Sponsored by:

Porsche 997 sport steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 04:42 AM
Dripola
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Presto
That’s a great deal on wheel and airbag. Would be curious to know from where as well.
do note that there are some fakes and also modified airbags (connectors at the back changed out) floating around on eBay and other Eastern European parts sites. Be very careful.
I lied, it was $419 USD ex postage.
He currently has one listed for $459. He is US based, I’m hoping I’ll never find out if it’s a dud airbag.
The wheel was from a wrecker here in Australia but I’ve read threads of others picking up wheels for similar prices. Remembering these are PDK wheels. Suncoast has brand new manual ones for around 800 USD.
eBay user - Paulmember83,
Old 09-18-2018, 07:27 AM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Sorry to break it to you but that eBay user airbag while it is an original Porsche airbag it has been modified. See my below thread for more info. Feel free to post any queries there, will try my best to answer
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ing-wheel.html

The back of the airbag from some porsche airbags had a green and yellow plug as well as a metal grounding piece attached above the green plug. These airbags are available for cheap. What many European parts dealers are doing is buying the above airbag and changing the green plug to a brown plug and shaving off that metal grounding wire attachment. Hence if you look where that metal clip should be carefully you can see it’s been shaved off in some online listings. I have no clue if airbag functionality is affected by doing the above mods(maybe nothing is affected) but personally I would not mess around with airbags.
There are also fake airbags in the market which have a completely different yellow sticker on the back of the airbag. These will also be generally available for $300 or under. You can tell by looking at the yellow sticker, different font, it just looks cheap.

Last edited by Presto; 09-18-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:58 PM
jll1011
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to hijack thread with a question. Is it possible to change out my current steering wheel (Tiptronic) (2005 997.1 Tip) with the round airbag wheel with PDK buttons? I suspect the wiring connections are different with the newer wheel. Would like to change out my triangle wheel for newer design. Suggestions?

Quick Reply: Porsche 997 sport steering Wheel