Sponsored by:

GTS and respray question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 03:23 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
Get it resprayed and enjoy it - dont listen to the **** elements here. The next buyer, if there is one, will prob think it looks great unless you get a Rennlist member in which case move to the next buyer 99% of purchasers will appreciate the respray
Couldn't agree more. My -09 C4S was rear ended and total tab to fix it all was just shy of $5K. Most of the damage was to the decklid with a bit of a lick to the edge of the quarter panel. I took plenty of pictures and got copies of all parts ordered and replaced. When I sold the car the repair was fully disclosed and the shop doing the PPI for the buyer labeled the repair as "undetectable". The buyer of my car had no issues paying full market price given all the documentation. Not even a mention of any discount because of this.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:48 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

Cool, thanks for the help! I agree with everyone: I have documentation and it should come out well. This car, although not a "perfect" build (it has CL wheels, as noted in the other thread) and doesn't have sport suspension, is still a good all-around build. I forgot to mention it is a GTS 4, not a GTS, which is a good thing as my wife loves the 4S locked-down feel as a contrast to her C2S. It is a good color, overall clean, has sport seats, CPO: seems like a reasonable price for a nice car!

Quick Reply: GTS and respray question