Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Button Installed, Like The Result!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Sport Button Installed, Like The Result!

I have a '12 Targa 4 MT (997.2). Love the car and the great fun I have driving it. I also very much like the ease by which the car can be tinkered with. I've done a bunch myself and had an Indie do some other. I just had the Sport software and button installed by a local dealer since software was involved. The throttle response and stiffened PASM make it worth it.... to me. I have read others didn't think it was worth the money. Maybe not, your decision. Me... yep. The car handles so much better and while expensive, it made my car even more fun to drive. And, that's what I bought it for. I crank the car, the Sport button gets mashed!

So here's the question: the dealer can't tell me how to make the personal changes in the PCM that are supposed to come with the software: (From Suncoast site: For vehicles with PCM, new personalized settings can now be controlled. Including memory for lights, wiper, climate control, & door lock settings). Does anyone know how to make to those personalized setting to the P-car after this install. Good install, no follow-up instructions.

Thanks in advance for your usual great help. I really like this forum!!!!
Old 06-07-2018, 10:56 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Pretty sure all of this is in the manual.
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...le-of-contents
Old 06-07-2018, 01:55 PM
Yet anothercrisis
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbrooksr
I have a '12 Targa 4 MT (997.2). Love the car and the great fun I have driving it. I also very much like the ease by which the car can be tinkered with. I've done a bunch myself and had an Indie do some other. I just had the Sport software and button installed by a local dealer since software was involved. The throttle response and stiffened PASM make it worth it.... to me. I have read others didn't think it was worth the money. Maybe not, your decision. Me... yep. The car handles so much better and while expensive, it made my car even more fun to drive. And, that's what I bought it for. I crank the car, the Sport button gets mashed!

So here's the question: the dealer can't tell me how to make the personal changes in the PCM that are supposed to come with the software: (From Suncoast site: For vehicles with PCM, new personalized settings can now be controlled. Including memory for lights, wiper, climate control, & door lock settings). Does anyone know how to make to those personalized setting to the P-car after this install. Good install, no follow-up instructions.

Thanks in advance for your usual great help. I really like this forum!!!!
I had the sport software installed/updated as well. This was done almost five years ago and I really like the results. It was done by a dealer too. When I asked during my next visit how to set the personal settings you mention, all I got was a blank stare. I even later took the car to another dealer for an oil change and asked them to verify that the personal settings were available to me. Same look. No answer. So here it is five years or more later and I don't have the complete package as described and no one seems to be able to give me an answer. I am assuming that the settings are not available with the add on software. A related concern for me is the launch control. After attending the Barber Porsche Sport Driving School last summer and launching a turbo, I want to try it at least one time in my car. However, I wonder if launch control is included in the package since the personal settings don't seem to be there. I am not sure what would happen if launch control is not available and I attempt a launch. I don't have the guts to try that on my babied "12 C2S.
If you get an answer, I will be interested in seeing it.
Good Luck
Old 08-26-2020, 06:06 PM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Received 635 Likes on 234 Posts

Just to follow up, after I posted about my problem with the DSC Sport module not being compatible with my car, Tom from TPC Racing reached out. He looked up the unit and explained that the unit was programmed for a 981 GT4.

Long story short, I sent DSC the module, they turned it around same day, and I am currently enjoying the GT3 Tour File on my 991.2 GTS. I will report back once I have some more seat time, right now its just been back and forth to work, not enough to discuss!

I just want to thank Tom at TPC , and DSC Sport, clearly a team of amazing people.
The following users liked this post:
roketman (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 09:49 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts
Default DSC

Tom’s a class act!
great products, knowledge and customer service!!
Among the best in the business
Old 09-09-2022, 01:25 PM
tx-911
Instructor

Received 106 Likes on 58 Posts

Deleted. (wrong thread)

Last edited by tx-911; 09-09-2022 at 03:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Sport Button Installed, Like The Result!