997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AAA premium increase...27%!

Old 07-18-2018, 03:49 PM
andy92782
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I switched from AAA to Kemper last year, mainly cuz I had to make some additions to my homeowner's insurance AAA wasn't capable of. Once I lost the multi-policy discount with AAA, their price went up bigly. Kemper's new policy roughly matched AAA in terms of cost and coverage.

Now that I've been with Kemper for a year they just raised my rates about 10%... I don't think there's any way to win this game.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:10 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

My 2oo6 997S was $2378/year. Texas and Utah prices, that is funny. But I guess in Utah you don't divorced, you just get another wife. That would be expensive too.
o/p - double check the value of your cars too. 27% increase? They may have decreased the value of your car too.
If you don't like the rate, you can adjust your deductible? Form 5oo to 1ooo ?
Your in LA. So this would not apply to you. I get 5% off for snow tires. For those all season tires are fine in the snow. 5 years @$120/year 600bucks toward snow tires.
Also check your third party liability?
While your in the insurance file. Consider extended liability coverage. No one sues for A million anymore.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:21 PM
BigJule
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes If I remove this vehicle from AAA I will surely get less of a multi-policy discount, which in turn will probably come down to a net zero with a cheaper insurance. Does that make sense?
And yes we're screwed as consumers even though we shouldn't be, right?
Old 07-19-2018, 07:41 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

People should shop their insurance policies every year. Insurance companies make money off the stock market and other investments, if they do poor they pass on the losses to you. But if another company in doing well in their investments, you get a lower premium. With that said, my Geico premium hasnt budged since inception. If it does, Ill shop it around.

Major losses in a specific market also plays into the equation.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:53 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

We have AAA and it actually went down a few dollars this year for 3 cars. Fully agree that you need to shop regularly as if you stay with one company, they will boost your rates.
A few years ago, we switched from a Liberty Mutual policy direct to a Liberty Mutual policy through GEICO and the cost went down. A colleague shopped around for insurance for the first time in 10 yrs and saved in excess of $1000 on car and home. Loyalty is not rewarded in the insurance market.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:40 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by doclouie
Come to Texas. Mine is just over $900 for the year and my registration cost me a whole $56 this year, Highway robbery. LOL. Utah was still cheaper than Texas though.
About the same numbers for Southwest Florida for my GTS. I'm with Hartford.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:48 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by captainbaker
People should shop their insurance policies every year. Insurance companies make money off the stock market and other investments, if they do poor they pass on the losses to you. But if another company in doing well in their investments, you get a lower premium. With that said, my Geico premium hasnt budged since inception. If it does, Ill shop it around.

Major losses in a specific market also plays into the equation.

+997

Competitive bids on your insurance needs should be done at a minimum every three years. Annual price shopping works if you have the time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AAA premium increase...27%!