Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 04:52 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 220 Likes on 135 Posts

WantA997

Our product is not abysmal and our service is excellent. I have a lifetime warranty on our shifters and a 3 year warranty on the cables. I always respond in a timely manner to all my customers even on weekends. I have many many satisfied customers. My cables were designed and are an improvement over the 996 cup cables which are no longer available to even purchase.

www.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223
Old 08-27-2018, 07:01 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
If you want the "best shift quality" you buy 996 Cup cables. Numeric's product (and service) is abysmal.
From the threads Numeric has bumped lately, it seems like you have very strong opinions on their shifter and cables. Can you please elaborate for everyone's benefit? Apart from some early shift ***** breaking, which has since been addressed with a new design, I don't hear a lot of bad things about them.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:55 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Just like “Porsche, there is no substitute”....there is no substitute for Numeric.

That’s my opinion, and if you have a belly button you get to have an opinion as well.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:33 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Happy with my Numeric shifter as well. Did not get the cables though.

Only suggestion I have re: Numeric's service is for a bit more packaging foam when shipping. I felt that the shifter could have been packed a bit more securely than it was, but it could also have been Canada customs opening up the box and not putting it back together again nicely when they checked it. That was on my only 'complaint', and not much of one!
Old 08-28-2018, 02:00 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
Happy with my Numeric shifter as well. Did not get the cables though.

Only suggestion I have re: Numeric's service is for a bit more packaging foam when shipping. I felt that the shifter could have been packed a bit more securely than it was, but it could also have been Canada customs opening up the box and not putting it back together again nicely when they checked it. That was on my only 'complaint', and not much of one!
Noted! I will have it double wrapped in the future. We always hope that customs does not tinker with the package too much. Thanks for the suggestion! -Faith
Old 08-28-2018, 10:42 PM
Okwute
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently installed a Numeric Short Shifter + Cables + Insulation cover in my GT4. I have a FF shift **** as well. My experience is very positive and I highly recommend Numeric. Customer Service was excellent... Numeric responded timely to multiple emails with answers to all my questions. Numeric also provided telephone technical support to the Porsche Dealer Service Tech who did the installation and walked him through the basics and made the installation very very easy.

On performance, the Numeric combo with the FF **** is outstanding. My Porsche Service advisor commentated how it now feels like a gated Ferrari manual... The stock GT4 shifter is definitely no slouch at all but if I had to pick just only one mod to spend money on for my GT4, personally the Numeric Shifter and Cable combo with FF know wins hands down!. It enhances overall driver engagement and interaction with the shifter.

Highly recommended. Just my own personal experience .02c
Old 08-29-2018, 07:04 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Okwute
I recently installed a Numeric Short Shifter + Cables + Insulation cover in my GT4. I have a FF shift **** as well. My experience is very positive and I highly recommend Numeric. Customer Service was excellent... Numeric responded timely to multiple emails with answers to all my questions. Numeric also provided telephone technical support to the Porsche Dealer Service Tech who did the installation and walked him through the basics and made the installation very very easy.

On performance, the Numeric combo with the FF **** is outstanding. My Porsche Service advisor commentated how it now feels like a gated Ferrari manual... The stock GT4 shifter is definitely no slouch at all but if I had to pick just only one mod to spend money on for my GT4, personally the Numeric Shifter and Cable combo with FF know wins hands down!. It enhances overall driver engagement and interaction with the shifter.

Highly recommended. Just my own personal experience .02c
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear of your experience and that you are happy with our products. Much appreciated!!!
Old 09-09-2018, 11:46 AM
hdavidson
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I received my Numeric shift yesterday. Started the install this morning. I got about half way through and then needed to refer to the site for more instructions only to find the site is down for maintenance. I guess my timing is poor but it’s frustating all the same. The install videos are hosting on the Numeric’s site vs YouTube or somewhere else so I’m dead in the water until it comes back online. They’ve already missed the maintenance window as it’s after 10am Eastern. Taking the site down for maintenance right after completing a group buy lacks forethought. OK, i’m Done venting now. Hopefully the site will be back online soon so I get get this project finished up and go driving.

Old 09-09-2018, 01:08 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by hdavidson

I received my Numeric shift yesterday. Started the install this morning. I got about half way through and then needed to refer to the site for more instructions only to find the site is down for maintenance. I guess my timing is poor but it’s frustating all the same. The install videos are hosting on the Numeric’s site vs YouTube or somewhere else so I’m dead in the water until it comes back online. They’ve already missed the maintenance window as it’s after 10am Eastern. Taking the site down for maintenance right after completing a group buy lacks forethought. OK, i’m Done venting now. Hopefully the site will be back online soon so I get get this project finished up and go driving.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Our site being down was beyond our control as our hosting service was having issues. We are back up!
Old 09-09-2018, 01:23 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Why put the server on a proprietary system that you have to worry about maintenance and downtime instead of Youtube where it is free and reliable. .That is not to say Youtube never goes down, it does but very rarely. If I'm running a business that relies on the system to be reliable, I wouldn't rely on these 3rd party support because you have no control over it.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:29 AM
nowakm99
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm in a 2012 Cayman S and have installed the Numeric shifter. I've had this set-up for over a year now and it has made a huge difference to the shifter feel. The stock shifter on the 987.2 just fell rubbery and vague and the Numeric short shifter is a massive improvement. I've now had a chance to try another PCA owner's car who had both the shifter and the cables and found that this takes things up a notch: absolutely no play and rifle-bolt precise. I have purchased the Numeric cables and will get these installed in the next week or so or early next spring.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:29 PM
Dymag
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Numeric Shifter and Cables

I recently had the Numeric Shifter and Cables installed on my 997.2 C4S. HIGHLY recommended; the shift feel and precision are superb - I was immediately impressed. I came from a Porsche SSK with OE cables.

The SSK/cable combo was installed at my local P dealership by a Master Tech; he was very excited when I picked up my car. He explained that he was very impressed with the build quality, and loved how the shifting was transformed.

With both the SSK and cables, I did experience an increase in cabin mechanical "sounds". This was only an issue when I was driving with windows closed, music off, and wife present (more so when her volume was turned off). I really enjoy the feel and definitive shifting of the Numeric parts, but the mechanical sound was a bit too much for me in a daily driver. I believed that the cables added too much transfer of sound, due to their solid build quality. I talked with the Porsche Tech about things, and told me "NO . . . . I could not change the cables back to stock - this Numeric set-up is too awesome to go back". I called Numeric and spoke with Dan; he was great and had input about a few other people with similar needs and goals. He advised use of his silicone cable wrap.

I ordered the silicone wrap/insulation, along with a little Dynamat as my P Tech advised . . . . . . problem solved !

My experience with Numeric is very positive. Dan and his Customer Service was/is excellent. Dan guided me to insulation and installation instructions for me to pass along to the Tech who did the work.

The Numeric combo is outstanding. Highly recommended.

Quick Reply: Numeric shifter and cable