Sponsored by:

EB Works fixed Type 3 wing vs OEM Turbo wing

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 02:54 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default EB Works fixed Type 3 wing vs OEM Turbo wing

I know wings have been discussed, but I want more specific info on this wing. I also see it by NR Automobile Accessories. It looks to me alot like the Turbo wing. I wonder if anyone has one. The picture is one of these Type 3 fixed wings. I like it.
wings
Old 06-26-2018, 09:26 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,168 Likes on 3,932 Posts

You'll then need a Durametric or similar to disable the active aero of the stock decklid as that wing won't look good or work right when the decklid deploys.

Personally, I think the Turbo wing with the active aero, where it goes up and down, is pretty cool, but for a fixed wing, that is a good looking one that looks similar to the turbo wing in its resting position.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:35 AM
shekmark
Pro

Thanks, I was wondering about that. I am having trouble getting more detailed info from the website. It just says coupe and cab fitment, but I thing it is only one height used for both. Also says direct bolt on to existing holes, which I like the sounds of.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:42 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shekmark
Thanks, I was wondering about that. I am having trouble getting more detailed info from the website. It just says coupe and cab fitment, but I thing it is only one height used for both. Also says direct bolt on to existing holes, which I like the sounds of.
Disabling the active aero is not hard to do. I did the opposite when I made the normally fixed bi-plane RUF wing on my silver car active aero with hydraulics, then later replaced the hydraulics with electric Erams.

One thing I notice is that the spoiler looks like it obscures the 3rd brake light below the rear window, but does not look like it has provisions for a light in the spoiler. Third brake lights help to prevent rear end collisions, or if you're in an inspection state, might be a problem if obscured when viewed from the rear of the car. The Turbo wing moves the 3rd brake light to the rear wing. The TT wiring harness has provisions for both the hydraulic pump that does the active aero and for the 3rd brake light in the spoiler. If you go with this wing, you might need to looking into adding a red LED light strip into that wing before it goes to paint and then buy the TT wiring harness to get a wire back there to hook up to it (might need a resistor too if going with LEDs to not get an error).
Old 06-26-2018, 12:57 PM
shekmark
Pro

Maybe I better leave it stock! I'm not good with all that mod stuff. I don't have the patience for it. I have been checking the want ads and Ebay for a used turbo wing, but no luck yet.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:05 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

PM your email address and i'll send you instructions on how to disable the wing error for a 997.
We have had several people do this retrofit on non- turbo cars. Looks nice.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:22 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shekmark
Maybe I better leave it stock! I'm not good with all that mod stuff. I don't have the patience for it. I have been checking the want ads and Ebay for a used turbo wing, but no luck yet.
Here ya go: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-TUR...cAAOSwXEdaZWAf

We have a device to prevent the warning called a MicroModule. Let me know if you want to try one.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:50 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4
Here ya go: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-TUR...cAAOSwXEdaZWAf

We have a device to prevent the warning called a MicroModule. Let me know if you want to try one.
If the active aero feature is disabled in the car modules so it's not looking for any signals from the limit switches, then you don't get an error code - this is the cleanest solution for a fixed wing and can be achieved just by coding it out with a Durametric Pro or PIWIS. It's only if active aero is enabled and then not seeing the signals from the switches that it's looking for, that the micromodule is needed, as it sends the proper signals without any switches actually being made, like I use on your Eram setup.

Quick Reply: EB Works fixed Type 3 wing vs OEM Turbo wing