Sponsored by:

2011 GTS front spoiler lip part #?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 03:32 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2011 GTS front spoiler lip part #?

Does anyone know the part # for a 2011 GTS unpainted/unprimed front spoiler lip?

I know they have a primed one at Suncoast but is there a part number for one that doesn’t get painted, like the one that was originally on my car?

I can’t find the part in anywhere in PET.
Thanks
Old 03-30-2018, 03:50 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S.
Does anyone know the part # for a 2011 GTS unpainted/unprimed front spoiler lip?

I know they have a primed one at Suncoast but is there a part number for one that doesn’t get painted, like the one that was originally on my car?

I can’t find the part in anywhere in PET.
Thanks
Email or call Suncoast (or your local dealer) and give them your VIN - they'll be able to tell you the part number of the front spoiler lip that was originally on your car.

I believe the primer on this one at Suncoast is black, not a gray primer.

If you're trying to "fix" your existing spoiler - see post #1 here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...p-refresh.html
https://www.suncoastparts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=50598305
Old 03-30-2018, 04:10 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

There isn't one. All the new ones come primed. Just spray with SEM trim black or have a shop do it. I sprayed myself and touch it up as it gets knicks. NBD.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:02 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
There isn't one. All the new ones come primed. Just spray with SEM trim black or have a shop do it. I sprayed myself and touch it up as it gets knicks. NBD.

Same. I've touched it up twice in the last two years.. going to be doing it again for the spring refresh. no biggie. takes me maybe an hour total including taking it off, sanding it down a little, spraying it with 2 coats (15 minutes between coats) and putting it back (after some dry time). looks great each time.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:55 PM
bronz
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts

Have you guys tried plastidip? I have the primed one laying around waiting to be installed on my GTS bumper just cant decide if i should do Plastidip or SEM trim paint
Old 03-30-2018, 05:56 PM
bronz
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts

also my local dealer wanted $780 for the lip, then i showed them the one on suncoast and they price matched it. It actually came out cheaper that way since i only paid tax instead of shipping which was less.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:01 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by bronz
Have you guys tried plastidip? I have the primed one laying around waiting to be installed on my GTS bumper just cant decide if i should do Plastidip or SEM trim paint
skip the plastidip on parts like this. It will be sandblasted off. Even worse than wheels that chip in a few months. SEM looks better too IMO
Old 03-30-2018, 10:18 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks guys!

Mine is cracked in half, so was trying to find one that didn't need paint, car is black anyways. Dealer has the part # for the primed one, insurance is paying for it so was trying to find part number for one that doesn't need paint.

Last time I had a front lip painted it lasted about a week before hitting a cement parking stop...
Old 03-31-2018, 01:45 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by Fined
Same. I've touched it up twice in the last two years.. going to be doing it again for the spring refresh. no biggie. takes me maybe an hour total including taking it off, sanding it down a little, spraying it with 2 coats (15 minutes between coats) and putting it back (after some dry time). looks great each time.
I don't even take mine off. Just spend 15 minutes carefully masking the bumper above the lip, drape the hood and the front quarter panels with an old bed sheet for overspray, sand the bottom of it and then spray it with a $4 bottle of satin black from Home Depot. Looks brand new. Like you I do this maybe once a year.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:24 PM
SF911TT
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Does anyone have the part number for the two screws on both sides that secure them a bit? I lost mine last time I refreshed and never got new ones.

Quick Reply: 2011 GTS front spoiler lip part #?