Sponsored by:

Tranzit Blue HF install issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 08:27 AM
ThomasShawn
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Tranzit Blue HF install issues

okay so I ordered the TranZit Blu HF installed it in like 30 minutes and was pretty happy except for the following issues
1. Sound only coming out of the front left Channel
2. An escalating whine and very quiet pop that can be heard when no music or call is in progress.
3. The microphone sounded like I was in the bottom of a barrel across the room.

I checked all my connections everything was good I noticed that if I removed the antenna and plugged it in about half way I would intermittently get all channels of audio.when I switched the antenna off (holding the button down) and played FM radio, it was perfect no whine, no issues with static and all speakers played correctly.

For my power connections I used the white power to the back of the PCM and the brown ground on that same plug of the PCM.

So I ordered an all-new TranZit Blu and a few more sets of antenna patch cables thinking maybe I just got a bad one of something. I tried the new antenna it made no difference I swapped out just the TranZit Blu unit leaving all the original wiring intact and it immediately fixed the issue with the audio channels. the issue with the microphone was fixed and it changed the wine from an escalating wine that ended in a pop to now a much quieter but still there constant whine and baseline static where it was silent without static before.
When the music is playing or a conversation is occurring you don't hear the whining but if there's any dead air it is apparent at least to me.

So it took two units to get a working one and it's still not ideal but tolerable. The reliability issues I've read and now experienced in this setup have me concerned.

On the whine/pop: I'm open to suggestions on other wiring or grounding options that might remove the whining.
I'll see if I can upload a video link to show the whining. This occurs with the car parked and key on but engine not running. it also occurs driving but obviously MUCH harder to hear

here's a video with the sound i'm hearing

Quick Reply: Tranzit Blue HF install issues