Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cabrio Roll bar thoughts; devalue car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 07:28 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cabrio Roll bar thoughts; devalue car?

I am thinking of installing a DAS roll bar. I am not convinced that I should for a couple of reasons, but the main reason I would do it would be to be able to do DE's at NJMSP track. The downside, besides cost for the bar, is four 7/16ths bolt holes must be drill into the rear floor on each side. I worry about reduced value of my car if I compromise the floor like that. Obviously the bar could be removed , requiring some type of floor plug. How many of you would pass over this car, in a sale, because of floor holes? Am I being ridiculous? If I thought I would keep the car forever, I would not worry. My problem is, I have a habit of moving on after a couple of years ( a TT perhaps).
Old 04-16-2018, 07:58 PM
KLS
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

The holes would bother me nearly as much as the fact that someone tracked it enough to need a roll bar.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:49 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KLS
The holes would bother me nearly as much as the fact that someone tracked it enough to need a roll bar.
Interesting. I hadn’t even thought of that angle. Truth is I will probably wind up trading my car in some day with 75 K miles on it. Dealers don’t seem to care much about PPI’s and Over-rev reports and all that. Seems to be more of a Rennlisters thing.

Quick Reply: Cabrio Roll bar thoughts; devalue car?