Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawk ceramic or brembo sport brake pads

Old 04-13-2018, 08:28 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Hawk ceramic or brembo sport brake pads

I have a set of both these pads hawk ceramic and brembo sport. I do mostly street driving.. what you think is the better . Normally would think the brembo branded one would-be better but reading up and searching best brake pads normally turned up hawk ceramics as a choice.... Opinions...
Old 04-14-2018, 08:59 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,124 Likes on 3,900 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
I have a set of both these pads hawk ceramic and brembo sport. I do mostly street driving.. what you think is the better . Normally would think the brembo branded one would-be better but reading up and searching best brake pads normally turned up hawk ceramics as a choice.... Opinions...
I just put Hawk Ceramics on my wife's c2s and are very happy with them. Good initial bite, great modulation and stopping power, little dust. I have them paired with dba slotted rotors. Like them better than the HPS ones that I installed previously.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:33 AM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Hawks ceramics are going to be great for dust but will have lower bite. This is a street pad.

the brembos will dust more but have better bite. They are more of a "dual purpose" compound like the ds2500.

mike
Old 04-14-2018, 07:41 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

The hawk ceramics seem to be performing well. Yes I feel it actually seems to have good initial bite, if fact seemingly better than the jurid pads I removed which were original. The performance of the hawk ceramics seemed to have improved after the bedding in procedure of 6 to 10 moderate stops from 60kph then followed by 2 to 4 "activating the abs" strong stops. I really haven't tried it for track work.
I read that the brembo sport brake pads were also ceramics.. Hp2000. I hope others with experience with these pads can chime in..
The brake pad set thats going in will be there for the next 50k kms...
Old 06-09-2021, 04:15 PM
dlbehrns
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Can't post on parts for sale

I can't seem to post these pads for sale on the right forum. wts forgive me if I post here. I have two sets of Hawk HB 665 Z.577 and HB 719 Z.668. One set has about a 100 miles on them. Other set is brand new. After I got them bedded correctly with the help of a Hawk technician I was not willing to sacrifice brake feel which has been mentioned. I think if you get them heated up at the track they will perform just fine. Don't have a track to test my theory. Call me picky. WTS so I went w/Brembo and the original brake feel is back. Hawk sent me another set to compensate. So I have two sets for sale. Make me a reasonable offer I can't refuse. dlbehrns@gmail.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hawk ceramic or brembo sport brake pads