Old 05-15-2018, 12:04 PM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 172 Likes on 114 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by jbse39
I shopped from RMEuropean for brake parts and Warehouse33 recently for some suspension parts. I also buy from FCP Euro and ECS for some of the BMW stuff. For BMW OEM stuff, I buy from getbmwparts.com or bmwoffairfax.com (my local dealer) as both have identical prices on most things and often less expensive than all other vendors. getbmwparts has expanded into Porsche parts with getporscheparts.com and I compared what I recently bought from Warehouse33 and they were less expensive by ~10% (over $200), even with Warehouse33's Rennlist discount.
Thanks for your support!! We're excited to have finally expanded from Genuine BMW parts (getBMWparts.com) to now offering Genuine Porsche parts (getPorscheparts.com) and Genuine Audi parts (getAudiparts.com)! We're offering Free US Ground Shipping on most orders $299+, and have a Price Match Promise to ensure we're offering the best value of Genuine Original Porsche, BMW, and Audi parts! Please let us know should anyone need anything, have any suggestions, or want to see any specific product specials, kits, or group-buys!

Shop & SAVE on Genuine OEM Porsche Parts, Accessories & Driver's Selection!
Contact Us · Shop Audi & BMW Parts too!

Old 05-15-2018, 12:56 PM
Shaymus
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
I used to order from Pelican Parts when it was small and had good service. Just wasted a so much time dealing with their BS today, but I need brake parts for a 997.2 and don't want to take this car to the dealer. Who out there is DEPENDIBLE and what rotors and pads do you guys recommend for fronts on base C2.
Suncoast has better pricing on many items, but shipping to Canada BLOWS 4 bumper plugs $57 WTF!!!! What is wrong with these companies??
Old 07-01-2018, 11:50 AM
IkoIko911
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

Pelican used to be great - because it was owned and run by "people"

then they sold out to ECS - and didn't tell anyone
Old 07-01-2018, 11:38 PM
jayson
Racer

Received 418 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by IkoIko911
Pelican used to be great - because it was owned and run by "people"

then they sold out to ECS - and didn't tell anyone
I just found out about this myself. No idea how a company like ECS is able to buy them out.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:49 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cfiiman
I've noticed this too. The customer service is not great at Pelican the last 3 out of 4 times I've called them, either with a question or with an issue on an existing order. This has caused me to source the expensive parts I buy from another vendor.
I’ve bought tons from pelican, used to be a great place for air cooled parts. Sorry to hear ecs took them over, explains my recent order issues.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:04 AM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out www.warehouse33auto.com we have fast shipping and very competitive prices!

-Jason
Old 07-02-2018, 12:23 AM
ocgarza
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
So FCP Euro apparently has free replacement and prices look better than Pelican Parts. So does this mean I can get a great price on pads and never have to pay for pads again assuming I kept this car and used their pads?

Website says every part is guaranteed for life. Anyone used them before? Sounds too good to be true, but I hear very positive feedback about them.
I use FCP for all my maintenance stuff; Pentosin oil in 5 liter jugs w free shipping over $50; Sonax window cleaner in very large containers, Porsche filters, etc. Never tried them for brakes and such however.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:12 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 384 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
Check out www.warehouse33auto.com we have fast shipping and very competitive prices!

-Jason
Unfortunately very difficult to find anything on your website.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:18 AM
roman944
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

actually this morning, a fellow local European tuner has tagged a post where it says that ECS took over Pelican Parts - and ECS is famous for horrible customer service, so not surprised?

or was that just a rumor and never happened?

but it sounds legit due to a lot of bad feedback for Pelican lately
Old 07-02-2018, 07:32 AM
4Driver4
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 274 Posts

Such a bummer. I'm still morning the loss (also to ECS) of Will Turner's BimmerParts.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:39 AM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by roman944
actually this morning, a fellow local European tuner has tagged a post where it says that ECS took over Pelican Parts - and ECS is famous for horrible customer service, so not surprised?

or was that just a rumor and never happened?

but it sounds legit due to a lot of bad feedback for Pelican lately

It is true but ECS is a very successful company. Sure there may be a few stories of poor customer service but Ive been doing a ton of business with them for 10 years and in that time they may have had one or two errors.

Last month I ordered some spacers for an Audi and I noticed on the tracking from USPS that the package stayed stuck in a neighboring town for 5 days. Having been through this before I suspected it was a lost package. I called ECS and they never even said they had to look into it, or submit a claim, or whatever. They just said, "Ok sir im sending a new one out priority right now and if the other one shows up just let us know and we'll have it picked up."

They also have gone out of their way to help me customize brake kits such as adapting RS5 / R8 brakes to an Audi S4 even going so far as to try out different brake lines to get it to match up and always taking them back free on return.

That said, I have been using FCP Euro a lot more lately. Their customer service and guarantee has me buying all of my brake parts from them and any failure prone parts like turbo bypass valves, AOS, PCV, spark plugs, coilpacks, etc etc. You'll only need to buy it once if you buy it from them.

Mike
Old 07-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

FCP got me the parts I needed quickly and without drama and I finally got my money refunded from PPs. Never again . . .
Old 07-02-2018, 11:17 AM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
Unfortunately very difficult to find anything on your website.
Could not find what you're looking for using the dropdowns? You can also message me with your shopping list too.

-Jason
Old 07-02-2018, 02:55 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 384 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
Could not find what you're looking for using the dropdowns? You can also message me with your shopping list too.

-Jason
I looked at the site and I noticed a banner for Liqui Moly... Clicked on it, nothing happened. Entered Liqui Moly in the search box and it asked me about my car, entered that and the only Liqui Moly product was some gear lube... I was interested in having a list of all Liqui Moly products you sell - motor oil, additives, etc... No such list could be found.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:28 PM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 233 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156717802634883&set=gm.2050020475315172&type=3&theater& ifg=1

The title of this group is appropriate to how I'm feeling: "Why I hate ECS Tuning."

This is my "messed up" ECS story. told through my singular lens. The opinions expressed here are just that, but are true to how ECS came into my life and made me hate their company. Settle in. This ain't short.

3 years ago today, July 1, 2015, ECS "acquired" Turner Motorsport incorporated, the company I had toiled to help Will Turner build up for 8.5 years. They promised the former owner, a guy I shared a small office with for over 5 years, all sorts of amazing synergies and upsides. We'd share the best of both companies to form a super-knowledgeable, cutting edge source of auto parts with unmatched experience and customer service.

Those were all lies.

When I arrived at Turner in 2007, they were a small niche / boutique operation that sold a couple million in parts per year, fueled by a handful of true enthusiasts. I had left a solid job at another respected BMW parts outfit for the chance to work for an exciting up-and-coming BMW Tuner that already had a reputation for racing and no-BS parts.

When the ECS management team landed at Turner for the first time after the buyout, I was of course guarded. My optimism quickly turned to disgust. My impression of them was smarmy. Ruthless. Greedy. And in some cases, completely inept. Most notably the the two former owners, who's opinion I held as low as one could imagine. They had sold controlling rights to their company only a year before, and were now "Co-CEOs" of the private equity owned entity, an asset of Betram Capital Investments.

Many of our numbers were better than theirs. Our customer satisfaction higher, returns lower, vendor relationships deeper, and our employee retention and advancement out of this world. We managed a better profit margin, taboot. (Who knew: When you have happy customers and employees, you can run a good business!) Seeing behind the scenes of Turner Motorsport and ECS Tuning, it was clear -- One was a company that earned its reputation, the other a Wild-West movie scene, pretending to know what they were doing, luring customers in with prices slightly lower than their peers, and growth that stemmed from mostly dumb luck, and past smart employees who had quit along the years. They had no clear vision besides growth-at-any-cost, to inflate their private equity owned LLC so they could dump it to another larger company in a few years and (hopefully) some key players would walk away millionaires.

It was official: Will Turner sold his company to the devil. A soulless machine that didn't care about the car community or its employees. It cared about one thing only: Profit.

They were insufferable, right out of the gate. I played along for a few months, as they made one foolish or unimaginable decision after another. As the Director of Operations, I had a bird's eye view of the deconstruction and dismemberment of a once great company.

I made several trips to ECS headquarters in Wadsworth, OH. What I saw was what I would describe as borderline inhumane treatment of employees. Unnecessary control tactics to ensure NO ONE at ECS had any "tribal knowledge" of their business. Because of this their employees had a demeanor like abused animals. Cameras over every desk. Unbelievably low pay. Tiny tiny cubicles. Unnecessary dress code from the 1940's. Isolated and key-code locked rooms for every department. I was one .of a select few who could freely walk through all of the departments, and see the inner workings of ECS and the people that worked hard behind locked doors.

And I really felt bad for them. I felt almost as bad for their customers. Their warehouse was a disorganized hive of slave-like labor, governed by fear and intimidation. Their shipments were POORLY packaged, their process riddled with opportunities for mistakes and human error, and the morale of their employees those the lowest I've ever seen.

As an IT and Ecommerce Manager, their system was one of the most poorly cobbled together hackjobs I'd ever seen as well. Their security and disaster recover was a joke. it's no wonder they had troubles with data breaches and massive credit card data hacking. (Google it!) This was 100% the worst working environment I'd ever seen. Run by delusional and inept management who truly believed they'd built the perfect machine. And now fueled by outside PE money and reckless abandon.

The Turner buy-out happened in July, and in December of 2015 they unveiled their new "plan" in a small conference room of ECS. It was the former owner, Mr. Turner, myself, the two "co-CEOs", and 3 or 4 members of senior management. I sat in the board room and watched Will Turner's jaw drop as they explained their master plan -- to consolidate the 50 employee Massachusetts based Turner Motorsport with Ohio. Their reasoning after months of research: "It would save $11k in shipping expense and 0.2 days of package transit time. "That's it???" I asked. At the time, Turner Motorsport alone (not including ECS) was spending some $30k a week in shipping. No one researched the advantages of combining the capabilities of both companies. I argued they needed to re-run their numbers for contrast before impulsively vaporizing Turner Motorsport. They had made up their mind and that was that.

So on December 15, I became aware that ECS wanted me to lay off the majority of my workforce. The best of the best, in a hot bed of Boston-area talent were about to be out a job around Christmas. A good portion of whom I had hired and trained, and all of which I worked along-side for years. Several employees pre-dated my years of service, including a few with 18-20 years of experience each. No offers of relocation. No concern or compassion. All business. Just to save a few bucks, and (as time would tell) to the chagrin of its customers.

The would also dissolve the in-house R&D and production, boasting their plans to send manufacturing to the same Chinese and Mexican companies ECS was already outsourcing to.

They'd keep the domain name and 800 number, and 4 sales reps to continue the perception that Turner Motorsport was an independent parts house. They also kept two customer service reps to handle all the shipping errors, damaged parts, wrong parts, and nightmare orders ECS had become so good at creating. They quietly dumpstered thousands of parts and sent millions of dollars worth of inventory (much of which they had no way of selling) to their Ohio warehouse. A once-great all-BMW parts house went from 50 employees to 6, remains to this very today.

Strangely they didn't want me to go, though. They wanted my experience (Ecommerce, IT, SEO, Management, etc) however they could keep me. They tried cutting me in on their private equity parachute "pie in the sky" incentive plan that other ECS managers were on. I turned it down. The incentive plan's legal paperwork was a joke. A labyrinth with only 1 outcome that might pay out a modest bonus, mired with a hundred of ways ECS could cut me out and $0 at their discretion.

Pass.

Instead I made sure the laid off Turner employees got the best severances and treatment I could, and informed WIll Turner his ride with me as his right hand man was over. I quit on the 9th anniversary of my hire date, which was also the 5th year anniversary of launching a revamped Ecommerce platform that increased sales +40% overnight.

I still look back on that as an amazing job, with the most amazing people on the planet, that all came to a screeching halt because someone couldn't turn down a 7 figure payout (yes, 7 figure and decidedly not 8.) I often think how different my life and so many others would be had ECS not picked Turner as the first target of acquisition.

But they aren't done! ECS very quietly purchased Pelican Parts last fall. Good luck finding any press and PE newswire hoopla, like the Turner acquisition. They have kept this buy-out VERY quiet, as Bertram knows how bad ECS did with Turner "transition." Who will ECS buy next?

Do yourself a favor and get VERY picky about where you buy your German/Euro car parts. Starting asking: "Are you owned by ECS Tuning or Bertram Capital Investments?"

Read the ECS Glass Door, and know all the bad reports are 100% truth, while the glowing reviews are almost certainly planted by management to combat a dumpster fire that is their HR department.

I hope this clearly illustrates why I genuinely hate ECS Tuning.

-Dan Curtis
The current fire on the internet this week. It is sad that companies end up like this, but is such the way of the world that allows new ones to start with the focus on their customers.

Quick Reply: Pelican Parts Blows . . . Where Can I Order without BS