Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Northern New Jersey PPI advice

Old 05-25-2018, 11:02 AM
HiAperture
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Northern New Jersey PPI advice

Considering this car in North Jersey: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...e-history.html

Any recommendation on a PPI in the area? It seems like Powertech is a reputable shop for P cars, when I searched PPI New Jersey here on RL several people recommended them specifically. Does anyone know this shop, should I even waste money on a PPI if they are representing it (I kind of feel like I have to in any case for peace of mind)? In particular with a NE car I am concerned about the undersides with the salted roads.

Service records look thorough and up to date to me, anyone see anything missing on there? The only feature on my must list that it doesn't have is Bose, but I am buying the car to hear the car, not music, but I do listen to music. How disappointed am I going to be in the stock stereo?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-25-2018, 11:17 AM
ogun228
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

There are many excellent places in NNJ. I use Shade Tree Garage in Morristown. John O'Connor is terrific.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:51 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

Powertech is a well regarded shop and Shawn and crew are straight forward and do the right thing. Given that its a tip, no concerns about overrevs. Maintenance history looks thorough as you said. There are certainly other shops in the area to do a PPI, but if you got a rennlister to check it out for you, I'd be willing to buy without a formal PPI.

Potential shops if you still want to do it:

Precision Motorsports in Califon
Aspen Autosports
Paul Miller Porsche (ehhhhh)

stock stereo is ok, nothing great, but neither is bose. Underside shouldn't be an issue, they are pretty well covered underneath.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:07 PM
inspectX
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@HiAperture: We have a Gold Meister Porsche tech in the NYC area who could travel out to the car for a full PPI. Please reach out if we can help. Thanks!
Old 05-25-2018, 03:10 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

what is a "gold meister porsche tech"? who created that designation and who certified this individual as such?
Old 05-25-2018, 03:24 PM
inspectX
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Gold Meister" is a Porsche factory certification that's given to techs who pass a practical test at the Atlanta Porsche HQ annually. They also have to attend 40 hours of training per year at the HQ. It's the highest distinction that a tech can achieve at a dealership.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:29 PM
HiAperture
Instructor

Thanks for the responses so far. If anyone is nearby and would enjoy going to look at the car, I am certainly open to that. Although I would still probably elect to have a PPI done.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:58 AM
GTS997
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heinlein Racing in Ledgewood. Ask to speak with Tiv.

http://heinleinracing.com/

Old 05-26-2018, 05:37 PM
HiAperture
Instructor

OK, I have a deposit on the car. I will reach out to some of the suggested shops nearby after the holiday weekend and schedule a PPI. If anyone is in the area and feels like going to eyeball it for me as a bit of fun, let me know.

Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Northern New Jersey PPI advice