Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what's this module below the seat

Old 07-16-2018, 09:26 PM
ThomasShawn
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default what's this module below the seat

PO had car serviced just before I purchased and he told me that he had an issue with the airbag, seat occupancy light coming on and the dealership fixed it once and then had to fix it a 2nd time but assured me it was fine now.
I don't have any issue with airbag lights etc but I finally was crawling around securing floormats and noticed the box that looked a bit mangled. I don;t know what it is and briefly searched for different modules but coudl't really see anything that matched.

So what is this and should I be concerned with the lack of real connector and connections that looks as if they've simply been heat shrinked together?

notice the fancy tape job and lack of connector on the left side of the pic

Here's my reason for being interested in it.

currently my only issue is that the passenger airbag light (in the center console) stays lit when nobody is sitting in the seat. if I sit in the seat, after about 30 secs it goes off and seems to behave appropriately. however it appears that this is NOT the way its supposed to work.
in the past it hasn't been this way. I did replace the console recently and when I did that I also replaced the light in the console. in testing it I swapped back the old one to be sure and old one does the same thing now, although just not as bright. this is a change from before. I have reset all airbag codes with durametric. inside durametric I have the option to turn on/off individual lights (for testing I assume) I can turn on airbag light on dash and turn it off but I have no ability to do that with console passes get airbag one (option is there but doesn't work ) maybe because it's showing a fault. I've unhooked battery for 10-15 mins reconnected and it's same way. wondering if there's an issue with that control box beneath the seat although I didn't touch it when I reinstalled the console.. I did check the connection under the center stack its good. any other ideas?

Last edited by ThomasShawn; 10-23-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:39 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

IT'S A BOMB!

That's the passenger side POSIP module and weight sensor module. All OEM except for that wiring hack job.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:52 PM
ThomasShawn
Rennlist Member

Thanks
seems to be functioning ok but wonder what it would take to get it back to something that doesn’t look like Tim Allen attacked it
Old 07-17-2018, 02:17 PM
ocgarza
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasShawn
Thanks
seems to be functioning ok but wonder what it would take to get it back to something that doesn’t look like Tim Allen attacked it
Old 10-23-2018, 08:01 AM
ThomasShawn
Rennlist Member

anyone have pics of what this is SUPPOSED to look like?
or a part number of some sort.

considering finding a new cable with the correct ends vs new module and wiring. I think some of my intermittent airbag lights and seat position issues are likely due to the janky connector made from heat shrink tubing

figure some one of the 911 parts/salvage places would sell me one if I figure out what it is I need

thanks

Shawn
Old 10-23-2018, 09:43 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

Maybe it's this ?
Old 10-23-2018, 09:59 AM
ThomasShawn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wc11