Sponsored by:

Too Fast

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 10:01 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Too Fast

OMG. I followed all the instructions on here about all the diy mods I could do and now my car is too fast. My wife wont drive it, she is always telling me to slow down, she doesnt like to be thrown against the door or on my lap when I corner......what am I to do?? She also says its too noisy when I get out of the neighbourhood and she doesnt hear her phone ring or even feel it vibrate as the car is too kick *** ( what ever she means by that). When I managed to get her to go on a tour/rally and we had some spirited cornering, she said your going too fast and take me home! ( I was waving to the leader...lets do it again), My reply to her was that I just didnt want to lose the guy in front of me and get lost......she rolled her eyes......I rolled mine.......next time I'm thinking some duck tape might be needed or take my 89 year old father
Old 07-28-2018, 10:18 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 90 Posts

Looks like you have the perfect vehicle for "me time!"
Old 07-28-2018, 11:02 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

That’s why i schedele track weekends from time to time and use the Jeep for family transportation.

Soinds good to me though.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:11 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Sounds as if the only solution may be a new wife . . . Danica Patrick type . . .
Old 07-28-2018, 11:53 AM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I need a new 997s then. My audi a4 station wagon is faster but not as fun to drive
Old 07-28-2018, 11:55 AM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

I hate to admit it, but my wife has done the exact same thing. It is sad because I would love to drive my dream car and spend time with my wife.

What worked for me is we had a talk. I told her I want her to come with me so we can spend time together. I have been making reasons to go to Houston which is a two hour drive. I explained that I will always drive the car spiritedly as that is one reason I bought it, but never dangerously. I then back up that statement with my history of never in my life being in an accident and the last ticket I received was back in the 90’s. She cannot say either of those things. I then have said I want to be with you so we can be together, but if you are going to criticize me or how I am driving and such please do not come. After laying those ground rules it has been much better. She doesn’t usually say anything and when she does I remind her of our talk and that she chose to come so she can’t say anything. Not sure if it will work for you, but it did for me. Good luck.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:14 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by swftiii
That’s why i schedele track weekends from time to time and use the Jeep for family transportation.

Soinds good to me though.
+1 on that
Old 07-28-2018, 05:05 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

When you're with the wife, drive the 997 in a manner that suits her. Even in auto/comfort it is still a lot more fun than a SUV. Then, schedule some alone time with your 997 and drive as you will. Just be safe, as you never know what is on the road over that next hill or around that next twisty. Last week it was a cow that got loose. The week before, buzzards enjoying road kill buffet...T
Old 07-29-2018, 10:01 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by doclouie
I hate to admit it, but my wife has done the exact same thing. It is sad because I would love to drive my dream car and spend time with my wife.

What worked for me is we had a talk. I told her I want her to come with me so we can spend time together. I have been making reasons to go to Houston which is a two hour drive. I explained that I will always drive the car spiritedly as that is one reason I bought it, but never dangerously. I then back up that statement with my history of never in my life being in an accident and the last ticket I received was back in the 90’s. She cannot say either of those things. I then have said I want to be with you so we can be together, but if you are going to criticize me or how I am driving and such please do not come. After laying those ground rules it has been much better. She doesn’t usually say anything and when she does I remind her of our talk and that she chose to come so she can’t say anything. Not sure if it will work for you, but it did for me. Good luck.
Knowing this guy’s past post, I am quiet sure he is kidding and not sure how any man or women could actually be concerned about acceleration feel in a 911 of any type driven normally. They are quiet docile cars in the lower rev range and super comfy for a sports car. . . . then again my wife had an orange Gallardo Spyder that she purchased herself when I met her in 2010 so my judgment may be happily skewed.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:36 AM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H

Knowing this guy’s past post, I am quiet sure he is kidding and not sure how any man or women could actually be concerned about acceleration feel in a 911 of any type driven normally. They are quiet docile cars in the lower rev range and super comfy for a sports car. . . . then again my wife had an orange Gallardo Spyder that she purchased herself when I met her in 2010 so my judgment may be happily skewed.
this 4 cyl car accelerates faster than my 997s and luckily i too have a wife that complains when we get a car thats too slow but never too fast lol

Old 07-29-2018, 09:17 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Gallardo Spyder.......um yea very happily skewed. OP may have been kidding, but I wasn’t. My wife has gotten on my case of driving many times. All you guys out there that don’t have a wife complaining about your driving just be happy. LOL.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:28 AM
GT3_ISH
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've only seen my lady scared once, and thats because this particular R35 GTR we were in made 1600whp. Other than that, shes good.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:44 AM
JABowders
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

...simply put ... just another reason why I don't have a wife.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:13 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Sounds as if the only solution may be a new wife . . . Danica Patrick type . . .

We picked up a Cayman S a few weeks back and the Missus immediately commented on the wheel gap, how the car needs lowered. I got the tail out a couple times on the way home and she started with "you need to get some sticky tires on here soon"..
Old 07-31-2018, 12:04 AM
rootwyrm
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JABowders
...simply put ... just another reason why I don't have a wife.
Other People to Me: "Jeez. Why are you single? Don't you want, you know...?"
Me: <just holds up latest invoice from the parts store>
Other People: "... yeah if I spent that, it would end my marriage real quick."
Me: "And this is just one of the three cars."

Quick Reply: Too Fast