Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the Cocoa interior in there 997?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 06:22 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone have the Cocoa interior in there 997?

Going to look at a 2011 911 S on Tuesday in Carrera White with the Cocoa interior. Car is listed on this site and is in San Diego. When I looked up example pictures of it online, every photo showed it looking a little different.

So, anybody out there have the Cocoa? Do you like it? Have any pictures you think showing it as it actually looks?

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:02 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,426 Likes on 2,699 Posts

I'm not ******* Cocoa interior but you will have tougher time selling when the time comes. Brown, red interiors are tough sell and much smaller audience.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:25 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal RJ
Going to look at a 2011 911 S on Tuesday in Carrera White with the Cocoa interior. Car is listed on this site and is in San Diego. When I looked up example pictures of it online, every photo showed it looking a little different.

So, anybody out there have the Cocoa? Do you like it? Have any pictures you think showing it as it actually looks?

Thanks.
You used to post up a lot when you had your cab. Good to see you're back in a 997. Ping @qikqbn, I think he has cocoa interior on his 997.

At the end of the day, it's your choice. IMO, I've seen cocoa in a silver 997 and did not like it at all; instant deal breaker.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:25 PM
apperception
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Seal Grey/Cocoa and love it!

This is, of course, a question of personal preference. I really like the Cocoa. While adding nothing in performance, it's nice to get in the car and have that feeling that it is a special car.
I wouldn't think it would be a problem like bright red, but maybe so. To me, it's more "handsome" than sand beige, grey, or black.
Buy something you really like.

Larry in Georgia

Old 09-21-2018, 07:43 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
You used to post up a lot when you had your cab. Good to see you're back in a 997. Ping @qikqbn, I think he has cocoa interior on his 997.

At the end of the day, it's your choice. IMO, I've seen cocoa in a silver 997 and did not like it at all; instant deal breaker.
Thanks. Yes, decided to get back in the game.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:44 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by apperception
This is, of course, a question of personal preference. I really like the Cocoa. While adding nothing in performance, it's nice to get in the car and have that feeling that it is a special car.
I wouldn't think it would be a problem like bright red, but maybe so. To me, it's more "handsome" than sand beige, grey, or black.
Buy something you really like.

Larry in Georgia
Thanks. I am really looking forward to seeing it in person.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:28 PM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 493 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal RJ
...anybody out there have the Cocoa? Do you like it? Have any pictures you think showing it as it actually looks?
Indeed I do and I really like it. But it's not for everyone, so you definitely need to put your own eyeballs on it.

As regards pictures, there's always variation in sunlight, color balance, etc. These photos of my car show what it looks like on an overcast day:

In brighter sunlight, it's lighter in tone. This photo from a Sport Classic interior is pretty good representation:

The average (depending on light conditions) is somewhere in between.

Karl.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:34 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wjk_glynn
Indeed I do and I really like it. But it's not for everyone, so you definitely need to put your own eyeballs on it.

As regards pictures, there's always variation in sunlight, color balance, etc. These photos of my car show what it looks like on an overcast day:

In brighter sunlight, it's lighter in tone. This photo from a Sport Classic interior is pretty good representation:

The average (depending on light conditions) is somewhere in between.

Karl.
Thanks for those.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:14 AM
Rampage
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

I guess I fall in the minority that likes it!

I was specifically looking for a 997 that didn't have black or sand beige (which is tough). Either cocoa or natural brown was my preference.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:46 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

I test drove a boxster with cocoa interior and it is a gorgeous color. Especially paired with the right exterior like cream, white or some of the gray /silver shades. It seems rich and luxurious. Definitely have to see if in person.
Good luck.
T
Old 09-22-2018, 09:13 AM
Hi-Arc
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

White with Cocoa Interior sounds like a great color combination! Good luck! Post some photos if you purchase.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:19 AM
Niez66
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 70 Posts

My neighbor has that combination, I think it looks awesome. The only two interior colors I’d buy are cocoa or black.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:33 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,162 Likes on 3,927 Posts

Cocoa is my favorite interior color. Someone had a white 997 full of cocoa leather (air vents, roof console, etc with white deviated stitching and it was unbelievably gorgeous.

The first R-Kompressor I found like my car was GT silver over cocoa which is what made me fall in love with the car. 2 years hater I had mine but with a black interior. The cocoa interior one is now in Chile.

With cocoa though, the interior has to be well cared for to maintain its richness and luster, otherwise it looks faded and tired.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:05 AM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I have it and I love it. It was a quite expensive option when new I understand and I am not sure about leather quality but on mine it's perfect. No creases, cracks or fading. I have full leather including a pillars, dashboard, doors, rear seat sides etc.
Attached Images  
Old 09-22-2018, 01:15 PM
Cattywampus
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed, Great looking color

Quick Reply: Anyone have the Cocoa interior in there 997?