Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 911 Tiptronic is locked in Park.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 06:05 PM
TLChilton
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 911 Tiptronic is locked in Park.

My 2007 911 Tiptronic is stuck/locked in Park. I need to get the car to shop to install new shift cable and probably shift solenoid switch. Brake switch works ok.
Where is the shifter release button?
Any Help Appreciated
Old 10-02-2018, 11:45 PM
ronvanr
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I was having difficulties switching gears via the gear selector (tiptronic) My car is at the dealership now, having the shift cable and solenoid switch replaced. Mine would not shift gears when the temperature outside was hot, and on cool days it would shift without any problems. Try in the morning when the temps are cooler?? Best of luck.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Though I don't have a Tip, I'm pretty sure in your manual there are instructions on how to mechanically override the shift lever lock.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:07 PM
TLChilton
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift lever stuck in Park

Thanks Guys,
I searched the manual and not luck. Internet search indicated could remove the Gear Shift lever cover and with a screwdriver mover the lever on the solenoid over and shift in to neutral. Then you can at least roll the car if nothing else is the problem. You would think Porsche would have made an easier way. I inquired at the dealer and they told me there was not a way to manually override the locked in park situation. They did not even tell me about the process I mentioned above. But then I have not tried, so I do not know if works for sure. I will let you know either way.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:21 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

The reason I thought there was a manual override is because the Tip in my Cayenne has one. Not sure if you have something similar in the 997 or not, but here are the Cayenne instructions from the Manual if you want to poke around.

Also, have you pulled off the shifter **** to see if there's a problem with the release button actuating the release on the gear lever. There are 3 conditions that have to be met to be able to shift out of part
  1. Key in the ignition and turned
  2. Foot on the brake
  3. Button on shifter pressed
How do you know the switch on the brake pedal is functioning correctly - there could also be more than one switch. On the 997s there are two switches on the clutch pedal - maybe there are on the Tip equipped brake pedal too - one for the lights and another for transmission release, cruise control deactivation, accelerator pedal override, etc)

Quick Reply: 07 911 Tiptronic is locked in Park.