Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   Fabspeed Motorsport | Not all aftermarket catalytic converters are the same (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/1097413-fabspeed-motorsport-not-all-aftermarket-catalytic-converters-are-the-same.html)

Fabspeed Motorsport 09-14-2018 12:26 PM

Fabspeed Motorsport | Not all aftermarket catalytic converters are the same

What kind of aftermarket catalytic converters do you have? Simply put, if they’re not HJS they’re not the best.

Fabspeed Motorsport utilizes German-imported 200-cell HD Sport Catalytic Converters, made by the world’s leading manufacturer of catalysts for Motorsports applications, HJS. In collaboration with the DMSB (Germany's governing body for motor racing) and the FIA, HJS developed a catalyst concept that makes it possible to offer the right catalytic converters for every conceivable application in motorsport and street performance driving.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...61759b7068.jpg
The HJS German 200 cell tri-metallic Racing Catalytic Converters, flow 93-95% of a straight pipe, while guaranteeing the emissions limits stipulated for emissions tests are complied with. Essentially, no pesky CEL light to worry about and we guarantee it!

HJS is one of the most well-respected names in the catalytic converter industry, and for good reason. They made in Germany and are specifically designed to be durable enough to handle the rigors and abuse of running at top speed on the Autobahn. Fabspeed utilizes HJS cats due to their proven durability and unmatched performance. One may choose to utilize cheaper grade catalytic converters to save money, but premature failure is very common once these cats are subjected to the abuse of high-horsepower cars and spirited driving.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...04a7eee112.jpg
So what catalytic converters does your aftermarket exhaust use? Are they genuine HJS? If you have any questions about HJS cats or our products that utilize them, don’t hesitate to PM me or respond here.

If you are interested in purchasing HJS cats themselves, we can make that happen as Fabspeed is the exclusive HJS distributor for North America, including the United States (USA), Canada, and Mexico.

Take a peek at the informative video below and feel free to reach out regarding forum pricing!

>>>
<<<

platinum997 09-14-2018 01:36 PM

The HJS German 200 cell tri-metallic Racing Catalytic Converters, flow 93-95% of a straight pipe, while guaranteeing the emissions limits stipulated for emissions tests are complied with. Essentially, no pesky CEL light to worry about and we guarantee it!
I have your sport headers and get a cel. Can I get some mini cats for that gaurantee?

Fabspeed Motorsport 09-14-2018 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by platinum997 (Post 15290060)
I have your sport headers and get a cel. Can I get some mini cats for that gaurantee?

PM sent!

platinum997 09-14-2018 02:47 PM

Thanks for the conversation Scott.. that's good customer service :thumbup:

I will be in touch.

Balr14 09-15-2018 12:09 PM

I have the full FabSpeed dual intake and exhaust with cats. I get no cels and it passes emissions in Wisconsin. About the only negative is it runs rich on cold start-up for about 30 seconds.

bml376 09-15-2018 08:12 PM

Do the emissions tests in Wisconsin only take into account OBD-2 readiness checks? Do the tests look at the OBD-2 readiness checks? If so, are you able to get all emissions OBD-2 readiness checks to become "ready"?

Is your car a 997.1 or 997.2 and do you have a tune?

Flat_Six_ 09-15-2018 09:26 PM

Stopped in your shop in Fort Washington. I was just curious to see it. You guys were awesome. Gave me a full tour and showed me the entire operation. Extremely impressed with everything. Awesome company!

Balr14 09-16-2018 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by bml376 (Post 15293011)
Do the emissions tests in Wisconsin only take into account OBD-2 readiness checks? Do the tests look at the OBD-2 readiness checks? If so, are you able to get all emissions OBD-2 readiness checks to become "ready"?

Is your car a 997.1 or 997.2 and do you have a tune?

I purchased the car from California with the FabSpeed upgrades. I do not know if it had a tune before I bought it. I bought the ECU tuner and had a tune done in Wisconsin, after it passed emissions tests. Wisconsin emissions testing is entirely OBD-2 checks, no visual inspection. My car is a 09 C2S.

Fabspeed Motorsport 05-29-2020 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Flat_Six_ (Post 15293121)
Stopped in your shop in Fort Washington. I was just curious to see it. You guys were awesome. Gave me a full tour and showed me the entire operation. Extremely impressed with everything. Awesome company!

Love to hear it FlatSix,
Feel free to PM us anytime you have a question or need to speak with a performance Expert!

Michaelc 05-30-2020 03:33 PM

PM sent to you Scott.