunn
Here is a link to a dealer who has the maintenance schedules posted: https://www.porscheofsanantonio.com/...e-schedule.htm
Thanks!

It looks like it is a routine check.

Quick Reply: Anybody heard of a 140,000 service?