Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 4 gts price check

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 06:44 PM
chicago_nsx
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Agreed - absolutely a great price! I own a C4GTS and this is the cheapest one I have ever seen!
Old 08-16-2018, 06:50 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AB2A97CS720816/
no carfax dings? If none, even at 50k miles/PDK/AWD that's a great deal. I'd guess market price should be around $65-$67
Old 08-16-2018, 07:23 PM
rootwyrm
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AB2A97CS720816/
no carfax dings? If none, even at 50k miles/PDK/AWD that's a great deal. I'd guess market price should be around $65-$67
Wrong options - that's what I paid for Onyxia. (Yes I name my cars. Don't you?) And remember, she has every desirable option, including PDLS and full leather interior with heated/ventilated seats, AND is a three pedal. Mileage does not actually swing the prices very much once you're past 36k. The difference from 40k to 70k miles is less than PDK vs manual. This one is pretty lightly optioned too, and Alcantara doesn't seem to do anything to the price.

Still an absolute steal at $58k, but assuming pristine paint and full service history, I would say this one should be toward the middle of a $62-65 range also assuming zero over revs and clean PPI.
edit: actually, let me revise that. Being a white one, the color could definitely push it $63-66 depending. The white ones do seem to sell higher.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:33 PM
nick2413
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems cheap. I bought 2012 GTS, 45k miles but CPO for nearly $15k more. If PPI checks out at somewhere like Hergesheimer, buy it.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:46 PM
pilfer
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

looks good to me, I have a white PDK C4GTS as well. My car has no options really at all and it doesn't matter in my opinion. I've had cars with dynamic lighting and it is very forgettable. I have the alcantara interior and the only thing I don't like about it is the steering wheel. I would hardly call 40k mi a daily driver on a 6 year old car. My car had 5000 mi on it when I got it at the end of 2015, I put a deposit on it literally the day after they got it on the lot, it was actually listed on autotrader as a C4S but they had a picture of the engine and the model was on the bumper.. I was just by chance in Oregon on a road trip. When I picked it up a few days later there were several people looking at it on the lot. Dealership said people were calling about it pretty consistently after I put down my deposit. I'd have taken it the first day but they needed to CPO it lol.

6MT vs PDK bores me, buy it, drive it and you won't regret it. Never selling mine.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:18 AM
rootwyrm
Instructor

Originally Posted by pilfer
looks good to me, I have a white PDK C4GTS as well. My car has no options really at all and it doesn't matter in my opinion. I've had cars with dynamic lighting and it is very forgettable. I have the alcantara interior and the only thing I don't like about it is the steering wheel. I would hardly call 40k mi a daily driver on a 6 year old car. My car had 5000 mi on it when I got it at the end of 2015, I put a deposit on it literally the day after they got it on the lot, it was actually listed on autotrader as a C4S but they had a picture of the engine and the model was on the bumper.. I was just by chance in Oregon on a road trip. When I picked it up a few days later there were several people looking at it on the lot. Dealership said people were calling about it pretty consistently after I put down my deposit. I'd have taken it the first day but they needed to CPO it lol.

6MT vs PDK bores me, buy it, drive it and you won't regret it. Never selling mine.
Yeah, I probably should have been clearer that these are not necessarily my opinions, but simply what I have seen and been told in the market over the past 4-6 months. Understand that 6spd vs PDK valuation does not care about you. It does not care about me. The market as a whole places a premium on 6 speed RWD because 'purist,' and consequently persists in looking down their nose at C4GTS and PDK and slinging meritless garbage. What I tell people is: I found more PDK than 6spd. There is nothing wrong with either. Drive what you like. (Unless it's mine. Then, no. Mine.)
Options and stickers are for the people who think if it isn't aircooled it isn't Porsche. But they are features. You've seen my car. It has the features I HAD to have - 6spd, wheel controls - and I embraced PDLS and ParkAssist as nice to have. It is a glorious car and fits my desires and needs. If it doesn't fit Joe's needs? Well, Joe, I'm sure you'll find one that will. Hell, I will personally help Joe find his Pcar.

Because that's what it's all about at the end of the day. We're a bunch of random people on the Internet trying to find people their dreamcars. Sometimes we do. Sometimes we don't. At the end of the day, the purchase is a decision which must be made alone, based on what you want in your car.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:23 AM
pilfer
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

touche lol. Like you said I think there are only a handful of 6spd cars out there.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:25 AM
rootwyrm
Instructor

Originally Posted by pilfer
touche lol. Like you said I think there are only a handful of 6spd cars out there.
And that number's only getting smaller. So, like, seriously. Please don't tell my insurer!
Old 08-17-2018, 03:01 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by 997c2sla
Sticker 122k

as far as I know only around 1200 4gts were produced.

This has been discussed quiet a bit but as far as I can recall, never really resolved since it's a matter of opinion. Is the 4 GTS worth more than the GTS because it was produced in fewer numbers and a rarer car? Why was it produced in fewer numbers though? Maybe because the 4 GTS is basically a C4S with 23 additional HP, in most cases centerlock wheels and a few other bits and pieces the C4S doesn't have? Not a car you'll see often on the road. Then the RWD "regular" GTS. Why was it built in greater numbers than the 4 GTS? Probably because of demand but why? My guess is that it was because it was the only RWD widebody 997 except for the GT3 RS or the GT2, both priced at nearly double that of the GTS.

So is the 4 GTS a more rare and therefore a more sought after car than the GTS because it was built in fewer numbers or is the RWD GTS a more rare car than the 4 GTS because of its configuration even if built in greater numbers? I don't have an answer.

Quick Reply: 997 4 gts price check